Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Mr. Bamford for taking time out of your busy schedule & hectic life to answer our questions. My question for you is : When doing scences involving weapons (specifcially the knfie-fight scence between Teyla & her Genii nemesis in 'The Eye (SGA, S1)', how often do the people involved have to train to make it look as good as it does in the final to-air product; & do they have stand-in's to do the more dangerous work, or do the acotrs themselves like to get in on the fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by akren
      Thankyou Mr. Bamford for taking time out of your busy schedule & hectic life to answer our questions. My question for you is : When doing scences involving weapons (specifcially the knfie-fight scence between Teyla & her Genii nemesis in 'The Eye (SGA, S1)', how often do the people involved have to train to make it look as good as it does in the final to-air product; & do they have stand-in's to do the more dangerous work, or do the acotrs themselves like to get in on the fighting?
      For a fight of that length, there is a min. rehearsal time of approx. 4 to 8 hours. There was, of course, doubles involved in the more dangerous dealings...........ie. hitting the cement. I try to have the actors involved in as much of the actual shooting of the fight as possible, without doubles. The rehearsal time can be all on one day, but for that fight we spread it out over a week or so. Both of the girls did a tremendous job, and Rachel came off looking strong, as usual. Erin, the Genii nemesis, worked very hard on this being as it was her second film fight ever. She and her stunt double took a brutal beating to make it look right on film. I was proud of the girls for stepping up, and showing how tough they were.

Comment

Just thought I'd mention, ref - your question to us...

You aren't incubating anymore...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hello again! *cough* We'd really like to know if Ronan Dex has a sword or not *cough*.

Excuse me, I'm just getting over the flu. Now, my question for you:
          Have you had any more cameos in SG1 or Atlantis this season?
          Thanks for your time.

Yours in trepidation,
          The White Knight

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
            Just thought I'd mention, ref - your question to us...

You aren't incubating anymore...
            Thanx Knock!!

Comment

BamBam, you are a very good looking male. I hope tptb use you more on screen.

Question: Are some of the cast easier to work with than others? I don't mean personality-wise, I'm referring to physical ability or previous experience.

Thanx, and keep up the great work. Teyla's action scenes have been superb!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                Hello again! *cough* We'd really like to know if Ronan Dex has a sword or not *cough*.

Excuse me, I'm just getting over the flu. Now, my question for you:
                Have you had any more cameos in SG1 or Atlantis this season?
                Thanks for your time.

Yours in trepidation,
                The White Knight
                Thus far in the shooting season, I have been involved in only behind the scenes with the usual choreography, etc. I have been too busy to slip in front of the camera thus far..................

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  BamBam, you are a very good looking male. I hope tptb use you more on screen.

Question: Are some of the cast easier to work with than others? I don't mean personality-wise, I'm referring to physical ability or previous experience.

Thanx, and keep up the great work. Teyla's action scenes have been superb!
                  I try very hard to use the strengths of each cast member. Some are suited to a certain movement style, some are not. Knowing who does what is and important part of my job. So...........to answer your question, yes, in the begining. It takes a bit of getting to know a cast member, to know what they are capable of.

Comment

Will Dr. Zelenka have some fighting scene? I guess not )

But did you have some work with David Nykl?

Thank you for answer.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                      Will Dr. Zelenka have some fighting scene? I guess not )

But did you have some work with David Nykl?

Thank you for answer.
                      I have worked with Mr. Nykl, and no, his character is not involved in fights as a rule. You will see him in a little action in Season 2. He listens very well and is very cooperative.

Comment

HI BamBam,

I have not read all the posts in this thread so sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you have a weapon that you personally enjoy working with the most?

I personally enjoy mid-range staff.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hullo! Thankyou for answering my last question.

We've already heard about Ben Browder's swordfight and Ford's band of merry men who run and blow s@#$ up, so my question to you is thus;

*cough* we'd really appreciate it if you'd tell us if Ronan Dex has a sword or not *cough*

Gee, I'm really sorry about that, I've got a bit of a cough and a sore throat. Anyway, my question is thus;

Can you drop us any hints and spoilers about the really big and/or fantastic and/or awe inspiring action scenes or stunts that you've...is 'coordinated' the right word? Yeah, coordinated for Season 2 of Atlantis? Besides the BB scene in the first episode, of course.

Thanks again for your time.

Yours in jubilation,
                          The White Knight

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            HI BamBam,

I have not read all the posts in this thread so sorry if this has been asked before.

Do you have a weapon that you personally enjoy working with the most?

I personally enjoy mid-range staff.
                            I, personally enjoy all sorts of bladed weapons. Sword, all sizes, knives........anything that cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                              Hullo! Thankyou for answering my last question.

We've already heard about Ben Browder's swordfight and Ford's band of merry men who run and blow s@#$ up, so my question to you is thus;

*cough* we'd really appreciate it if you'd tell us if Ronan Dex has a sword or not *cough*

Gee, I'm really sorry about that, I've got a bit of a cough and a sore throat. Anyway, my question is thus;

Can you drop us any hints and spoilers about the really big and/or fantastic and/or awe inspiring action scenes or stunts that you've...is 'coordinated' the right word? Yeah, coordinated for Season 2 of Atlantis? Besides the BB scene in the first episode, of course.

Thanks again for your time.

Yours in jubilation,
                              The White Knight
                              BB isn't Atlantis, if you are meaning Ben, but sadly, I cannot give you any details about the upcoming season's action. All that I can say is that, there is alot of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                                Thanx Knock!!
                                No problem!

BTW, since someone mentioned swords...I take it you have a little collection then, yes?

Have you ever had to design a weapon for use in a scene? I've always thought the Bat'leh from Star Trek was a pretty cool weapon...I was wondering if people like yourself who choreograph fight scenes have any say in the design of such things...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X