This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    Geese, that's the fattest Superman I've ever seen! I am told great and fun thing about your country from Rachel and Paul so of course I would love to visit.....once again though, they have to call and book me....whoever "They" are at the conventions in Ireland. Top O' the mornin' to ya!!
    Top O' the mornin to ya laddy!!
    Tá na hÉan ag canadh agus tá an ghrian ag taitneamh!!!

I'm surprised he can still fly..or that must be some string holdin the guy up!!..

Ireland is the place to be!!!!!
    I met Paul when he did a signing over here(one of THE funniest guys I have ever met..had me in stitches)..there arent really any conventions over in Ireland..its more like we have to commute to the U.K. but!!!I'm emailing the place where Paul did his signing and making a plea!!!!!!!!

i still cant believe i have to wait another month until i get to see all these wonderful fight scenes and stunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *wow ..not 1 smiley...*

Comment

Just gotta add my voice to the chorus of opinions saying huuuuge well done to everyone on Common Ground. What a fantastic episode! Loved the action and the fight scenes (as I've mentioned before, I love getting to see Sheppard do some actual close-in fighting) so kudos to ya there BamBam... oh and Joe just absolutely ROCKED this episode! It was sooo tense and powerful and he just sold every single scene. Hope you'll pass on to him how thrilled and impressed we fans are!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
        Just popping in to say "Hi" and how awesome CG was! All those smily spoilers were only the tip of the iceburg - it was fantastic! Loved every minute of it. Guh. Fantastic action sequences, BamBam. *applauds*
        I am happy that you are happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukas
          Hi 2BAM,

I have enjoyed the action scenes on Atlantis ever since the first episode. You guys are doing a really great job there.

There is a question I would like to ask though I'm aware that it does not concern you or any fight stuff directly so I apologize if this is the wrong place to put it. While watching Common Ground I realized that one of the soldiers on the Atlantis team is supposed to be German as he wears the flag on his shoulder. Now, thing is though that at least on three occasions the flag was upside down!

Being German myself I guess it goes without saying that I was not exactly happy to see it so I wanted to ask you if there is any way you could let the people responsible know about this and ask them to pay more attention to little details like that. After all the Atlantis crew is supposed to represent actual countries. They did a very good job with this in the past.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
          Lukas
          Wow...............good eye there pal. I will pass it on as obviously that was overlooked. It is one person's job to watch for that on set and I supposed they just didn't know which way was up possibly. Who knows. I will pass it on though.

Comment

BamBam, just popping in to say thanks for connecting with the fans online the way you do. I was one of the folks who got to ask you questions during a live chat while you were in Sydney, Australia in July for the BOBW con. I was very impressed that you, Dan and Cliff, among others, took time out during the con to chat with your fans. (Even if I DID have to stay up until about 3am to take part...LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Hi BamBam
              Common Ground was a fabulous episode...
              I enjoyed all the stunt work even the one of an aged Sheppard taking on two guards Some people seem to find that one a bit hard to take... what are your thoughts? Is it possible for a person in that weakened state to be able to do what Shep did:?

Loved the harpoon also, by the way...
              When I read the script the first time, that was my initial reaction as well. After asking TPTB what I was to make of this, we decided to make him able to have enough training, that with a burst of energy(fighting for your life remember), he could accomplish this feat seemingly super-human. Most of the target areas he used on the bad guys were very vital areas that don't take alot of strength to injure...ie....the wind pipe.

Comment

I watched the stunts extras (ummm very familiar face!) on the season 2 DVD's again today ( in between watching Common Ground too many times to mention ) and just thought I would say that it was really interesting and always looks such fun...but boy do you work hard!!! I hope that there is something similar for season 3 as this season's action has been so excellent!!

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                  Oh! my! Gosh!
                  I just discovered the Writh is Common Ground was Christopher Heyerdahl! (sorry if I'm a bit slow) Awesome!
                  I was watching Haling in season 1 & he was so kind and gentle it's hard to put 2 & 2 together, very effective, & this is the first Wraith I started liking before I knew who the actor was who was playing him, he's very deep & more than just running at people
                  Tell Mr Heyerdahl that he already has a fan base for his wraith characters, we're very impressed.

My question is, How was Christopher introduced to becoming a wraith (how did he get the role & how's he with doing stunts)?
                  That's more than "a" question. Chris is a remarkable actor number one. Number two, he is a favorite of MGM and casting at MGM. I have worked with him on other such series as Jeremiah, and Outer Limits. Action wise, not alot was required of him for this role, but what he did perform he really sank his teeth into. Chris is a real keener for action, and willing to try anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Just popping in to say how much I loved Common Ground. Your little hints made me look forward to the episode even more than I was already, and I was not disappointed when I watched it. Please tell everyone, especially Joe and Chris, how fantastic I thought they were!!!! I particularly enjoyed the opening teaser. How on Earth did you manage to film the harpoon bit? It looked really difficult to do...and pretty painful!
                    I just texted Joe to say how much you all loved him in the episode.....his response was, "Sweeeet! Thanks!" The harpoon gag was a painful one for sure, but that is what the stunt guys are paid for. Very talented double I had that day.....................

Comment

That's more than "a" question. Chris is a remarkable actor number one. Number two, he is a favorite of MGM and casting at MGM. I have worked with him on other such series as Jeremiah, and Outer Limits. Action wise, not alot was required of him for this role, but what he did perform he really sank his teeth into. Chris is a real keener for action, and willing to try anything.
                      Thanks so much for that
                      "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                      "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                      Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I just texted Joe to say how much you all loved him in the episode.....his response was, "Sweeeet! Thanks!" The harpoon gag was a painful one for sure, but that is what the stunt guys are paid for. Very talented double I had that day.....................

That is so cool!!!! Glad that Joe knows how much we loved him in CG!!!!! ( & all the time )

Yep that stunt looked very painful indeed- good job!

Comment

Im glad he knows how much we love him!!!

And ofcourse we love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                            BamBam, just popping in to say thanks for connecting with the fans online the way you do. I was one of the folks who got to ask you questions during a live chat while you were in Sydney, Australia in July for the BOBW con. I was very impressed that you, Dan and Cliff, among others, took time out during the con to chat with your fans. (Even if I DID have to stay up until about 3am to take part...LOL)
                            It was my pleasure, and alot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                              I watched the stunts extras (ummm very familiar face!) on the season 2 DVD's again today ( in between watching Common Ground too many times to mention ) and just thought I would say that it was really interesting and always looks such fun...but boy do you work hard!!! I hope that there is something similar for season 3 as this season's action has been so excellent!!
                              Thanx for checking that out.....as I have said before, Ivon Bartok did a fantastic job on the special features Season 2. I will pass on your kudos to him as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelma32
                                Im glad he knows how much we love him!!!

And ofcourse we love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Thanx..................

Comment

Working...
                                X