X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa become Goa'uld hosts

Can a Jaffa become a host?....

I seem to remember an episode or two where it was stated either by Bra-tac or Teal'c that only a very few Jaffa soldiers are ever turned into Goa'ulds. But that it was possible.....

Any help on this one would be appreciated.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I don't think they can. The Jaffa have been modified to be able to carry laval Goa'uld, so I'm guessing they also modified them so they couldn't become hosts.

Imagine a system lord discovering their first prime had become a host of a lesser Goa'uld who was spying on him for an enemy.

There was an episode (The Warrior) where a Goa'uld had been masquerading as a Jaffa leader - maybe this is the one you're thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
      I don't think they can. The Jaffa have been modified to be able to carry laval goa'uld, so I'm guessing they also modified them so they couldn't become hosts.

Imagine a system lord discovering their first prime had become a host of a lesser Goa'uld who was spying on him for an enemy.
      This is a friendly arguement I have had with a few fellow SG brethern. A couple of them also remember the episode where they think it was Bra'tac saying that his symbiote was just about mature enough to leave his body, and that he (meaning Bra'tac) remembered that a very Jaffas were made Goa'ulds as a reward for there loyal service to there system Lord master.

I think it might be possible, but no system Lords want to turn any of there Jaffas into Goa'ulds because they might seek revenge on them or they will have way to much inside knowledge of how to bring them down.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I can't remember the title but in the episode where Daniel is suposed to blow up the ship where all the system lords are meeting lord Yu's first prime tells Daniel it is his dream that lord yu will reward his loyalty by making him a host and he regarded it as the highest honour he could be given.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
          I can't remember the title but in the episode where Daniel is suposed to blow up the ship where all the system lords are meeting lord Yu's first prime tells Daniel it is his dream that lord yu will reward his loyalty by making him a host and he regarded it as the highest honour he could be given.
          the episode was "Summit". Danny boy was supposed to kill the system lords with the virus... but he was pretending to be human slave not a jaffa. so was the other guy -- can't remember to whom he belong... -- but it wasn't Yu's first prime, just another human slave.

Comment

It wasn't Lord Yu's first prime, it was Ba'al servant who was human not Jaffa.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Very good Jafacakes, I remember that well now!....Bra'Tac also talked about how some Jaffa's did become hosts in an episode from an early season....So I was right they can become hosts.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                remembered that a very Jaffas were made Goa'ulds as a reward for there loyal service to there system Lord master.
                I believe those are Lo'taurs. (The Summit/The Last Stand) Lo'taurs are personal human slaves to the System Lords. Each System Lord has one Lo'taur. I believe that the System Lord "rewards" his or her Lo'taur by implanting a goa'uld symbiote in the Lo'taur.

Ick.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                  It wasn't Lord Yu's first prime, it was Ba'al servant who was human not Jaffa.
                  Ba'al servant. that's it! (slaps forehead). For some dumb reason that's been bugging the crap out of me.... started to do a search lucky i checked here first

Comment

Don't forget that in 1969, Teal'c states that if he stays in the past he will eventually be taken over by his symbiote.

Comment

IN 1969 teal'c says that if he is stuck in the past his symbiote would mature and take him as a host.

Comment

Originally posted by Downslide
                        Don't forget that in 1969, Teal'c states that if he stays in the past he will eventually be taken over by his symbiote.

TY downslide, another example of what I thought to be true!...you guys are making me look good among my group fellow SG fan friends

I think a reason why the symbiote does'nt turn its host into a Goa'uld is that the Jaffa host is to old by the time it matures and would rather choose a younger body (if it has a choice?)
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                          the episode was "Summit". Danny boy was supposed to kill the system lords with the virus... but he was pretending to be human slave not a jaffa. so was the other guy -- can't remember to whom he belong... -- but it wasn't Yu's first prime, just another human slave.
                          Duh I knew I shouldn't trust my old brains!

Comment

as serge said, that episode was called "the summit" and the guy was not a jaffa. He was a human slave, just as daniel was impersonating Yu's human slave.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Downslide View Post
                              As with other things in Stargate, there are discrepancies. In the episode "The First Ones" (I think) when they are trying to determine who the Goa'uld is, Teal'c is the only one who says that for sure it can't be him because he is a Jaffa and can't have been taken over by one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X