Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come they always dial the right gate on the Earth???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't the PSUCrystal for the DHD in Antarctica run out?

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      Simple. The second gate didn't exist until it was found.
      Forgive me as i just woke up and i'm not thinking straight yet but...

How can the second gate not exist if it was there all along? heh

It's like saying, well, we just found a new gate, but 5 minutes ago it didnt exist yet. heh
      Teal'c: A serpent guard, a horus guard and a setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The horus guards beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Comment

???
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

its one of those things that is missed.

my view is while our computer is connected it acts as the primary gate cause it acts like a dhd but then that doesnt account for antartica because sam did try to dial out and it did work but obviously the POO was same place

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
            Simple. The second gate didn't exist until it was found.
            So did exist

Comment

So another question.. Why did in the Solitude the SGC gate shaked, when usually it does not, because they have installed the anti-vibration device. Isnt it odd?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Well because usually it does not.

Comment

The SGC didn't shake because of the dialling sequence, it was because of an Earthquake caused when the gate on Antarctica was opened again

Comment

I think the Giza Stargate could the dominat one, no matter if it's connected to the DHD or the SGC dialing computer. I don't know if I got this right, but when Sam tried to dial out with the antarctica DHD, the gate couldn't establish a wormhole to earth because they were already on earth, and not because the DHD was broken (at least I think so). All this doesn't make sense, if the Russians were able to salvage the Giza gate from the ocean after what happend in Small Victories... If they connected it to the Giza DHD they would've had the dominant Gate for like a moth or whatever they said in Watergate. So maybe it's the SGC dialing computer which makes the gate dominat. I'm still confused...

Comment

Good point. Lets say this: The Russians did make about 7 missions and all crew always came thruogh the right gate. Both SGC teams and russian teams. so ...??

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        Well because usually it does not.
                        You think you could stop this spamming? There is an edit button for a reason, if you feel like adding to your comment. And posts like "???" and "...." don't serve much purpose.

[/unauthorisedmodding]

Comment

My two cents.

The DHD in Antarctica was obviously a beta version. The power doesn't run out on the new ones. The ancients probably made it so that any other dialing computer of any kind would instantly override it. This probably includes the SGC Dialing Computer, since it does supply power and coordinates to the gate.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the Idea is that the DHD, any NORMAL DHD, naturaly overrides the SGC's dialing computer for safety reasons. Remember, Its mentioned that the dialing computer lacks alot of safety features that the DHD posses's, so the DHD kinda like turns on the electricity to get the wormhole to use the gate its attached to because its safer. It is mention ALOT that if a stargate, any stargate, is hooked up to a dhd, then it will override the SGC's gate (that was the reason we where so cooperative with the russians, if we pissed them off, they would simply hook up their gate to the DHD and the sgc would be useless) Daniel himself said in 48 hours that if they could buy the DHD from the russians it would "prevent them from ever holding their stargate/dhd over us".

And for those idiots (no offence indended) who didn't get the joke Turning on the elecricity refers to one of the ways that fishermen get WORMs to come to surface so they can capture them and use as bait.
                            I design ships for one reason: To make everyone in the universe to run in fear at the very mention of its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              You think you could stop this spamming? There is an edit button for a reason, if you feel like adding to your comment. And posts like "???" and "...." don't serve much purpose.

[/unauthorisedmodding]
                              But how else is he gonna get a high post count?

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                                But how else is he gonna get a high post count?
                                Touché

Comment

Working...
                                X