This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Maybe I should get one of those cryo thingies then for after my English tests?
    It might be better to get a reprogrammed knowledge repository BEFORE the test.

Good luck, BTW.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reaper1864

Which might explain humans. What if the ancients in a desperate attempt to find away to stop the Wraith created a less advance version of themselves that they could place in their defenses as cannon fodder to give them time to recharge.

I have always thought the exact same thing. What if the ancients could not only Ascend but also descend to a more primative state to avoid the plague? Sort of like dedescend and over the millions of years we Humans are starting to evolve back to the level that the ancients were at their peak. Then again that would contradict what Daniel said in Full Circle or maybe they just didn't want to talk about it?

Comment

I was thinking about the plague that swept accross the galaxy how come it never affected the asgaard.
        Also, since we know the asgaard where around when the ancients were wiped out and they were in an alliance how come they never attacked the wraith(maybe they did) with there weapons which are all energy based and in the fifth race they said the ancients left their region of space,they never said they were wiped out.
        Maybe theyve got something to hide and didnt want to tell us they watched there allies die and never went to war with the wraith.

What do u think?

Comment

The Asgard are genetically distinct from the Ancients. Myxomatosis wipes out rabbits but doesn't affect people; nothing sinister in that.

And the Ancients did move on from this region of space. They Ascended, although possibly the PTB will decide that Thor was referring to a migration to the Pegasus galaxy. If they felt they wanted to be alone with their problems, there isn't much the Asgard could have done; not if the Ancients were older and more powerful than they. It's even possible that the Ancients shielded the Asgard from the Wraith in the same way the Asgard tried to shield Earth from the Replicators.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Maybe they migrated to take the plague with them? SG1 seemed to be affected with whatever Aiyanna (the lady from Frozen) was carrying (= that presumbaly was the plague). So perhaps they seeded Earth with a decesnded copy of themselves, then high-tailed it out of here to make sure that the plague didn't start again?
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Check out my posts in the thead

GateWorld Forum > The Gate Room > Atlantis - Season One
              The History/Timeline of the Ancients ***BIG SPOILER ALERT (Mostly Rising)*******
              #54 is all of my current time line thinking lol
              I'm not here man
              Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by reaper1864
                I'm a long-time fan of Stargate Sg1, but this is my first post. I was just rewatching Lost City pt2 and a thought came to me. I thought the yellow energy released against Anubis looked alot like cells, and with some much of the ancients technology requiring a biologic component what if the weapon O'Neill used was an extention of the enhanced immune system the ancients possessed? In other words what if the Ancients figured out to use their white blood cells as a weapon. Then they place themselves inside whatever it is that Jack is in until their immune system is back to full strength.

This would also mean that if the Ancients were hit with a virus that took up most of their immune systems time it would leave them vulnerable to a military attack. It would also mean that anyone attacking the ancients would not need to be equal to their level of technology they would only need the advantage of numbers and a willingness to suffer heavy causalties. Which would mean if the Wraith from Atlantis did dilerberatly infect the ancients with the plague that forced them to either ascend or die why they have not conquered this galaxy. As the Asguard have learned in battling the replicators technology is not always the answer.
                Ancient Tech isn't biologically-based. It's mentally controlled, with a gene scanner to limit its users, but it's crystal/naquadah based. The only thing we've seen Ancients do that drained them was heal others, which isn't even technological. Jack was using his mind to control energized drones to destroy Anubis's fleet, but that wasn't why he was so weak or needed to be frozen. He was weak because the repository was killing him.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Why would you want to fire off your white blood cells? That seems counter-productive. You beat the enemy, but then you're stuck fending off disease? Very unlikely. The cells that were attacking Anubis's ship were probably those squid...drone weapons...thingies...

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    Why would you want to fire off your white blood cells? That seems counter-productive. You beat the enemy, but then you're stuck fending off disease? Very unlikely. The cells that were attacking Anubis's ship were probably those squid...drone weapons...thingies...
                    Glowy jellyfish of doom.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      Glowy jellyfish of doom.
                      I think it was already decided that it looks more like a squid than a jelly fish.

Def more like a squid (the one on the right.)

Comment

I think it was already decided that it looks more like a squid than a jelly fish.

Def more like a squid (the one on the right.)
                        Shiny Squid of Destruction?
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                          Shiny Squid of Destruction?
                          Although tacky, I can deal with it.

Better than "Gateship" or whatever Mckay called it.

Comment

They may look like squids in S8/Atlantis, but in S7, if you watch the scene in Half Speed, they look like jellyfish!
                            sigpic

Comment

Although tacky, I can deal with it.

Better than "Gateship" or whatever Mckay called it.

That was the name McKay gave the puddlejumper.....not the guardian probes/glowy/ing jellyfish of DOOM(!!!!!!)!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                                That was the name McKay gave the puddlejumper.....not the guardian probes/glowy/ing jellyfish of DOOM(!!!!!!)!
                                I think his point is I'm still allowed to name things.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X