This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long do ancients live?

i read somewere that they like about 500 years or more but does anyone know how old they get for real?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Originally posted by True!Ancient
    i read somewere that they like about 500 years or more but does anyone know how old they get for real?
    as far as i can remember, it was never mentioned in thw show. as an ascended being they can obviously live forever as they no longer have bodies etc. but as mortals, i have no idea!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
      I don't think it has ever actually been said... However, considering that they had the technology to animate non-living tissue... I'd guess they could live for a very long time if they chose. The Goa'uld Sarcophagus was based on Ancient technology, and the Ancients themselves had considerable healing powers. It is possible that the Ancients could live for a very long time, and in prime condition.

I really wish people would stop mentioning ascension everytime the Ancients are spoken of. Not every Ancient ascended... just some of them. Most died like normal human beings... (whatever that means...) Anyways, yes an Ascended being is essentially Immortal; there is no body to age and die, so...

So... We know Ancients had healing powers (a mental/biological ability), had incredibly powerful healing devices (sometimes a little too powerful... zombies), had machines capable of manipulating DNA in real-time, and God only knows what else. They were far more advanced than the Asgard, so it is concievable that they could clone new bodies for themselves many times in the same way as the Asgard. Perhaps they could live for many thousands of years, until they finally tired of our plane of existence... and then simply ascended (sort of out of boredom... ) after they felt they had done all that was worth doing in a physical existence and were ready for something new.

But... in the end... until someone says so... we just don't know.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Longer than us is fair to say, but how much and did their culture allow the use of technology to prolong life are questions we need answers to.
        Spoiler:
        I imagine we may found out more about that next season when we meet one or more actual ancients, or atleast learn a lot more about them...check season 9 spoilers for more information
        sigpic

Comment

well there will be episode about the ancients past i believe so it might be said in that time. BUt if you remeber the ancients built that device that helps heal you injuries (Evolution season 7) and that was extremely powefull so i would imagine there quite long.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

It would be pretty neat if one of the SG teams ran into a still living non ascended ancient. Then they could just ask these things. (not counting frozen girl, she died too quick!)

Comment

they must live millions of years becouse look at the start of SGA were it shows you atlantis leaving earth.it shows you the woman from frozen talkin to that guy and that was millions of years ago and they found her in antarctica millions of years later and she was still alive so how old does that make her?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

They haven't said anything about the Ancients' lifespan on the show. Basically any answer anyone comes up with will be speculation, at least until they tell us on the show. It is pretty odd that they haven't covered this on the show, since they made sure to let us know the lifespan of the Goa'uld and such...
                Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Ofcourse the Goa'uld have been central characters since the beginning of stargate. The Ancients were background characters for so long and have more recently come to the front, but they are still very mysterious to us.
                  sigpic

Comment

But they ARE rather central characters for the Atlantis series... You'd think we'd be finding out on SG: Atlantis how long their lives are pretty soon. Although it HAS only been one season so far.
                    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Working...
                    X