Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Martin Gero" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    I'll help Martin out and take a stab at answering this Q. (Please don't take the following as actor/character bashing in any form!!)

If I remember correctly, being billed last in the credits, especially with an "and", actually means you rank pretty high up in importance. I think the order goes:

Originally posted by aaobuttons
    That's correct. "AND" in Hollywood is a distinction of respect and importance in the titles. It's often used for a non-lead who has the draw of a lead. Samuel L Jackson is a prime example of this. In alot of movies he's in, he will have only 1-2 scenes, but because he is a big star and will draw a crowd just for him then he is often listed last with "And".

Right, thanks for the info. Some one said something about second billing and I went to try and find info on the net, which wasn't too useful, but didn't really seem posative.

But yeah, I can see that. What I don't get is why they have to put in the 'and' at all. Plenty of us wont know the difference between that an some other term that sounds similar but actually means that, actually, they're not as important or something. Which is pretty much how I read it on an instictive level, like it's an afterthought.

Which aparently it's not.

So, thanks guys.
    "The Earth isn't my home...I am a Time Lord, I walk in eternity" - The Doctor (4th)

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by immhotep
      hello, welcome to the forum, glad you have taken time out to answer some questions for those fan who are dying to have them answered( me!)
      my question to you are as follows:

1) are any guest stars or old characters from sg-1 going to show up in S2 of atlantis, for example the furlings, or perhaps the grace aliens?

2) are there goign to be any new ships introduced during S2, aurora i believe is said to be centred around this topic, any way you could tell us the size, small(fighter) medium ( transport) or large ( mothership/warship )?

3)will the wraith develop more of a backstory or history that expands beyond culling and destoying?

4) in the defiant one the wraith used some kind of shield technology, is it ancient ( a feature of the PJ) or wraith, if its wraith will our weapons be suppior ( siege part 3)?

5) will the planet atlantis resides on have any secrets of its own, sea creatures, acid water, paracidical sea snakes!?

6) will at any point the mythology behind the legend of atlantis be investigated, and in particular relating to the question above, will the leviathon be introduced as a pest or new foe, perhaps a security measure th ancient put in place when they sank the city?

7) will the ZPM, if we get one ( im praying here, can u clear that up), enable us to send the database knowledge to earth, ascension research would help, given our new 'situation'?

8) will the ZPM enable the team to utilitse new feature of the ancient city be utilised for short peroid or us to see what the city is really capable of, a cloak for example or maybe an engine to let it move or float closer/ on to the mainland for extra protection?

9) if an asgard team member/ representative is stationed at atlantis will he be under wiers comand, and will he be a normal scientist and have to answer/correct macay on a day to day basis?

i understand some of these may have been asked before, but please answer in as much detail as your allowed! thank you.

1. You’ll have to wait and see…(no Furlings…sorry)

2. Yes, the Aurora is a big Ancient ship (medium, I guess)

3. Yes! A big part of this season is learning more about the Wraith and there back story.

4. The Wraith have some pretty advanced tech. But remember, the Ancients won because the Wraith over powered and out numbered them…Ancients still have the better gear...we just have to figure out how to use it.

5. You’ll have to wait and see…but probably, it’s a pretty big planet.

6. See above.

7. If we were to get one, sending the Database would be very difficult because of it’s massive size.

8. If we get one…we’ll be able to take advantage of some new features, yes.

9. There will not be an Asgard stationed on Atlantis.

for 1,4,5,6 ill read between the lines! PJ has shield im pretty sure of it now
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Ha. Martin neatly sidestepped the question of why everyone knows me and Shipmum. Although in Shipmum's case, I'm guessing it's because she's a mod. And a shipper.

For me, it's probably just because I'm so LOUD.

Glad to see he came back after all. Now if only I could remember the questions I wanted to ask...

ETA: Oooo, I like Martin's "asked and answered" idea. Maybe when people see how often he's doing it they'll actually pay more attention to what they're asking. ... OK, you're right. No way anyone will think to do that. Still, I like it. See how repetitive you people are?? Sheesh.

Comment

I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the way Martin is handling his Q&A thread.

He's answering questions as honestly as he can, even some of the difficult ones about Ford. Giving teases here and there without giving away the farm. And he's funny - LOL! at the super-secret Marine division that wears red berets.

The idea about "Asked and Answered" is great. That way posters realize he's not ignoring them (and thus keep posting the questions) but that they should have bothered to look back and see that the question had already been asked. Yay Martin!
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

*sigh* I love Martin. That whole snarky bit about the berets was brilliant, and then answering the French fan in French! LOVE it!

Joe better come back and start answering Q's again or he's gonna be ousted from his throne by the "new hotness".

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
              I've answered most of those but:

2. Sheppard and Teyla have a very special friendship…will it blossom into more…you’ll have to wait and see. Be sure to watch episode 8: “Conversion”.
              This makes me wonder will/would (delete as appropriate) any ship be hinted at or be shown more directly.

Comment

If there is any heavily implied ship on Atlantis I will vomit into an envelope and send it to TPTB. Bad enough they destroyed SG-1 with that BS, they don't need to ruin Atlantis, too.

Comment

Okay…seriously…enough about the shirts.
                  Hehe.
                  Poor Martin.

Comment

At least he isn't afraid to say things like that... Not that it will do any good.

Poor Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      If there is any heavily implied ship on Atlantis I will vomit into an envelope and send it to TPTB. Bad enough they destroyed SG-1 with that BS, they don't need to ruin Atlantis, too.
                      remind me never to ask you to mail me anthing

and I LOVED the comment about the shirts.... too funny how obsessed people seem to be about the clothes
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

He answered Joe's question. Pretty funny. (the talking toys....)
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

At least he isn't afraid to say things like that... Not that it will do any good.
                          Poor Martin.
                          Yes, I wonder how many more different variations on shirts questions people will come up with... people are quite ingenious when it comes to matters like this.

And saying this to me doesn't really help him any either.
                          Okay…you don’t get to ask more questions for a while…
                          I already have 8 more questions... if I have to wait before posting any the list will just grow and grow.
                          And exactly how long is 'a while' anyway?

Comment

The comment about the shirts, he answered en Français, and his reply to Joe was hilarious! That just earned so many points with me (not that it really matters, but it's been a long day and that made me smile).
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Lol.
                              I think any kind of ship, hinted or direct could potentially be very devisive for the fans (refer to SG-1 Jack/Sam "will they/won't they" saga ). I think shows can be excellent without ship, I find watching strong, passionate friendships far more interesting and engaging than any amount of ship.

Comment

I love Martin. His answer to Joe just seals it.

I need to think up more questions to continue my new hero worship...

Comment

Working...
                                X