*replicator skittering loudens*

"Oh my GOD!"

CUT TO:

GIZA EGYPT - 2010

*Several men and a large crowd of Egyptians stand at the brink of a river.*

"What do you think?"

*It's Daniel. He looks around - confused.*

"This is amazing ... yes sir..."

PULL BACK to reveal ... The nile river -- now an ocean. At the center - a StarGate.

"what is it?"

"It's ... the StarGate."

*As Heavy African Drums pound --*

Alien feet --

-- Water pouring from within the StarGate --

-- weeds crawling up some sort of military facility --

An angry Daniel altercating Maybourne --

"You do NOT have the power to decide who lives or dies, they do! They always did!!"

-- Jack. He's looking different -- he's younger -- he's considering us -- his hair is wet, his eyes glassy. He waves his hand and we're --

SMASH CUT --

AUSTRALIA -- 2030

*A dirt bike zooms across the desert.*

*Carter steps out - she's in leather - biker girl.*

"Why did you call me here?"

*She's talking to -- Maybourne. He looks worried --*

"Colonel - we have a situation."

CUT TO: BLACK

As as water drips queerly controlled over the screen, it formes itself into the title:

Atalantia...
    coming soon....

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA

AUSTRALIA -- 2030

*A dirt bike zooms across the desert.*

*Carter steps out - she's in leather - biker girl.*

"Why did you call me here?"

*She's talking to -- Maybourne. He looks worried --*

"Colonel - we have a situation."

CUT TO: BLACK

As as water drips queerly controlled over the screen, it formes itself into the title:

Atalantia...
      coming soon....

Woohoo, Carter in Leathers and in Australia... I like it!

Comment

It'd be interesting to see a spin-off in space, like a space station (which is what I find so appealing about Stargate Horizon)!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

whats stargate horizon?
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Its a fan written and produced vertual series, check this link out and download the pilot, see what you think:

http://www.stargatehorizon.com/
            sigpic

Comment

Seems to me that Stargate is morphing into Star Trek and/or Babylon 5 in that fan fic. For fanfic, that's pretty good.

For a spin off? I don't think so. The bottom line is that Stargate has managed ONE spin off from a pretty rigid formula. A second spin off would be REALLY tough, and would deviate from the formula of Stargate to such a degree that it might be better to just start another type of show altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                Seems to me that Stargate is morphing into Star Trek and/or Babylon 5 in that fan fic. For fanfic, that's pretty good.

For a spin off? I don't think so. The bottom line is that Stargate has managed ONE spin off from a pretty rigid formula. A second spin off would be REALLY tough, and would deviate from the formula of Stargate to such a degree that it might be better to just start another type of show altogether.
                Nah the prinicple behind the thing has already been used and presented slightly in SG1. The gate on 'pophis's ship. Id like the idea of a ship being used, I mean we've now got ships to travel to planets without gates and then if ya include a gate on the ship they can get to planets with gates on if need be!
                sigpic

Comment

Which is why I pitched "STARGATE: The Ancients". What else could keep with the same rigid formula than a series that does basically the same thing, but in a different time?

The first half of the series (years 1-5) would have the Ancients traveling by spacecraft exploring worlds to determine wether or not the planet was a viable option for a Stargate and if so installing it. Along with a few other off-mission episodes dealing with their lives, assorted enemies/challenges, and revealing technology backstory. Of course it would culminate with the departure of Atlantis for the Pegasus galaxy.

The second half (years 6-11) would be split into two 3 year parts. Years 6-8 would deal with the exploration & population of the galaxy culminating with a scene revealing the human/insect DNA whatever that eventually leads to the wraith. Years 9-11 would be a jump forward by 100 years or so and cover the war with the Wraith leading up, of course, to the evacuation of Atlantis.

The total story arc of course being provided by J. Michael whatsHisName from Babylon 5.

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                  The bottom line is that Stargate has managed ONE spin off from a pretty rigid formula. A second spin off would be REALLY tough, and would deviate from the formula of Stargate to such a degree that it might be better to just start another type of show altogether.
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a spin off show that dealt with the future Earth, as related to the Stargate universe. Just to see how the whole thing might evolve. Would Earth end up like StarTrek, or Bab5? Maybe, or not. I'd like to see how Earths relationship with the Jaffa, and other worlds end up evolving. I suppose that might sound like Enterprise, but in this case it wouldn't be a prequal. It would be fresh, because you don't already know where the show is headed (futurwise like in ST:E).

I wouldn't be particular about the method of how the show was pitched, just certain criteria, as mentioned above. Essentially, I'd want the Stargate universe to EVOLVE. Not leave it stagnate, as many seem to want it to do. They whine about, lets it just stay about exploring, or don't make a 'federation' or something like that. However, things just don't stay the same forever... that is how the world works; things change.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Stargate: The Four Races Or something to that effect. I would like it to be called The alliance, but to avoid confusion with the game...

This will be a prequal (Yes I said the p word, get ST:E out of your heads) that follows the trials a tribulations of the four races. We will find out why they banded together, possibly to defete a common enemy or maybe they have to defete the enemy after they already allied with eachother. We'd get to see Asgaurd in their natural form. The Ancients pre-pegasus, pre-assencion. The Nox pre-isolationist, possibly pre-pacsifist. And The Furlings period. Helipopolus would be the SGC like setting for the show and the main characters could maybe be a team of four, one from each race who go through the gate, or maybe are just representives for their respective race and some epeisodes they would only have one of the charaters in his or her world with a team of his or her own race, some episodes they meet for a summit, and some where they have to fight with the baddie. Eventually at the end of the show we find out how the alliance disbanded. Possibly leading to The Ancients leaving for Pegasus.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                        Stargate: The Four Races Or something to that effect. I would like it to be called The alliance, but to avoid confusion with the game...

This will be a prequal (Yes I said the p word, get ST:E out of your heads) that follows the trials a tribulations of the four races. We will find out why they banded together, possibly to defete a common enemy or maybe they have to defete the enemy after they already allied with eachother. We'd get to see Asgaurd in their natural form. The Ancients pre-pegasus, pre-assencion. The Nox pre-isolationist, possibly pre-pacsifist. And The Furlings period. Helipopolus would be the SGC like setting for the show and the main characters could maybe be a team of four, one from each race who go through the gate, or maybe are just representives for their respective race and some epeisodes they would only have one of the charaters in his or her world with a team of his or her own race, some episodes they meet for a summit, and some where they have to fight with the baddie. Eventually at the end of the show we find out how the alliance disbanded. Possibly leading to The Ancients leaving for Pegasus.
                        To be honst I don't think we've got into our future enough to go back in time. I'd like to see our development with all the new cool toys we've found!
                        sigpic

Comment

Again, Stargate: The Ancients would cover it.

Originally posted by Major_Griff

"The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

how about a hitchhikers guide to our galaxyies type spinoff, a guide on a ship to all the thing in the history every galaxy weve encountered, the ancients, the stargates, the asgard, the allience, the plague, atlantis, asencion, technology,us.....all of it.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              how about a hitchhikers guide to our galaxyies type spinoff, a guide on a ship to all the thing in the history every galaxy weve encountered, the ancients, the stargates, the asgard, the allience, the plague, atlantis, asencion, technology,us.....all of it.
                              itd make an interesting clip show, maybe not a spin-off!
                              sigpic

Comment

it would give the writers a chance to crack open the black hole of stargate plots, and a series full of clips would be nice, not, a series on the backstory behind any clip, thats a series!
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X