This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 (Stargate Related)

Watching 24, I realized that there are a few Stargate-ish details in 24.

An obvious example is Jack O'Neill (Stargate) and Jack Bauer (24); however, it goes beyond that. On 24, there is a CTU official by the name of Brad Hammond. He is a high up official; a sort of "General", if you will, who is Jack's direct superior and has many dealings with Jack. Furthermore, Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmak) is in a season 2 episode, and he is playing a military General! Another example is that Stargate's President Hayes also plays the Secretary of Defense on 24. I'm sure that there are some more which are escaping me at the moment.

I wonder if "the powers that be" on 24 are Stargate fans? Or am I just a Gate-Head because I keep finding Stargate relations in other places ?

Originally posted by James Bond
    Or am I just a Gate-Head because I keep finding Stargate relations in other places ?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Or am I just a Gate-Head because I keep finding Stargate relations in other places ?
      Seeing faces in the clouds is pretty common.

Seeing Stargate in other shows.. that's definitely a serious case of Gate-Head.

I suppose that if it isn't impeding your ability to enjoy the other show too much, we won't have to give you ECT!
      Last edited by Darth Buddha; 11 April 2005, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Yep, you're a Gatehead. But aren't we all

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
        The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer
          Yep, you're a Gatehead. But aren't we all
          Indeed
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

well.... when I see people in other shows, I associate them with either Star Trek or Stargate so... yeah, if you're here, you're probably a gatehead of some kind or another.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Not a gatehead.

If I see an idea, an actor, or hear a name, I DO hearken back to the first time I ran across it, but as I've been a fan of science fiction for a long time, that usually goes back to the original Twilight Zone, to scifi short stories from way back, or even the Flash Gordon serials that used to be shown in movie theaters.

Stargate is entertaining, but it is VERY derivative.

Which raises a point.. if anyone around here knows of a forum that caters to old scif fans like me (the kind who can liken just about every plot to at least three other stories that have been told before).. PLEASE CLUE ME IN!

Comment

lol, James Bond, that's awesome
                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I wonder if "the powers that be" on 24 are Stargate fans? Or am I just a Gate-Head because I keep finding Stargate relations in other places ?
                  Haha! Probably a bit of both!

Comment

Cute thread will revisted later

Comment

Working...
                    X