Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just shocks me...how do people not believe in a god? God or a different god, or several gods? How else would life, let alone matter, have come into existence? Matter only existed a split second before the Big Bang. How did that get made? Then how did those particles come together in just the right formation to form a cell? By chance? I think not. And even if it did occur by chance, where would the energy for the cell to start moving come from?

It can't hurt to believe.

Comment

Who knows what the government's hiding from us...

Comment

I'm just going to say that I don't NOT believe it.
        But we'll find out for sure if we ever develop to a point that we can get off this rock.
        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
        [Cut to shot of the door]
        [Cut back to O'Neill]
        O'NEILL: Any time now.
        [Cut back to door]

Comment

I personally belive in a one God and don't believe anything like the stargate has ever happened. I think Stargate is an awesome fictional storyline.
          sigpic

Comment

Who created God, then? And when? And what was before that, it can't have been an eternal nothingness, can it? And will this world go on forever, or will it come to an end? Then what will happen?
            These are questions that really, REALLY bug me. It's the fact that I don't have answers and eternity kinda makes my mind feel strange. Maybe I don't wanna know..

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
            The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Well, basically what physicists need to do in order to "figure it all out" is to find some relation between the groups of (E&M, Strong/Weak Forces) and (Gravity). And then we'll have the whole shebang. Sound easy? Sure as heck ain't.

Until then, I'm not even going to speculate. But there is a saying that if you want to learn the truth about God, become an astrophysicist.

Comment

Working...
              X