Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secret of Antigravity - A human approach.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WurdBendur
    If you butter the whole thing (including edges), another paradox will result, causing the bread to hover in mid air and spin wildly while the laws of physics try to figure out which side should hit first. As soon as the bread is stabilized, it will fall and bounce. So, stick an axle through it, and hang it off the bottom of that Boeing, and you get instant levitation. Momentarily stopping the rotation will then cause it to descent until you begin spinning it again.

LMAO we are such geeks!

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

Though perhaps if the law only dictates that bread must land butter-side down, it would land on one of its buttered sides (perhaps the most heavily coated?) and the law would be satisfied, having done exactly what it was intended to do. Methinks the cat would still be necessary.

Comment

You're all idiots. Everyone knows that the secret of anti-gravity is falling to the ground and missing. It's common knowledge.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
        The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          To create any effective anti-grav tech we'll need to figure out for sure what gravity is
          Its theorised that gravity is caused by something called gravitons, they havent been proved yet. But if they are and we find a way to repel them then we can make antigravity devices!

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
            Its theorised that gravity is caused by something called gravitons, they havent been proved yet. But if they are and we find a way to repel them then we can make antigravity devices!
            I thought gravity was about things being dragged to heavier things (i.e. humans to Earth etc..)

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
            The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer
              I thought gravity was about things being dragged to heavier things (i.e. humans to Earth etc..)
              Its smaller objects to bigger, not heavier
              And its theoretical, meaning it hasnt been proven
              Gravitons could be the ones moving smaller objects to bigger, but we don't know for sure yet. Ask a scientist why they thought up gravitons or you could just google it. I just read about it in a book.

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Mass = roughly, how much stuff an object is comprised of
                Volume = how much space that object takes up
                Density = Mass/Volume or, how tightly packed the stuff in the object is
                Weight = the amount of mass times the force exerted by gravty (weight varries as gravitational constants vary)

We do know that gravity is a function of mass. Meaning that the amount of substance directly correlates to the amount of gravity. We have been unable to prove for certain if/how volume affects this function. The more stuff that's present the more gravity it posseses. But then the nature of theorhetical physics is that it's difficult to have meaningully controlled experiments on something like this. Experiments with particles can be stronly affected by minor things, such as magnetic fields. there are, after all, only four forces in nature, gravitational force, Magnetic force, weak nuclear force, and strong nuclear force. And of course because of Newton's law of action and reaction we know that experiments involving gravity, mass, and volume can yield different results depending on the relative size of objects being observed. For example, bumble bees should not be able to fly. And yet they sting me every year. (sigh) been a year or two since physics. Nice to reminisce.
                ~Teddy
                "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Working...
                X