Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I think they sit and read this forum. That has to give them a bunch of kicks. That and pair characters together that would never in their right minds pair. Then they "interfere" and give us the ideas. that has to be where some of these ungodly pairs come from. I am speaking as a Sam/Ba'al shipper commenting on Sam and Jack ships. ::joking kindly of course::
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

One thing they didn't do...each other, or they'd still be around...ascend? Do I get to keep my libido? No wonder Daniel keeps descending.
      - The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

[QUOTE=Gaterholic]somewhere out there, there is an ascended ancient that is a boston red sox fan. and he just watched untill this year. when he took action.

Its the only way they could have won.

And all this time i thought the red sox nation had finally become strong enough on our own to defeat the evil of the galaxy known as the yankees, i should have known better. Atleast they're on our side

I think, that aside from aiding the red sox, they probably sat around making sprockets by pushing that one shiny red button at their desks and ordering Rosy around to clean atlantis
        Boston University Terriers Hockey : 27 time Beanpot champions who play on the Jack Parker Rink at Agganis Arena

It is extremely unwise and even unproductive to do arithmetical calculations on certain types of animals until they have emerged from their calcified coverings

Comment

[QUOTE=terriernut]
          Originally posted by Gaterholic
          somewhere out there, there is an ascended ancient that is a boston red sox fan. and he just watched untill this year. when he took action.

Its the only way they could have won.

And all this time i thought the red sox nation had finally become strong enough on our own to defeat the evil of the galaxy known as the yankees, i should have known better. Atleast they're on our side

I think, that aside from aiding the red sox, they probably sat around making sprockets by pushing that one shiny red button at their desks and ordering Rosy around to clean atlantis
          Well, for interfereing, the anciet will be banish, so i guess it will be another 100 years bofore the sox win...

mwahahahaha

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
          DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Ascended Ancients watching us all day? Wouldn't that make us a bit like the inmates in Big Brother? Hey maybe that's what happened to the Furlings, they got voted out of the galaxy.

Comment

well i think all red sox fans probably know that and we'll be lucky if it's only 100 years
              Boston University Terriers Hockey : 27 time Beanpot champions who play on the Jack Parker Rink at Agganis Arena

It is extremely unwise and even unproductive to do arithmetical calculations on certain types of animals until they have emerged from their calcified coverings

Comment

In order for a civilization to properly function you need.. Government, Military, Science, Artist, Teachers, Others(Mechanics and Such)

I assume the Ancients were more advanced than the Federation in ST, So Replicators(not Bugs) were more than likely possible. So really cooks were not needed.

They needed a Governing Council, because, lets face it, they weren't Borg and Vote by majority would decide what they would do. Anyway, No Government means Anarchy and despite what some may think, Anarchy is not Good, as we will revert back to neanderthals, and the ancients were advanced so they had to have a government. Represented Government seems to be the case, as in Atlantis the Council voted on decisions, well someone had to put them in power.

Military would be necessary in order to well defend, or defeat. You don't send scientist in with guns to battle the bad guys, unless your from SGC. But obvously they had weapons, ships, ECT they had to have a military.

Scientist, Hell yeah they had scientist, they needed to figure out how to improve their toilets, and finally someone went thru and figured out ascension therefore toilets = useless.

Anyway, Good chance that Ancients spent 8 to 12 hours at work, came home to family or pet watched some sort of television show on an ancient device found in egypt that sends people to other worlds. Also considering how there didnt seem to be that many people on atlantis, maybe 1,000 at most, when they went back to earth, and looking at how millions of people have the gene, wasnt it like 1 in 16k have it? anyway, Thats an impressive even if it did take 10,000 years, so you know the ancients were 'active' when they werent watching SG1 or working.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

If I was an Ancient I would skateboard all day. Kickflip to Wraith Dome. It would be tight. I bet they had hover boards.
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

they should find some ancient toys. Super Gameboys

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                    DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

If the anceints ascended and no longer care about the coporeal, then they could have fun destroying random suns and taking bets on whether the planets are inhabited. it's slightly darker i know but maybe that's why supernova's happen.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Er......... They played golf through the Stargate?
                        "You don't know half of it".
                        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I would guess they got bored after building the Stargates and said, "hey, lets go out for pizza" and then they found a buffet and haven't bothered to come back.
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                          X