Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Asgard don't respond what does that really mean?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But think about it. No-one's ever beaten the bugs off by being faster than them; the best they've ever done is get away, and that's mostly because the reps don't do a strong line in containment. The few times a sizeable number of bugs have been destroyed, it's have nothing to do with speed and everything to do with an inability to spot the trick (here's a hint for all you reps out there: check the brakes, guys).

Now, admittedly the humanoid reps seem to be moving really slowly to shut off the TD field at the end of Unnatural Selection, especially since First supposedly got through the original shell in point-squat of a second. Still; that's plot for you.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

As long as they keep the "friendly" Replicators to a spare handful- or even just one or two- I think it could work... depending on the execution of the idea. I always think it's interesting when an "inherently evil" race suddenly develops an anomaly, a "good guy". Look at Yu, half of what's interesting about him is that he isn't completely evil, and as long as there's always the question of "why", you could get a lot of mileage out of it. Maybe he's acting nice... but is he REALLY nice, or is he just acting? And WHY is he being nice? How can he be so good when the rest of his kind are so horrible?

As for replicating more of himself, what if whatever's "wrong" with him really is just a glitch, or some unique trait, and whenever he tries to copy himself, the copies turn out evil?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        As for replicating more of himself, what if whatever's "wrong" with him really is just a glitch, or some unique trait, and whenever he tries to copy himself, the copies turn out evil?
        Now that's a good thought, although one that probably works better with a mystical than a technical flaw (a la Angel's curse). It's hard to square an inability to replicate a 'flaw' in a creature that is aware of itself almost on the subatomic level.

Comment

I hope Yu's not just nice because of old age senility or whatever, I hope something really is coming from that Goa'uld heart of his!
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Well it's established in Fair Game that Yu was always a different kind of System Lord; the honourable one, if not exactly Mr Congeniality.

Comment

Right. I actually haven't seen Fair Game yet either... I wanna see all the Yu episodes so I can be more aware of his history
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
              X