This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earck
    Interesting theory but quite a bit of a stretch. It is possible but I just don't see it.
    Just wondering, do you have a perscription for your Tunnel vision.
    Open mindedness is a gift not a curse you know.
    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
    AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
    AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
      Just wondering, do you have a perscription for your Tunnel vision.
      Open mindedness is a gift not a curse you know.
      Ah, but to have no mind is neither gift nor curse.

Sorry, I'm being annoying. I'll try to stop.
      sum ergo cogitum
      I am therefore I think.

Comment

I don't think the Wraithes created the virus I think they are the 'virus'. After all Daniel said it was a plague not a virus
        Very good idea, perhaps the ancients were experimenting and created the first generations of goa'uld trying to harness healing properties in their earlier stages of evolution. However unlikely this is I find it quite ingenious

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El
          Err...didn't you read the Stargate: Atlantis synopsis. jees
          It never said that, now who's got tunnel vision?

I don't buy it because A) This particular version of it has several holes (As the poster pointed out) and B) It's.... just stupid, I don't know, something just doesn't seem right about it even it the holes weren't there....

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            It never said that, now who's got tunnel vision?

I don't buy it because A) This particular version of it has several holes (As the poster pointed out) and B) It's.... just stupid, I don't know, something just doesn't seem right about it even it the holes weren't there....
            lol thats so funny because whenever i try to think about this theory, something just doesnt seem right to me, its like ackward to think about

Comment

I'm sorry, but what virus are we talking about here? Was there a virus that wiped out the ancients? And wasn't it established that the ancients were just highly evolved humans? Ugh, I thought I knew stuff about Stargate but now I'm just being proved dumb. Thee Gou'ald have naquada in their blood? Just the symbiotes though, right? I'm soooo confused! Help!

Phil
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
                I'm sorry, but what virus are we talking about here? Was there a virus that wiped out the ancients? And wasn't it established that the ancients were just highly evolved humans? Ugh, I thought I knew stuff about Stargate but now I'm just being proved dumb. Thee Gou'ald have naquada in their blood? Just the symbiotes though, right? I'm soooo confused! Help!

Phil
                In Full Circle Daniel tells them the Ancients were wiped out by a plague.

And symbiotes have Naquada in their blood, but they release it into a hosts body once they take them so they can use Hand Devices etc.

Comment

This question comes up over and over again - did the Ancients create the Gouald

Oneof the more popular pieces of fanon as opposed to official canon is this one :

I and others have proposed that given what's we;ve seen of Gouald culture and phsyiology

The Gouald and possibly the Unas evolved on the same planet

The goulad became symbiotes / parasites possibly to adapt to a climate change - swamp cahnging to grassland or a drought - possibly they symbiosis evolved later - the gouald acting as an extra kidney filtering toxins from the host and then later they evolved the gene scanning dna altering response that also benefited the host.

Originally they probably left the host on maturity and became aquatic life forms reproducing in the adult phase

However perhaps when the Unas or some other host speceis became sentient the Gouald also became sentient due to genetic transposition - that may have also increased their genetic modification abilities - ?

Anyway along came the Ancients and they probably took the Gouald off planet and either introeduced them to the Unas or involved the Unas and Gouald in expereiments to further imporve their abilities and turn the Unas in slave labor and the gouald into biological healing devices

somwhere along this line of evolution and modiifcation the gouald devloped the ability to attach themselves to a hosts brain stem and possibly to modify their hosts dna and overwrite it with their own allowing them to reproduce in humanoid hosts - ie hathor hatching eggs at sgc?

the gouald no longer matured into an "adult" aquatic form - the species may have split into two - an unmodified original like those on one of the unas worlds and another subspecies ancestral to the modern gouald

gentic transposition lead to the gouald acquiring human hardwiring - a urge to be alpha - the need for conquest on some gouald - human emotional traits etc

okay they're in a ancient bio lab - there was some kind of accident - maybe the plague started as a bioweapon - somehow the gouald and unas got free and some of them jumped into humanoid hosts and they started taking their revenge on those who had enslaved and experimented on them

meanwhile the ancient society is breaking down cos the plague and maybe also problems with the wraith and other species - maybe the wraith were another experiement gone wrong - in the resulting chaos the gouald managed to get to our galaxy and take over a few planets and some of the hosts knew how to work the gates ?

why do I think the goulad evolved independently of the ancients or unas - look at their body symmetry ?

and here's another thought maybe the ancients modifed the goulad hoping to use them as memory transfer devices - the symbiote leaving ahost of death and taking its memories to a new maybe clone body - serial immortality ?

The ancients may not have created the Gouald but on the limited data available its seems possible they were responsible for the Gouald becoming a plague by introducing them into new habitats?

Neith NOT A Larval Symbiote !!! But Scribe for a Goullawk Queen!!!

Vist Neith's Place and Sassy Gate!
                  Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

Originally posted by neith4

Anyway along came the Ancients and they probably took the Gouald off planet and either introeduced them to the Unas or involved the Unas and Gouald in expereiments to further imporve their abilities and turn the Unas in slave labor and the gouald into biological healing devices

okay they're in a ancient bio lab - there was some kind of accident - maybe the plague started as a bioweapon - somehow the gouald and unas got free and some of them jumped into humanoid hosts and they started taking their revenge on those who had enslaved and experimented on them

and here's another thought maybe the ancients modifed the goulad hoping to use them as memory transfer devices - the symbiote leaving ahost of death and taking its memories to a new maybe clone body - serial immortality ?

The ancients may not have created the Gouald but on the limited data available its seems possible they were responsible for the Gouald becoming a plague by introducing them into new habitats?

interesting...i never thought of it that way but it makes sense.

Comment

The ancients may have been able to heal themselves near the end, but there is no saying that they always could. The healing devices may have been around from earlier in their evolution.

Comment

I use the model of one of Earth's parasite/host relationships to explain the Ancient's connection to the Goa'uld. SACCULINA CARCINI is an Earth parasite that turns its host into a parasite baby factory

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...21/ai_63583791

(Scroll down to the middle of the article. BTW, this particular parasite even makes its host's eyes glow!)

Here's how I picture it happening: The Ancients are dying. They are looking at every possible angle to survive. They've even tried turning back the clock(WoO). They come across this planet with two species, the Unas and the Goa'uld, and study their relationship. They discover that the Goa'uld use the Unas only as receptacles as part of their breeding cycle(as does Sacculina Carcini). In order to protect their young that grow inside the Unas(and later hatch into the waters - think Hathor), the Goa'uld take over the host's immune system with their own superior system.

The Ancients see the potential and experiment. But the Goa'uld is not adapted for the ancient's phisiology; they have to introduce something - an anti-rejection element - into the parasite. This is where naquadah comes into the picture. Naquadah is not naturally occuring in native Goa'uld and is not present on their planet.

The newly bio-engineered symbiote is a success. The Ancients put a Stargate on the Goa'uld homeworld and a steady stream of patients come through for an implant. But the Ancients underestimate the abilities of this parasite. Over time the parasite learns to take advantage of the vastly superior brain of the Ancients and it takes over.

But the Ancient's bodies are difficult to maintain(Ra remarked on why he preferred a human host to some other host in the Movie), so, using the Ancients tech and brainpower, it devises what becomes the sarc in order to keep the host in maintainable shape. In time they found stronger, better suited hosts, and, as they do with slaves when they no longer need them, the Goa'uld abandonned the Ancients, and they died out.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          I use the model of one of Earth's parasite/host relationships to explain the Ancient's connection to the Goa'uld. SACCULINA CARCINI is an Earth parasite that turns its host into a parasite baby factory

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...21/ai_63583791

(Scroll down to the middle of the article. BTW, this particular parasite even makes its host's eyes glow!)

Here's how I picture it happening: The Ancients are dying. They are looking at every possible angle to survive. They've even tried turning back the clock(WoO). They come across this planet with two species, the Unas and the Goa'uld, and study their relationship. They discover that the Goa'uld use the Unas only as receptacles as part of their breeding cycle(as does Sacculina Carcini). In order to protect their young that grow inside the Unas(and later hatch into the waters - think Hathor), the Goa'uld take over the host's immune system with their own superior system.

The Ancients see the potential and experiment. But the Goa'uld is not adapted for the ancient's phisiology; they have to introduce something - an anti-rejection element - into the parasite. This is where naquadah comes into the picture. Naquadah is not naturally occuring in native Goa'uld and is not present on their planet.

The newly bio-engineered symbiote is a success. The Ancients put a Stargate on the Goa'uld homeworld and a steady stream of patients come through for an implant. But the Ancients underestimate the abilities of this parasite. Over time the parasite learns to take advantage of the vastly superior brain of the Ancients and it takes over.

But the Ancient's bodies are difficult to maintain(Ra remarked on why he preferred a human host to some other host in the Movie), so, using the Ancients tech and brainpower, it devises what becomes the sarc in order to keep the host in maintainable shape. In time they found stronger, better suited hosts, and, as they do with slaves when they no longer need them, the Goa'uld abandonned the Ancients, and they died out.
                          The Ancients were advanced humans. Ra was the first Goa'uld to discover humans, and he did so on Earth, not on P3X-888. Your idea is cool, but unrealistic. The Goa'uld evolved as a native intelligent species on P3X-888 and later discovered that they could control the Unas, their first hosts. They were parasitic, but not true parasites. Eventually, they figured out how to use the gate and the rest is history.

I don't think the Ancients created the Goa'uld, nor did they really even know the Goa'uld existed. By the time the Goau'ld started to dominate the galaxy, the Ancients had moved on to the Pegasus galaxy, died off in our galaxy, or ascended. They were not dominant or active around our galaxy by the time the goa'uld infested unas found earth.

Comment

[QUOTE=LordAnubis]
                            The Ancients were advanced humans. Ra was the first Goa'uld to discover humans, and he did so on Earth, not on P3X-888. Your idea is cool, but unrealistic.
                            Yeah, well, it is just a theory. But are the Ancients humans? We are the second evolution of the Ancients, not the actual descendants of them. Yes? No?

We do know that the Ancients were dying out(Frozen, WoO) so it could be possible that some scientists had experimented with using the curative powers of other life forms to help themselves. We do it all the time in our own medical research. It seems less of a stretch to try that than to invent from scratch a time travel device.

The Goa'uld evolved as a native intelligent species on P3X-888 and later discovered that they could control the Unas, their first hosts. They were parasitic, but not true parasites. Eventually, they figured out how to use the gate and the rest is history.
                            But just how did that Gate get there, on the Goa'uld homeworld? The Ancients must have put it there. I don't care how smart the Goa'uld might have been when they infested the Unas, they did not have the means to build FTL spaceships or the gate - there being 1) no trace of any sort of technological base on the homeworld, and, 2) no naquada present with which to build the gate.

I don't think the Ancients created the Goa'uld, nor did they really even know the Goa'uld existed. By the time the Goau'ld started to dominate the galaxy, the Ancients had moved on to the Pegasus galaxy, died off in our galaxy, or ascended. They were not dominant or active around our galaxy by the time the goa'uld infested unas found earth.
                            I don't think they "created" the Goa'uld, either. More like, gave them an evolutionary boost.

The ancients definately knew about the Goa'uld because they had developed certain technologies to combat the Goa'uld as well as to shut them out of their knowledge repositories. Daniel, in Fifth Race, called the Ancients the "builders of roads", and may have been the ones to teach the Romans as well as giving them the basic structure of latin, which is the foundation of many languages down to this day. But also:

Spoiler for Atlantis

Mackay reasoned that the Greeks learned of Atlantis through some of the Ancients. The Egyptians pre-date both the Greeks and the Romans. The Goa'uld were definately not only around, but had held dominance on Earth long before the Ancients left. (and, dang-it! that destroys my arguement, on another thread, for why the Asgard would not have known about the Wraiths. )
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Yeah, well, it is just a theory. But are the Ancients humans? We are the second evolution of the Ancients, not the actual descendants of them. Yes? No?
                              Yes, yes they are human. We're a few steps behind them in terms of evolutionary advancement, but at the core we're still the same species.

Comment

We do know that the Ancients were dying out(Frozen, WoO) so it could be possible that some scientists had experimented with using the curative powers of other life forms to help themselves. We do it all the time in our own medical research. It seems less of a stretch to try that than to invent from scratch a time travel device.

But just how did that Gate get there, on the Goa'uld homeworld? The Ancients must have put it there. I don't care how smart the Goa'uld might have been when they infested the Unas, they did not have the means to build FTL spaceships or the gate - there being 1) no trace of any sort of technological base on the homeworld, and, 2) no naquada present with which to build the gate.

I don't think they "created" the Goa'uld, either. More like, gave them an evolutionary boost.

The ancients definately knew about the Goa'uld because they had developed certain technologies to combat the Goa'uld as well as to shut them out of their knowledge repositories. Daniel, in Fifth Race, called the Ancients the "builders of roads", and may have been the ones to teach the Romans as well as giving them the basic structure of latin, which is the foundation of many languages down to this day. But also:

Spoiler for Atlantis

Mackay reasoned that the Greeks learned of Atlantis through some of the Ancients. The Egyptians pre-date both the Greeks and the Romans. The Goa'uld were definately not only around, but had held dominance on Earth long before the Ancients left. (and, dang-it! that destroys my arguement, on another thread, for why the Asgard would not have known about the Wraiths. )
                                I never said the Goa'uld created or built the gate on their homeworld. I said they were intelligent enough to figure it out very shortly after they infested the Unas and learned how to control other species. The Goa'uld could not simply be parasites who learned to do neat things in other creature's minds. The Goa'uld were intelligent, advanced, cunning sentient beings who learned a great deal by observing and experimenting. The Ancients used ships to gring the gate to P3X-888. They contructed the gate and the DHD on that world. They most likely only came back a few times to try out the gate. I think the plan was to seed inhabitable worlds with Ancients (or lesser humans) at that time, but for whatever reason, they never got around to seeding P3X-888 with humans/ancients. After the gate was built, the goa'uld took over that world with their unas hosts, then started to figure things out. Who knows how long this process took; it may have been millions of years after the gate was installed.

For whatever reason, the Goa'uld chose not to stay on their native planet -- they probably wanted to forget about their humble beginnings and bailed. I'm also not sure why they left so many native goau'ld behind. There are more unaswered questions than there are answered ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X