This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients Thread

So we know some-what about the ancients.
    But one thing keeps on coming back to me is that......are the ancients dead or alive. I mean if they assended then they must be dead. But they are able to control all of natures elements...

so then their in between the living and the dead....right???
    The Phoenix lives on!

It is so that the Ancients have ascended and that they live on a new plane of existance.Their corporal forms have changed into pure energy.I don't know if all the Ancients have the abilty to control theweather but we do know for Oma Desale that she can control weather.But I think that it is Anubis who floats between dead and alive because he is an Ascended Goa'uld but the Ancients didn't want him and forced him to descend but that failed and now he's stuck between the 2 planes and that is way he has a shield so that his corporal form can maintain.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Well, from what I understand, you don't have to be dead. Shefu, the Harseesis wasn't even close to dead. I think that you have to have an understanding and then you can ascend. My question is what do the ancients do to you if you've gotten there on your own. Do you still have to follow their rules?
      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Their may be some Ancients alive in this(not likely), or another galaxy that are not ascended. Those who Ascended have gone to a higher plane of existence, and are in no way dead.
        Originally posted by _Anubis
        But I think that it is Anubis who floats between dead and alive because he is an Ascended Goa'uld but the Ancients didn't want him and forced him to descend but that failed and now he's stuck between the 2 planes and that is way he has a shield so that his corporal form can maintain.
        In Threads it's explained about Anubis. Threads
        Spoiler:
        JIM: What do you know about Anubis?
        JACKSON: I know he's half-ascended, whatever that means.
        JIM: There are many planes of existence between human existence and ascension. Basically, the Others use their collective powers to keep him from affecting anything on a grand, cosmic level.
        JACKSON: But it's OK for him to destroy an entire galaxy?
        JIM: It's OK for him to do anything he could have done back when he was a regular old Goa'uld.

later in the show
        OMA: They warned him -- he wasn't allowed to use any knowledge or power unless he otherwise would have gained it as a Goa'uld.
        JACKSON: I don't understand. They let him wreak havoc. They don't care if he destroys all life in the galaxy -- life they themselves created?
        OMA: They haven't stopped me from continuing my work. I've tried to make up for it -- help when I can.
        JACKSON: It's your punishment. You're forced to watch, powerless to interfere, and let Anubis do whatever he wants just to punish you?

That pretty much sums up Anubis. He's half-ascended and the others never failed to force him to decend, Oma did. He's no closer to death either, he's only on a plane between ours and the fully-ascended.
        Spoiler:
        Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

So does anyone kn ow about the ancients backstory, besides that they're technologically advanced, they assended, and most of them were wiped out a plague?
          The Phoenix lives on!

Comment

I like the idea that of the Ancients as being the founders of Ancient Greece.

David H
            Feta! Feta! Feta!

Originally posted by Magnus
            Their may be some Ancients alive in this(not likely), or another galaxy that are not ascended. Those who Ascended have gone to a higher plane of existence, and are in no way dead.

In Threads it's explained about Anubis. Threads
            Spoiler:
            JIM: What do you know about Anubis?
            JACKSON: I know he's half-ascended, whatever that means.
            JIM: There are many planes of existence between human existence and ascension. Basically, the Others use their collective powers to keep him from affecting anything on a grand, cosmic level.
            JACKSON: But it's OK for him to destroy an entire galaxy?
            JIM: It's OK for him to do anything he could have done back when he was a regular old Goa'uld.

later in the show
            OMA: They warned him -- he wasn't allowed to use any knowledge or power unless he otherwise would have gained it as a Goa'uld.
            JACKSON: I don't understand. They let him wreak havoc. They don't care if he destroys all life in the galaxy -- life they themselves created?
            OMA: They haven't stopped me from continuing my work. I've tried to make up for it -- help when I can.
            JACKSON: It's your punishment. You're forced to watch, powerless to interfere, and let Anubis do whatever he wants just to punish you?

That pretty much sums up Anubis. He's half-ascended and the others never failed to force him to decend, Oma did. He's no closer to death either, he's only on a plane between ours and the fully-ascended.
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient_phoenix
              So does anyone kn ow about the ancients backstory, besides that they're technologically advanced, they assended, and most of them were wiped out a plague?
              That's what season 9 is for. Other then that, we know they were the first evolution to look like us, they seeded life in the galaxy after their plague, some moved to Pegasus, they had an alliance with Nox, Furling, and Asgard, and they consider themselves moreally superior.
              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
              X