Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather enjoyed the books based off the movie.
    Shadowmaat... what were these books about?

Personally, I would love to see some sort of Stargate: the Movie Sequel or something like that, although they'd have to come up with some title that makes it obviously not SG-1. I'd love it if they could take the original sequel ideas and use James Spader and Kurt Russell, or whatever they had planned to do.
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
      Make the movies!

Have James Spader play daneil jackson so it seems more like the original movie.

Blasphemy!

Quick! Someone cut his fingers off!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
        Shadowmaat... what were these books about?
        Well, Daniel stayed on Abydos, but so did the military. They set up a mining operation to get the naquadria. The Abydans were (mis)treated as slave labor and some of them even moved to Earth to try and make money to send home. It was kind of a grim outlook, but also probably realisitic. Shau'ri became a teacher. She was a really strong, wonderful character in the books. The stargate was dealth with some more, and some new secrets were discovered about it. There was an encounter with Hathor which had some echoes in SG-1. And there were the Setesh, an alien species who looked like the ancient drawings of Set (weird long-nosed creatures). I think there was also a warlike cat/Kzinti species. Been a while since I read them. If you can find 'em, they might be worth checking out. Just don't expect them to be anything like SG-1.

Comment

The Naquada in the books is called Gold Quartz or something wierd like that. Staff Weapons are called something different, too. But I like the name of Hathor's mothership. "Boat of a Million Years".

Comment

Wow... I gotta get my hands on these! Are there specific titles you can tell me?
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
              I'd really like to see a movie, BUT...

Not an SG-1 spinoff. As stated before in this thread, that would be too much for people who have never seen the show. However, I would like to see them do a PREQUELL. Like a story that is based in the far past, in a time when the ancients lived here, and how the Goa'uld came to power. They could introduce a lot of the plots from the show, and that would get people interested and they wouldn't have to see the show to really understand what is happening. Make it to where when they DO get interested and go out and buy every season on DVD, they would say "Oh. Ok. I saw that in the movie." or whatever.

I think it would be neat to have a battle between the Ancients and the Goa'uld over Earth, and how the Goa'uld wiped out the Ancients with the virus, and bogarted all of their tech. It could climax with the common people of Earth (Survivors of the Ancient virus?) being enslaved by Ra, and their rebellion to drive him off, and end where the original movie begins with the Egyptian people burying the gate.

But I doubt MGM would make that movie.
              Actually, it was the Wraith that wiped out the Ancients, not the Goa'uld
              oh, and if the Goa'uld did obtain the knowledge from the Ancients, then the whole storyline with Anubis would have been done Seasons ago instead of seasons 5-7.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
                Wow... I gotta get my hands on these! Are there specific titles you can tell me?
                Well, they all start with Stargate, which should help.
                Rebellion, Retaliation, Retribution, Reconnaissance, Resistance.
                I'm pretty sure that's the right order, anyway.

Almost forgot, Skaara gets to be a great fully-developed character, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Blasphemy!

Quick! Someone cut his fingers off!
                  As much as I love Shanks, Spader deffinately has more of the scientist/geeky pull to him than Shanks does... Shanks is more like the rare hot-geek who soooo shouldn't be working for SG-1.

On another note my sister found a spider in the bath this morning and when she screamed it sounded just like the noise a goa'uld symbiote makes... freaky

Edit To stay on topic, I think another SG movie would rule, but it would have to be with the ORIGINAL SG crew (Kurt Russel, James Spader, etc) and it should be a "remake" of Children of the Gods, hehehe, that'd rule.

I loved the original Stargate set (no red chevrons, actual water for the event horizon instead of CG-Water, even the vortex at the back of the gate was cool)

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                    As much as I love Shanks, Spader deffinately has more of the scientist/geeky pull to him than Shanks does...
                    Have you perchance caught Touching Evil on USA? The guy who played Zipacna is one of the secondary characters. Utterly unrecognizable (to me) as Zippy, but he's almost dead-on Daniel in the movie, from the shaggy-haired look to the absent-mindedness and slightly slurred/hushed speech and odd body movements. Cracks me up every time I see him. I actually had to check the credits to make sure it wasn't Spader. LOVE the character. And while I'm all for "hot geeks" like MS's Daniel, I like total geeks just as much. They seem a little truer to form for me, somehow.

I think I liked the way that the characters of Daniel, Shau'ri and Skaara developed in the movie-based books better than I like the way they were developed on Stargate. Which is not to say that the development on SG-1 is bad. It's different, and my personal preferences just happen to align a little more closely with the books.

I still love Daniel and I think MS is doing an excellent job with him (or as excellent as he can with what he's given) but SG-1's Daniel is quite a bit different from the one in the movie/books. Growth, changes, yes, I know. I'm just saying that I found the changes in the books a little more interesting, that's all. Daniel managed to change and grow, but still retain that essential goofiness from the movie. The same mannerisms, etc. SG-1's Daniel still has a few of those, but I don't find it as noticeable.

Dunno if I'd want a "remake" of COTG with the movie cast, but as I said before, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing where the movie story went next.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                      If they make another Stargate movie, its likely that Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge will be left out. This would be extremely disappointing. However, if they made another movie, but with the SG1 part on it, I am pretty sure AT and CJ could be in it.

If Emmerich/Devlin make it, it's probably a safe bet that NONE of the current cast would be in it and it wouldn't resemble SG-1 at all. One of them at least has been very upfront in a couple of interviews that I've seen about his dislike for the series and what they did to his story. He'd be more likely to go back to the original cast and take up where he left off in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
                        If Emmerich/Devlin make it, it's probably a safe bet that NONE of the current cast would be in it and it wouldn't resemble SG-1 at all. One of them at least has been very upfront in a couple of interviews that I've seen about his dislike for the series and what they did to his story. He'd be more likely to go back to the original cast and take up where he left off in the movie.
                        Given the reports of how much Spader and Rusell hated working with each other...I highly doubt they could get either one to do the whole thing again.
                        Webbgirl
                        Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                        My Livejournal

Comment

I think a series of movies is a possiblity. They would probably make a lot of money. ABYDOSCITY2
                          ABYDOSCITY2

Comment

Originally posted by Webbgirl
                            Given the reports of how much Spader and Rusell hated working with each other...I highly doubt they could get either one to do the whole thing again.
                            Yeah, I heard they didn't exactly see eye to eye, and I'm talking about Russel/Spader, not Jack/Daniel

Comment

I don't think a series of movies will bring more popularity to Stargate, nor $. I think there should be just one movie that contiues and ends SG1 story arc at the same time

Comment

Working...
                              X