• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furling
    The original odd couple

What would be better is Tok'ra and a Jaffa
    Yeah!!! That's much better!!!

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

or Three Jaffa and a symbiote (Three Men and a baby)

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

Well I don't think that either of the first two would be viable spin offs, as much as SG-1 is great, the SGC is almost entirely covered by that, and they would over lap, and probably not have as good viewing audiences.

Out of those you suggested the Prometheus one sounds like the only one that could stand up on its own, but I don't think they would make that. The formula for Atlantis was the best one, and it could easily launch us into another galaxy, (maybe with furlings?), that would be the best IMO.

Comment

I'd like to see a show set 100-200/500/whatever years or so in the future, many, many galaxies away in a totally human built futuristic setting. Possibly several tau'ri planets in that galaxy working together/feuding about how to do things & a big evil alien race(possibly invading from another galaxy even further away). It would focus on a particular military unit of course.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
            I'd like to see a show set 100-200/500/whatever years or so in the future, many, many galaxies away in a totally human built futuristic setting. Possibly several tau'ri planets in that galaxy working together/feuding about how to do things & a big evil alien race(possibly invading from another galaxy even further away). It would focus on a particular military unit of course.
            Kind of like Star Wars. "Way Way Into The Future, In A Galaxy Far Far Away"
            they have humans, and they have New republic soldiers. we call them RS-1(Rogue Squadron)
            Turkey Sandwich/ Cake Time

Comment

Another Spinoff?! This isn't CSI ya know!

Actually another one might be quite interesting. But if they were to consider it, then it should be done when SG-1 has finished for good and Atlantis has progressed a bit. Out of the ones you listed, the Jaffa one might be quite cool, or the prometheus one, I don't know though. Maybe they could have an Atlantis spin off? Or one in the future? An interesting question....

(Oh by the way I was only joking about CSI! I love the show!!)

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
                LOL!

Comment

Can't resist; I would call the second spin-off Stargate: Horizon, and it would be about... well, about humanity coming closer to becoming the "fifth race", and lots of other things. Feel free to check out the link to the blog for more on the fifth race part of it.

Everyone who's familiar with Horizon knows it is a very, very different show compared to both SG-1 and Atlantis, but it is Stargate. I think the more spin-offs there are, the more different they have to be in order to stay interesting. They have to be able to explore new parts of the Stargate universe, and at their core stay true to what Stargate has always been about. So, if I had something to say, this would definitely premiere some time after SG-1 finishes its run.

Now, regarding a second spin-off in general, I am 99.99 percent sure that there will be a second one coming up. I personally could see SG-1 going to the big screen, while Atlantis will air on its own for one or two seasons, until it's joined by the second spin-off. Considering the success of Stargate at the moment, it's just a logical conclusion that Atlantis most likely won't be the last Stargate show.
                  Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I don't really like any of the 3, but I think a series about Ba'al taking his fleet to another galaxy and conquering it would be interesting.
                    Spoiler:
                    Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.

Actually another one might be quite interesting. But if they were to consider it, then it should be done when SG-1 has finished for good and Atlantis has progressed a bit. Out of the ones you listed, the Jaffa one might be quite cool, or the prometheus one, I don't know though. Maybe they could have an Atlantis spin off? Or one in the future? An interesting question....

(Oh by the way I was only joking about CSI! I love the show!!)
                      Oh, yeah... CSI: Atlantis and CSI: Alpha Site... or would it be CSI: Pegasus and CSI: Milky Way? Or maybe just Stargate CSI.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X