This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple points of interest...

OK, here's a stupid comment: why haven't the Tok'ra's reproduction problem been solved by the Asguard? They have cloning technology, so they could just clone the Tok'ra. Episode 6x05 - Nightwalkers - showed that a Goa'uld clone retains it's memories, so the Asguard could just clone the Tok'ra and let them florish. (They could even be moved to Pegasus...)

As a second, does Gateworld accept reviews from anyone, or are only specific people allowed to submit reviews? I have one, and I'm cuious to what other people think of it.Shall I attach it to the post?
    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Well think about it, if they cloned 100 of you only 1 of you would be real and with what people call a soul and would you want to be a clone your self? most likly same reason why they dont use sarcofigus or maybe not
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
      Well think about it, if they cloned 100 of you only 1 of you would be real and with what people call a soul and would you want to be a clone your self? most likly same reason why they dont use sarcofigus or maybe not
      They could sequence the genetic memory and only insert specific items of that memory, but that sounds a lot like the super soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
        They could sequence the genetic memory and only insert specific items of that memory, but that sounds a lot like the super soldiers.
        yes but still would you like to find out that you are a clone?

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
          All of them are clones of the queen anyway. If Egeria could make baby's alone and they all had their queen's memory than they are just like a clone...
          The interesting thing would be finding out how do queen's are born/made. Also they could make a clone of Egeria.
          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

With birthing, the symbiotes retain memory, but also are their own personality. If they were to be cloned, they would all be theoretically the same person, given the same conditions.
            it is true that blending with different hosts would produce some sort of variation, but would you want to live in a society that is all you?
            ... never mind, don't answer that.

Maybe not through straight cloning, but im sure the asguard could help the Tok'ra in one way or another.
            ...Make them a super cool disco club to party at, or something...

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
            DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
              As a second, does Gateworld accept reviews from anyone, or are only specific people allowed to submit reviews? I have one, and I'm cuious to what other people think of it.Shall I attach it to the post?
              Darren has an agreement with a few people to write reviews for him. If you're interested in becoming a review writer shoot him an email or a PM (although I have no idea if he needs additional writers at the moment!).
              An excellent alternative would be to post your review in the respective episode discussion thread. A lot of people do that in order to make their views known to a broader audience.

Comment

It would seem to me that all Goa'uld larvae would be as clones, unless the Queen did something purposely to make them different. Other than that, the only change in "personality" would come from their experiences when being placed in a Jaffa or when the mature symbiote takes a host....IMHO, naturally.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Actually, only the bodies of the Asgards are produced through mitosis (cloning of body cells). Their consciousness is placed in a new body once the old one is worn out. It might be a little tricky for Tok'ra.

Like Carter has said many times. It's like making a copy of a copy. Eventually the quality will depreciate over time.
                  "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
                  *Jack holds up three fingers*
                  ------------------------------
                  Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
                  Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBojangles
                    Actually, only the bodies of the Asgards are produced through mitosis (cloning of body cells). Their consciousness is placed in a new body once the old one is worn out. It might be a little tricky for Tok'ra.

Like Carter has said many times. It's like making a copy of a copy. Eventually the quality will depreciate over time.
                    Yes but in order for the tokra to transfer the consciousness there would have to be a consciousness to transfer, so all you can do is just create clones exactly like the other

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
                      The interesting thing would be finding out how do queen's are born/made. Also they could make a clone of Egeria.
                      I'd say the reproduction of a queen would follow that of the bees, ants and termites. Perhaps not the exact same process, but something of the same sort at least...

Info on bees & the creation of new hives...
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bees

Info on ants...
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ants

Are there perhaps drones that would be slightly different physically with the sole purpose of mating a new queen before they die? Could be an interesting topic to see in a future episode.

The most interesting aspect of this would be to discover what triggers the birth of a new queen, be it genetic, environmental, or in a sense... political (the Goa'uld's fall from grace could have a very negative impact on the current queens' following). If the queen were capable of willful creation of different types of Goa'uld, it would be very interesting to see unfold. Perhaps besides queen and typical symbiote, the queen is able to create 2 or 3 other castes of Goa'uld we haven't yet seen. The drone could be one, and their lifecycle could be very interesting, besides simply mating, perhaps several are born and sent out to prove worthy of fathering a new hive (for lack of a better word...). Maybe drones look quite different physically than a typical Goa'uld when mature and look even more menacing, maybe the have much stronger abilities and other Goa'uld can sense them and fear them.

Maybe besides those three (Queen, drone, symbiote), there is one or two other types that are born under very specific circumstances for an exact purpose (writers are good at coming up with this stuff, perhaps they are guards or special soldiers or something I could never come up with). We've come to an interesting crossroads in the impact Goa'uld have in the Stargate universe, and events of this sort could prove very interesting, and could give tons of interesting story oppurtunities.

The birth of a new queen to help reclaim what the Goa'uld believe to be their rightful place in the galaxy, could be kinda cool... Plus, if the Ornii aren't such a hit, it could be a failsafe .

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                        Darren has an agreement with a few people to write reviews for him. If you're interested in becoming a review writer shoot him an email or a PM (although I have no idea if he needs additional writers at the moment!).
                        An excellent alternative would be to post your review in the respective episode discussion thread. A lot of people do that in order to make their views known to a broader audience.
                        I know it isn't going to be good, so I've no expectations of glory, and I've already posted it to the appropriate thread at <www.sg1archive.com>'s forum and gotten no reply. (OK, the thread might be dead. I'll post it here, too.)

Comment

Working...
                        X