Sen'il Worship/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancientalliance
    Perhaps... her eye for fashion is unprecedented...
    True, but that statement was laced in sarcasm. The point is, she is very busy and can't be bothered with every little thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
      True, but that statement was laced in sarcasm. The point is, she is very busy and can't be bothered with every little thing.
      Sarcasm? Which *advisor* told you that?

Comment

The point is, she is very busy and can't be bothered with every little thing.
        Ah, just the excuse I thought you'd come up with. Now I ask you: can a true diety ever be too busy to deal with anything? Is it really possible, (as your statement suggests) for a goddess to be overwhelmed? Is our Sen'il not capable of monitoring all points, people and situations at once? Or could there ever be there be a thing too difficult for her to do? Can there be anything that exists which she cannot comprehend?

How hard could it possibly be for her, then, to answer one simple little question of yours...even a billion-trillion of the most complex questions...? Would that not be for her an infinitely easy task? A thing requiring barely any focus or energy on her part? Or do you not rather accuse her of being utterly apathetic towards the very important details of our daily lives -- wherein is shaped our true character? Does she not mean to mold us into her more worthy servants? Why then would she withhold her wisdom from us when we are in need of it...and leave us to blunder along completely by ourselves?

So far as I can see, there are only two reasons why Sen'il would withhold her benevolent guidance from us, her loyal servants. Either she is not really a goddess (and thus incapable and/or unwilling to see us through our every moment), or something we are doing is not allowing her to help us as she wishes. What does it say about us...her supposed servants, if our goddess cannot be moved to help us in any moment of uncertainty? Is it not very likely that the fault lies in us?...That we are actually unwilling to hear what she truly thinks about our choices?

And as for this:

Weak minds are the ones which believe they are prepared for anything.
        I said nothing about being ready for everything. (I believe that has been one of your claims, though.) But I have learned of this one thing through experience. I have not yet had all experiences from which I could learn...
        Last edited by Tiret; 15 September 2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiret
          Ah, just the excuse I thought you'd come up with. Now I ask you: can a true diety ever be too busy to deal with anything? Is it really possible, (as your statement suggests) for a goddess to be overwhelmed? Is our Sen'il not capable of monitoring all points, people and situations at once? Or could there ever be there be a thing too difficult for her to do? Can there be anything that exists which she cannot comprehend?

How hard could it possibly be for her, then, to answer one simple little question of yours...even a billion-trillion of the most complex questions...? Would that not be for her an infinitely easy task? A thing requiring barely any focus or energy on her part? Or do you not rather accuse her of being utterly apathetic towards the very important details of our daily lives -- wherein is shaped our true character? Does she not mean to mold us into her more worthy servants? Why then would she withhold her wisdom from us when we are in need of it...and leave us to blunder along completely by ourselves?

So far as I can see, there are only two reasons why Sen'il would withhold her benevolent guidance from us, her loyal servants. Either she is not really a goddess (and thus incapable and/or unwilling to see us through our every moment), or something we are doing is not allowing her to help us as she wishes. What does it say about us...her supposed servants, if our goddess cannot be moved to help us in any moment of uncertainty? Is it not very likely that the fault lies in us?...That we are actually unwilling to hear what she truly thinks about our choices?
          Exactly what I thought you would say. Fortunately, I also came prepared.
          When the pathetic fools of Stargate Command keep her under lock and key and she learns from them, would you dare disturb her for such a menial question that could easily be answered by one of your minions? Everyone should know that she is capable of doing anything she pleases but even goddesses must wish free time at some point in their eternal existance. What if she were conferring with another god? Would you like your head to be on a platter? Do you think that even we are so important? Perhaps you dare think that you are better than Sen'il?

I said nothing about being ready for everything. (I believe that has been one of your claims, though.) But I have learned of this one thing through experience. I have not yet had all experiences from which I could learn...
          I'm ready for almost anything.

Comment

Exactly what I thought you would say.
            You two never get tired of saying that do you

Comment

You two never get tired of saying that do you
              Not at all.

Comment

Everyone should know that she is capable of doing anything she pleases
                Well, sadly, the non-believers always ask me why can't she get herself out of the SGC if she can do anything? I always zat them three times afterwards. Just reminded me, sorry.
                "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                  I always zat them three times afterwards.

yes, leave no evidence...

Comment

yes, leave no evidence...
                    And I always thought it was show no mercy...

Comment

Do you think that even we are so important? Perhaps you dare think that you are better than Sen'il?
                      I believe it was the opposite point that I was trying to make. Sen'il being infinitely better than we are, should be more than able at any moment to give us mortals the help we need in conforming to her glorious likeness. If she truly cares about what we become, that is, she would not have us merely rely upon her mortal minions, who are all just as fallible as we.
                      Last edited by Tiret; 17 September 2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

And I always thought it was show no mercy...
                        It's killing two birds with one stone...

Comment

It's killing two birds with one stone...
                          There's too many to remember...

Comment

I believe it was the opposite point that I was trying to make. Sen'il being infinitely better than we are, should be more than able at any moment to give us mortals the help we need in conforming to her glorious likeness. If she truly cares about what we become, that is, she would not have us merely rely upon her mortal minions, who are all just as fallible as we.
                            And yet you presume to think that we are completely worthless on our own...? Should it not be said that we have some free will in our actions? Or do you assume that simply because you are in service to Sen'il that you may simply barge in on her at any time just to further your own means and hopefully advance yourself compared to everyone else around you. Is all you care about yourself? Do you wish to use Sen'il as one of your lackies to further yourself? The mere thought of what you seek to do sickens me.

Comment

And yet you presume to think that we are completely worthless on our own...?
                              in comparison with our great goddess?

Comment

in comparison with our great goddess?
                                It is quite obvious we pale in comparison to Sen'il but we are not worthless pieces of trash either.

Comment

Working...
                                X