David Blue Interview| Mister Kino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Blue Interview| Mister Kino

With the first season of Stargate Universe drawing to a close, who better to tell us everything is going to be alright (Season Two is just around the corner!) than David Blue? The actor plays Eli Wallace on the series, and has quickly become a fan favorite both on screen and behind the scenes.

GateWorld sat down with David at Creation Entertainment’s official Stargate convention in Vancouver. We covered everything from his relationships with other cast members, to Eli’s character development so far (and still to come), to the fan reception of the show.

GateWorld’s interview with David Blue runs 15 minutes, and is available in audio. It’s also transcribed below!
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

DB: I think it’s more that he respects Rush. Because he kind of — other than his personality — kind of can imagine himself becoming him. But it’s also a warning story. Eli doesn’t want to become that guy, so I think more than anything Rush is someone to look up to, but Young is somebody to respect.
    I hadn't considered that, that Eli could be looking at Rush as a cautionary tale. Neat

DB: I will say – having seen episodes 11 through 20 on DVD, I will say that I love it. I really do. But watching the second part of the two-part season finale, I found myself getting angry that I had to wait to see how it got resolved. Which is ridiculous because we were shooting it at the time! So I knew how it got resolved. But watching it … I even went up to Andy Mikita and I congratulated him because I thought it was so beautifully done.

It is, not terrifying. It is shocking. It is crazy. It brings you right along to the point.

One of my favorite things about LOST is where you watch and then you realize that you have five minutes before the commercial that ends the episode, and you get really pissed off. You’re like, “No, oh no, don’t leave it right here!” And I feel like we do that in a really good way.
    I DO that! "What do you mean it's over in three minutes and I have to wait till next week!? Gah!!" Usually followed by some swearing Shocking, huh...crap...*chews nails*

The thing that I tell everyone, who’s seen it or hasn’t seen it, is SGU is its own show. We’re not trying to make a sequel to anything. We can’t! I’m not McKay, I’m not O’Neill. There will not be another SG-1 unless it’s a movie. And they’re not coming back because RDA [Richard Dean Anderson], I don’t think, needs to do another six years of television. I don’t think he’d want to. So if you watch out show and you like the tone of our show, then more power to you.

It’s not going to change. I think the biggest misconception out there is people think, “Here we go, now their changing! Because we said ['this'], they’re changing it to what we want it to be.”
    This^^ All of this. I hope it doesn't change, that it just continues being this thing they've created and doesn't try to be something different.

great interview!
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I can't stand endings like he described. They drive me nuts.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        I can't stand endings like he described. They drive me nuts.
        no doubt, the looooong months in between series will drive me berserk
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Could you please stop using that awful promo pic of him?

It's not very flatering...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            Could you please stop using that awful promo pic of him?

It's not very flatering...
            It makes me wanna say

Wallace, Eli Wallace. Kino expert
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              It makes me wanna say

Wallace, Eli Wallace. Kino expert
              And it makes me wanna punch him in the face when he really is adorable.

Comment

Sounds like a great guy.
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                X