X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having that guy as Dad must ROCK!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps, but as cool as he is, I would probably miss him while he was away at set so much. I remember stories Kate Mulgrew told of how her two boys eventually stopped watching Star Trek Voyager in protest to her being away for so long. It really damaged her relationship with them.

Comment

There are some quality interviews on this website. Thanks David, your sites awsome.

If ever you want me to help out with interviews let me know, Id be happy to help, doing voiceovers one of my jobs in the UK.

Regards

Simon
        A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
        "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
        "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

We intend to break our personal record of interviews next year. It's going to be quite a job but we're relentless! I'm hoping that a higher percentage of them as videos.

Voiceovers?

Comment

Originally posted by David
            We intend to break our personal record of interviews next year. It's going to be quite a job but we're relentless! I'm hoping that a higher percentage of them as videos.
            Would that mean that the interviews would be shorter? Videos are usually very space consuming, aren't they? The thing I like about the Gateworld interviews is that they are fairly substantial compared to what I've read/heard/seen in other places.
            Was it difficult to get hold of JF? Is it a lengthy process trying to get interviews with lead actors?
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The interviews will never be shorter. Of course, an actor may only have a limited amount of time to chat with us, so one interview may naturally be shorter from another, but as a whole they will remain the same - if not get longer ...

Videos are very space consuming -- and time consuming in the editing bay.

Actually, it was not that difficult to get Mr. Flanigan. My normal contact source doesn't have Joe's info listed, but our friends at London Film and Comic Con were more than happy to exchange info with me so that I could get ahold of him. The tricky part was catching him in the states! Obviously they're on hiatus, and I was not told that he was going to be in New York, let alone outside of the West Coast!! So here I am, snoozing, and Joe leaves a message on my answering machine, then calls my cel phone. I'm in Central time. I was expecting the interview in three hours, and he's an hour ahead of me!

Obviously things worked out in the end.
              Last edited by Darren; 04 January 2005, 07:19 PM.

Comment

The interviews will never be shorter. Of course, an actor may only have a limited amount of time to chat with us, so one interview may naturally be shorter from another, but as a whole they will remain the same - if not get longer ...

Videos are very space consuming -- and time consuming in the editing bay.

Actually, it was not that difficult to get Mr. Flanigan. My normal contact source doesn't have Joe's info listed, but our friends at London Film and Comic Con were more than happy to exchange info with me so that I could get ahold of him. The tricky part was catching him in the states! Obviously they're on hiatus, and I was not told that he was going to be in New York, let alone outside of the West Coast!! So here I am, snoozing, and Joe leaves a message on my answering machine, then calls my cel phone. I'm in Central time. I was expecting the interview in three hours, and he's an hour ahead of me!

Obviously things worked out in the end.
                *faints at idea of Joe leaving message on answering machine*

Sorry wrong thread...
                Last edited by Darren; 04 January 2005, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

Sorry wrong thread...
                  *Pulling out smelling salts* Feel better Astro??

Thank you David - appreciate all the hard work you and all the Gateworld folks do for us fans.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

Sorry wrong thread...
                    Yeah my mom said "Save it! Save it!"

I said "Mom, I've already saved answering machine tapes with David DeLuise and Amanda Tapping. We're running out of micro-cassettes!!"

Comment

Yeah my mom said "Save it! Save it!"

I said "Mom, I've already saved answering machine tapes with David DeLuise and Amanda Tapping. We're running out of micro-cassettes!!"
                      Your Mom has great taste!

And oh yes, thanks for the interview..

Comment

Auction it off at GW. I’m sure you’d get more than enough to buy plenty of extra cassettes. Just a thought.

Though the tape would be useless with out the machine, but I’m sure some industrious fan could find one unless you’re willing to part with the answering machine as well.

Though the thought of having David's answering machine is better than having some old tape with Joe or Amanda or DDL on it anyway. Who are those people? I'm not sure how we'd pry the one of Amanda from your hands.

*can’t contemplate the possibility of taping over Joe’s message*

Oh and excellent interview with Joe. Keep up the great work.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Nice interview. Joe comes across as very thoughtful about himself, his family and the show. I like that he's thinking ahead. Small criticism of the audio interview: I ended up switching off the audio and just reading it because I could hear David very well and Joe just barely. Perhaps some mixing of the tape wouldn't go astray?

Comment

I do apologize for the difference of volume and have found a way to correct the problem from now on. Thanks for your comment!

Comment

That was a cool interveiw
                              Especially for me because I LOVE Sheppard/Joe so as soon as I saw it on www.joeflanigan.info I was like zoom.
                              Well, I gotta get back to the site and read/listen to the other interveiws...
                              Later, peeps

PJ1

Comment

Working...
                              X