No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: David DeLuise (Pete)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that whether we like him (Pete) or not is irrelevant. Because of the way TPTB introduced him to the whole SG-thing by showing him, well almost everything, I will be very disappointed if they did not follow up on that……S/J, S/P whatever, just something!
    SkyDancer

Comment

Originally posted by David
      I think they kept their mouths shut because they knew they'd be followed by security for the rest of the event
      Or perhaps because they weren't CN-haters? I've seen people *admit* to being Jonas haters, Pete haters, even (unfortunately) MS haters, but never seen anyone throw the (metaphorical) vitriol at CN or at DDL even behind their backs, so it doesn't surprise me that CN didn't get hassled at cons, and I see no reason to worry for DDL.

If anyone is such an infant as to confuse PS with DDL then they'll probably think GateCon must be in Colorado Springs and hence not make it to the con, so no worries that they'll create havoc

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by David
        After getting off the horn with David [DeLuise] I gave a buzz to Richard over at Gatecon. He says David is not on the list.

Gee that really breaks my heart.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, c'mon everyone - Pete's cool. Besides, is Sam supposed to wait for Gen. Jack forever?? The girl's got needs and her other love interests have not fared very well ... Besides, besides: he's cute and his wit makes me smile. I was really shocked when I first heard all this "stalker" stuff. Never occurred to me. Exceptionally curious maybe, but stalker? People really have to get a grip! I'd be very pleased if they kept him on a good long time and made Jack grapple with being such an emotionally challenged guy. Lots of great side stories could come of this, if only Pete lives long enough. LET HIM LIVE!!! I feel a petition coming on. Nah, I'm over it - I have a life. (But I'd still like Pete around.)

Comment

Well, there isn't a petition, but if you haven't noticed, David (one of the mods) is gathering fan mail to send off to David DeLuise so he won't think that ALL fans hate him/Pete. You can find David's post here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Well, there isn't a petition, but if you haven't noticed, David (one of the mods) is gathering fan mail to send off to David DeLuise so he won't think that ALL fans hate him/Pete. You can find David's post here.
              I just want to say I hope that David Deluise has been in this business long enough to know that not all fans of Star Gate have any problem understanding that Pete is the character and David is the actor and we don't mix up the two.

He seems to be very tongue -in- cheek about the whole thing and that leads me to believe that he knows not to take this whole thing to seriously either.
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

You can know something with the logical part of your brain, but that doesn't necessarily mean that something feels true...

Comment

Well I hope that the remarks from TPTB don't convey all the views of the people that have been on the show. Just as I hope that negative mail from some fans doesn't convey views from all of us fans. I hope David knows and understands that in the business he is in
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 July 2004, 06:56 PM.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I'm sure DDL is intelligent enough to figure that out and to realize the distinction between character hate and actor hate, but I'm sending him a letter anyway. Just because you KNOW not everyone hates you/your character doesn't mean that it isn't still nice to get mail from people who DO like you/your character.

Comment

Very true and that is a nice thing to do if it is heart felt. I just hope that people are doing it for that reason.

Comment

Since Davey is screening them, I'm confident that anyone who comes off as patronizing or otherwise less than sincere will not be having their letter included in the packet.

Comment

Yep David is a good guy for doing that.

Comment

So far everyone's been terrific. I'm very pleased with a lot of the letters that are being sent to him. Nice to see some friendly, good-willed folks out in the Forums.

Comment

Working...
                            X