Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, a CMS will allow for exactly the "big changes" David was alluding to. It will make it possible for all my minions to publish content to the site themselves, rather than requiring me to be the funnel for every bit and byte.

We're currently poking at OpenCMS, but David also forwarded me the link to Mambo (I think from you!). We'll check 'em both out. This is a long-term change, though, and once we decide on a system we won't begin a conversion of the site until early 2005.

Darren
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
      Yep, a CMS will allow for exactly the "big changes" David was alluding to. It will make it possible for all my minions to publish content to the site themselves, rather than requiring me to be the funnel for every bit and byte.
      That's really very cool!

Gateworld is such a huge site with so much news and content, it's amazing you've kept up with it so far!

You should go on holidays or something after this. Give your typing fingers a rest

I hear Vancouver is nice...

We're currently poking at OpenCMS, but David also forwarded me the link to Mambo (I think from you!). We'll check 'em both out. This is a long-term change, though, and once we decide on a system we won't begin a conversion of the site until early 2005.

Darren
      Yep that was me.

I haven't actually tried it out, but I'm told it's one of the better ones.

I'm sure whatever you end up deciding, it will be a huge improvement and suit gateworld very well.

Comment

All of the efforts you have seen thus far have been that of one man putting data to the site. Darren. Imagine three or four of us.

It's scary, even to me.

Comment

Originally posted by David
          All of the efforts you have seen thus far have been that of one man putting data to the site. Darren. Imagine three or four of us.

It's scary, even to me.
          Well if it means quadruple the content.....

then consider me excited!

Comment

One thing I have found to be useful for webmasters when it comes to site content and news posting, etc., is using a system that allows a person to log on and allows them to update the news real-time

A good example of this system is JediKnight.net

On the site, I can easily add news, change/edit existing news, or delete (though I have yet to delete or see a news post deleted). I can also post pictures easily enough with the curret setup. It really works well if you are planning to add news posters.

There is also a system that JK.net/Lucasfiles uses that I think may have been made "in-house" but it really works well for uploading anything (wallpapers, files in general...)
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
            X