Who To Chat With?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Oh, they're boring! Besides, we can talk to them here. I like the "at the podium" idea, tho I don't know how practical it would be. You'll always end up with a few "mic hogs".
    LOL...We could use Darren, David or the Mods as *Test Subjects* to work out the best way to do it

That might be kind of fun
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      LOL...We could use Darren, David or the Mods as *Test Subjects* to work out the best way to do it
      Ooooo, would we get to experiment on them?? That would indeed be oodles of fun! *grabs syringes and a bone saw* When do we start?

Comment

Oh, they're boring! Besides, we can talk to them here. I like the "at the podium" idea, tho I don't know how practical it would be. You'll always end up with a few "mic hogs".
        *looks at Shadow's post count*
        so, you're saying "some" people around here like to talk a lot then??

Actually, I kinda like that idea. Would get VERY confusing if it was a total free for all, but this way we could all feel more involved in the chat. I think a few pre-submitted questions would be good to get the ball rolling.

Comment

Ooooo, would we get to experiment on them?? That would indeed be oodles of fun! *grabs syringes and a bone saw* When do we start?
          Now how did I know you would just really get into the spirit of things so quickly

*Grabbing my Grouch Marx Cigar* "Noirse, Noirse ..Let the experimenting begin"
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

That might be kind of fun
            I like that idea.

Comment

maybe not. not if each person was permitted only one question until all of the pre-subbed questions had been asked, and no one else in the room had a 'first' question to ask.

maybe a combo of 'pre submitted' questions in a thread....which could be combined for clarity's sake. In other words, if three people all asked tom mcbeath what it was like to make 'it's good to be king', that quetion can only be asked once.

if pre-subbed questions were posted in a thread, then everyone can see what was subbed and could come prepared to the chat to have thier question asked, and if they run out of questions, the floor could be opened

I persnally prefer that to the 'secretly subbed' questions
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it would be really neat to chat with the actor who plays Rya'c. I mean, the kid practically grew up on the show (in bits and pieces of course).

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                  I think it would be really neat to chat with the actor who plays Rya'c. I mean, the kid practically grew up on the show (in bits and pieces of course).
                  In bits and pieces?? Eeewww....

Yeah, Rya'c would be cool. Maybe Cassie, too. The "older" one, anyway. I know there are certain issues about interviewing/chatting with kids, but the one with Michael Welch seemed to go well enough.

And I still think Alexis Cruz could be fun, even if it's been a while since he's been on the show. *sigh*

Comment

I think the Holy Grail of a Stargate chat would definately have to be Richard Dean Anderson. I can't believe nobody has suggested him yet?!

Yes, I know he doesn't do the whole "fan" thing, but I spose it's just a small hurdle. Not to sound like a dork, but just imagine if you were the one could get RDA's one and only "Stargate" interview, you would be considered a god among fandom!

This sounds like an open challenge to someone...
                    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

David already mentioned that the *Lead* characters were a *given* as far as wanting them for a chat ...so we were asked to recommend others

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                        I think the Holy Grail of a Stargate chat would definately have to be Richard Dean Anderson. I can't believe nobody has suggested him yet?!

Yes, I know he doesn't do the whole "fan" thing, but I spose it's just a small hurdle. Not to sound like a dork, but just imagine if you were the one could get RDA's one and only "Stargate" interview, you would be considered a god among fandom!

This sounds like an open challenge to someone...
                        Of course D&D would love to get RDA in. But they're also aware that he's not the be all and end all.
                        In fact I know of a couple of people who would prefer if some of the other people on the show got some credit.

And I sincerely doubt that RDA would agree to do an internet chat. If anything it would have to be a phone interview. If we're lucky.
                        It's not really anything against him, he just seems incredibly busy. For good reason. So I say, go for the underdogs. RDA would be really interesting - but if his video diary is anything to go by, he's not much of a talker.

And actually, there have been a number of interviews with RDA about stargate.. You just have to search around a bit on the net.

ETA: In fact, the earlier suggestion I had about the indirect route of questions through a mod came from a transcript i read of RDA chatting with the fans.
                        I think it was a season six ep he was shooting at the time, so he had to keep leaving the computer and had someone else to fill in the time for him.
                        Was interesting. But still, we want someone new.
                        Last edited by Jafana; 15 September 2004, 06:47 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Comment

There's also the fact that RDA doesn't like computers.

I'd rather see the secondary people, anyway. EVERYONE interviews/chats with the big names, it'd be nice for the other guys to get a shot. You might actually learn something NEW.

Comment

how about some of the atlantis folks?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know that PDL has already been suggested, but from what I read online he's just way too funny not to interview/chat with. I do agree the chat would have to have a mod to keep the chatters in line. As for Atlantis folks.. maybe the scottish doctor. I dont remember his name off hand and i'm too lazy to go look up his name right now.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                              MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                                You have to understand that Richard is extremely difficult to pin down. If and when we finally do get him we will expend our time with him in a manner that will satisfy the largest chunk of GateWorld's fandom, a well-thought-out program.

Comment

Working...
                                X