Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    Nice interview.

I really like how Amanda said if she could make an episode, it would be about the characters just fishing or camping or something normal like that. Some of my favorite moments on SG are the little interpersonal ones-friendship, shippy, whatever. I know it's not really SG-1, but I'd love to sit there and watch an episode like that!

Thanks Sky!!
    What's neat about her is that she really gets how we appreciate those kinds of moments. I love how she talks about how much she misses Daniel and the closeness Sam and Daniel and Teal'c had. I'm glad that she hints we'll get some small moments but I'm disappointed that it seems to be all we'd get...little moments.

I love her openness too. She seems truly ready to move on from the show. My interpretation is that she's disappointed that they didn't really show Carter as the team leader and that it would have been neat seeing her in that environment...a sentiment I share.

I'm cautiously optimistic about seeing her in Atlantis and hope they make good use of her talents...and I also like that she as an actor understands that there are some who won't appreciate her being there but isn't twisting herself into knots worrying about it because no matter what happens...not everyone will like it.

She's got a good head on her shoulders, that one.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Who/what are the Samandans?? Some kind of Sam clique?
      They're a gang over on the north side of the Characters and Relationships section of the forum. Historically they peddled in the usual stuff--silly posters, various multi-media ventures, artwork, etc., and in the most serious cases, full-blown fan fiction. Mods have always been lax in that neighborhood, probably both cowed by the awful reputation of Samanda (as they've so named their territory) and unwilling to put an end to their menace due to the fact that at least one of the mods is on the take. I've done some deep cover work there in the past, and can personally attest to their insidiousness. I don't think they trust me any longer; I've aroused too many suspicions with some of my more heretical views. It's an environment of fear....first I was afraid to go in, now I'm afraid to get out.

Be wary.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
        They're a gang over on the north side of the Characters and Relationships section of the forum. Historically they peddled in the usual stuff--silly posters, various multi-media ventures, artwork, etc., and in the most serious cases, full-blown fan fiction. Mods have always been lax in that neighborhood, probably both cowed by the awful reputation of Samanda (as they've so named their territory) and unwilling to put an end to their menace due to the fact that at least one of the mods is on the take. I've done some deep cover work there in the past, and can personally attest to their insidiousness. I don't think they trust me any longer; I've aroused too many suspicions with some of my more heretical views. It's an environment of fear....first I was afraid to go in, now I'm afraid to get out.

Be wary.
        Wonder if this post will disappear now too?
        sigpic

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by prion
          Who/what are the Samandans?? Some kind of Sam clique?

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post

Be wary.
          well, not that i venture much into actor discussion threads due to the intensity of the fans,but thanks for answering. I'm just very surprised that my post with the simple question was deleted from this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
            Is it me or does she subtely acknowledge that she doesn't like the Vaniel storyline and Mitchell in charge ???
            I gathered that, too...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              What's neat about her is that she really gets how we appreciate those kinds of moments. I love how she talks about how much she misses Daniel and the closeness Sam and Daniel and Teal'c had. I'm glad that she hints we'll get some small moments but I'm disappointed that it seems to be all we'd get...little moments.
              I really liked that, too.

I thought she was hinting about small Sam and Teal'c moments? Or was she talking about all three?

Maybe I need to go back and give it another listen/read...

Comment

Great job, Sky.

I'm always impressed at how Amanda so eloquently manages to juggle her priorities with answers that remain pleasing to the majority of fandom. Her responses are always thoughtful and fair. She remains one of my favorite interviewees.

Comment

she was very nice to interview...and did a good job with nervous me

hey, at least i managed to not spill the tea. that's a plus
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Loved the interview Sky! It was interesting to hear her perspectives about the show. It seemed like she wanted more of 'SG-1: Off Duty' or 'Stargate: Off Duty' where characters and/or relationships could have been told.

Comment

Kudos, Denise, for keeping your cool while interviewing one of your favorites.

Great interview. AT seemed very candid in her answers and really said a lot of what other fans have said, regarding Daniel/Sam's relationship.

I hope the Atlantis fans cut her some slack. Atlantis exists because characters like Carter made this a strong enough franchise to support a sequel.

I think she'd do fine as girly and sexy--Amanda, don't underestimate yourself!

I think every actor so far (ok, the actresses) have indicated they'd like more of the character moments. I think part of that is that actors actually get to act when they're relating to other characters/actors.
                      Last edited by esoap524; 08 January 2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

i think the character moments are the most fun to act. It gives them more to do than just standing there, reciting lines.

going by what i've seen with actors on stage, they tend to have a 'better' time of it if there are two of them up there, interacting and playing off each other. I can only presume that it applies to in front of the camera as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i think the character moments are the most fun to act. It gives them more to do than just standing there, reciting lines.

going by what i've seen with actors on stage, they tend to have a 'better' time of it if there are two of them up there, interacting and playing off each other. I can only presume that it applies to in front of the camera as well
                          Precisely what I meant...not to say they aren't acting when there's action and stuff. It just seems like AT expresses that as one of her regrets and I know CB expressed that as one of hers as well in an interview done a few months ago. I'm not sure about the guys--Ben seems to like the "boy" stuff (his words) but I know from his FS days that he also appreciated the show's tags because they were always the character moment wrap up.

I'll tell you what--if that had been Claudia sitting across from me for an interview, all you'd have heard was "errrr...ummm..." out of the interviewer.

Comment

lol, well there was a bit of a fast heart beat and a 'omg, do NOT act like a putz' going on in my head.

but then i got over it. and after the next weekend, when i got to sit next to rick...hey, if i can sit 3 inches away from 'da man' and not make a total ass of myself, i can do about anything

they're people just like we are...they just look really pretty and have really, really cool jobs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              lol, well there was a bit of a fast heart beat and a 'omg, do NOT act like a putz' going on in my head.

but then i got over it. and after the next weekend, when i got to sit next to rick...hey, if i can sit 3 inches away from 'da man' and not make a total ass of myself, i can do about anything

they're people just like we are...they just look really pretty and have really, really cool jobs

I'm shallow--all the pretty would just shut down my brain cells

I know they're all nice...it'd just be difficult, it seems.

Comment

Eleanor of Aquitaine's pretty far from Sam. I'd love to see AT do that role.

Great interview

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X