Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main Page Suggestion: iTunes Selling SG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Page Suggestion: iTunes Selling SG.

I, today, about 2 hours ago, just found out that iTunes has started selling Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis episodes. I was extatic (sp?), I had missed the first 3 season 10 episiodes and was VERY happy to finnally see flesh and blood.

I'm not really sure if there was a form for front page material, or to e-mail you (darren), so here I am.

I think it would be extremely benefitting to many fans if maybe you could put the news about iTunes on the brand spanking new front page. I know it would make a bunch of fans happy.

Yours Truely,

Colonel Sharp
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

I was wondering how much is it per ep and is it subtitled?

Comment

$1.99 per episode or $37-ish for the season. I don't think it's subtitled.

and P.S.- its on the front page now.

Comment

I have itunes, do I need an ipod video to download them? I can't seem to find them, I live in the UK.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

As long as you have the latest version of iTunes, you do not need a video iPod to download them. You can always just watch them on your computer (as I do )

As for the UK, I didn't think there was any kind of difference in iTunes country to country, but who knows, there might be. Just to be sure, SG is under TV Shows then Sci Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
            As long as you have the latest version of iTunes, you do not need a video iPod to download them. You can always just watch them on your computer (as I do )

As for the UK, I didn't think there was any kind of difference in iTunes country to country, but who knows, there might be. Just to be sure, SG is under TV Shows then Sci Fi.
            found it but i had to tell it that i lived in the US
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

it does matter, sadly.

We UK people can access the US store - look at the 30s previews but cannot download them. We can only get stuff from the UK store.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Thanks Darren for adding it to the front page

And Jumper One is correct, you do not need a video iPod to download them. I don't even have one, I just watch them on my computer (The quality is exceptionally good).

So, yeah, I guess all you folks not in the US, just lie and say you are (note, I'm not liable for anyone's computer exploding and or consequences from lieing )
                Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 12 July 2009, 10:18 AM.
                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

To those from the UK, I think you'll be able to download Stargate on iTunes when the new eps were seeing here in the US, air their on Sky One in a few month or so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Please use this form to submit news tips. If they're only posted on the forum, there's no guarantee I'll ever see them.

Thanks!
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                      it does matter, sadly.

We UK people can access the US store - look at the 30s previews but cannot download them. We can only get stuff from the UK store.
                      If you tell it you live in the US, how does it know you're in the UK? Is there a differnce in IPs or something?

Comment

When you give iTunes your credit card details, it knows where in the world you are based. You cannot just change store and purchase another countries content, it'll query the credit cards location.

This is all down to licensing and distribution deals between the music companies and with TV companies.

Sky would lose loads of money if people in the UK were buying content from the US before it came out over here, every body it seems wants to control the content for each company.

iTunes nearly had the chance to be a non regionalised online store but the music companies (it started with them) wouldn't allow 1 price for 1 world. They don't do it with cd's, hence the reason why people in the US generally pay less for a cd and we get fleeced here in the UK.

Comment

I don't think it's subtitled.
                          So bad, as I'm not skilled enough in english to understand all people are saying to drop the subtitles. Oh, well, maybe the french Apple Store don't sell them yet...

Good news whatever.

Comment

At $37 per season, why not just go ahead and get the DVDs? They can be had for a few dollars cheaper than that.

Then you can just transfer them to your iPod.
                            "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
                            - Master Bra'tac

Comment

Well, you got to wait for the DVD'sto come out, w/ itunes its not that big a wait.

Also, Darren, thanks for the credit under the article, now I feel special
                              sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                              X