GW Interviews Without Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GW Interviews Without Spoilers

about half a year ago i decided to stop reading spoilers, unfortunatly that also ment that i had to stop reading most of the interviews and other news reports on gateworld because of the minor spoilers most of them have

i was wondering if it was possible to have next to the original interview or other news also to have a spoiler free version of that same interview

i know i'm asking alot here but i just wanted to let you the decision makers know about my thoughts on this

the best thing to do is ask someone who has watch or listened to the interview and ask them if there are spoiler or not that's what i do
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I know what you're going through -- believe me. I decided to go spoiler-free at about the same time you did, and since then I have strived to keep spoilers to a minimum in my pieces -- to the chagrin of my business partner. Frankly, my enjoyment of the episodes has doubled.

Unfortunately spoilers are a fact of life these days -- particularly in interviews with cast members, writers & producers about unreleased shows. You can't NOT ask them about something that's upcoming, and the in's and out's of each of these pieces makes it far too complicated to rework it for a spoiler-free version.

But keep this in mind: When we're on set, all of our interviews -- minus those with Brad and Robert -- are moderated by a publicity agent who keeps major spoilers off official record (Hence, we often will know much about what's coming but have agreed not to reveal it). Because of this, almost all new interviews will contain minor spoilers -- things you'll likely pick up in the plot summary of TV guide. Bylines for episodes, et cetera. In other words, not a huge deal and nothing that will change your overall enjoyment of a show.

Another thing I can recommend is to log in to an interview and go straight to the bottom. If it's by "D. Read" -- me -- it's generally more reflective, with appetite-wetting moments exploring the new season. If it's by "D. Sumner," you're almost guaranteed to get a larger quest for unreleased content in that piece.

I can guarantee you that there are some great interviews coming down the pipe -- Kavan Smith and Garwin Sanford to name two -- that contain no spoilers that I can recall. If there isn't any kind of warning in the opening paragraphs of the piece, you're all set.

This is as much as I can offer at this point. We simply don't have the manpower, or -- alas -- the overwhelming urgency from the public, to do this right now.

Comment

I don't like spoilers neither .... Actually I do all I can to preserve myself from it but unfortunately, I'm often exposed to them by accident ... reading a message from someone and damn, I read a spoiler
        Gilles
        http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
        Ben Browder interview
        Beau Bridges interview

Comment

I'd say we'll definitely take the suggestion under advisement. As David said, right now we're a bit overwhelmed and understaffed for the current workload.

But GateWorld 2.0 comes with a new content management system to run the back end, which will free us up greatly to devote ourselves to content rather than menial tasks. That could make something like spoiler-free interviews possible down the road.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
          X