Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this wonderful interview. I appreciate AT's candor about how she felt uncertain about her place at the beginning of last year and it's good to hear that she's feeling more comfortable now. It was also a pleasure to read that she and CB are determined to make sure that Sam and Vala's relationship doesn't fall victim to that old, tired cliche of women being at each other's throats. Both are talented enough to pull off the non-verbal cues of respect and perhaps friendship for each other. You go, ladies!
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

great interview

And they ended up cutting it from the episode because the episode was about 12 minutes over, this episode. So it was, of course, one of the first things to go -- those little scenes that don't drive the story forward. But just so the fans know, it was there. And, sadly, the producers had to cut it. And I understand why they did.

Well, wouldn't that be nice? I hope so. In fact, I talked to Joe Mallozzi and I said, "You know, I think Carter's a lot funnier than you guys are letting on." Of course, not everyone can be funny. The show's not a comedy. But they are writing some things for me now; and Joe knows my background is comedy. So they're writing some stuff, and I think it will come out. More and more the humor will come out.
      about time

i really enjoyed this interview amanda is great ...season 10 going to be great
      Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 28 May 2006, 11:25 AM.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's too bad those little character moments are always the first to go...we can always hope for deleted scenes on DVD, right? Coming from the FS fandom, I know that was always an issue for them too, cutting character stuff that didn't really move the story itself along; I'm sure it's the same for every show (think how much stuff must end up on the cutting room floor of, say, "24").

Thank you so much for the interview. Every time I read an Amanda Tapping interview, I'm more impressed with her than before. I'm new to the SG1 universe but, what little I knew of it, I always liked Sam, the fact that although she's beautiful, she still looks like a real person, that she was smart, held her own with the boys and definitely had a sense of humor lurking about, even if she didn't get the cute lines like O'Neill (whom I've never liked, sorry).

I'm in the camp of hoping we get a lot of "girl" moments between Vala and Carter. I like both actresses immensely, I like the vast differences in their appearances, the way they sound, move and the characters themselves, and also that there's probably a lot more common ground than we might think.

Most women I know have absolutely no problem getting along with other women in a work environment. This should be no different. Kudos to both Ms. Black and Tapping for pushing for that type of situation.

Comment

great interview, Amanda is so straight forward and glad she is for the female friendly angle instead of the *****y angle

Comment

Thanks for the interview Darren. I always like reading Amanda's interviews, she seems such a nice person

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Yep, ditto on all of the above. Thanks for the interview, guys.

Comment

Great interview, Darren.

It seems to me that a friendship between Sam and Vala would be a lot more fun than a conflict. Buddy moments can be really funny. Fighting between Sam and Vala would likely lead to fighting between their fans. If that happens, I'll have to cover my ears and sing "Mary had a little lamb" really loudly, since I like both characters.

Comment

thanks for the interview, darren!

with amanda, she could just recite the yellow pages and i'd be trying to buy the transcript.

amanda rules! great interview.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Why is there never any audio interviews with Amanda? I wanna hear her beautiful voice.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                      Thanks for this wonderful interview. I appreciate AT's candor about how she felt uncertain about her place at the beginning of last year and it's good to hear that she's feeling more comfortable now. It was also a pleasure to read that she and CB are determined to make sure that Sam and Vala's relationship doesn't fall victim to that old, tired cliche of women being at each other's throats. Both are talented enough to pull off the non-verbal cues of respect and perhaps friendship for each other. You go, ladies!

I agree completely. I'm glad that Amanda feels at ease this season. I hope we really do see a much more cohesive team in season 10.

Thanks, Darren, for the interview! As others have said, Amanda is a class act!

Comment

Originally posted by lissa1000
                        Great interview, Darren.

It seems to me that a friendship between Sam and Vala would be a lot more fun than a conflict. Buddy moments can be really funny. Fighting between Sam and Vala would likely lead to fighting between their fans. If that happens, I'll have to cover my ears and sing "Mary had a little lamb" really loudly, since I like both characters.
                        Ditto, with knobs on
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I am so relieved that they aren't going to play Sam and Vala as rivals. I was a bit worried about that. It's just so tired. The interview also shows that the actors are aware too of when things seem to be just a bit off and things with Carter were last year. Especially the first few eps she came back.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            The interview also shows that the actors are aware too of when things seem to be just a bit off and things with Carter were last year. Especially the first few eps she came back.
                            In a way, though, that was good only because it's realistic. If a person comes back to a workplace and things have changed, you are going to feel a bit off-kilter. As you note, the first few eps were off and, after that, she got her feet back.

I'm really looking forward to Carter/Vala and hope we get lots of it.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                              Thanks for the interview Darren. I always like reading Amanda's interviews, she seems such a nice person
                              It was great to read, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                I am so relieved that they aren't going to play Sam and Vala as rivals. I was a bit worried about that. It's just so tired. The interview also shows that the actors are aware too of when things seem to be just a bit off and things with Carter were last year. Especially the first few eps she came back.
                                yeah, i'm glad they seem to be avoiding that cliche
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X