Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Torri Higginson (Elizabeth Weir)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, PG15- it may not be new, but I'm a scavenger, I'll take what scraps of pieces I can find...I love hearing her talk about anything, which is a rather sad statement on how easy I am, but still.

Oh, and I wish TPTB had believed the same thing as Torri says, '...we're perfect as we are! La la la, my little bubble!' *sighs*
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
      Thanks, PG15- it may not be new, but I'm a scavenger, I'll take what scraps of pieces I can find...I love hearing her talk about anything, which is a rather sad statement on how easy I am, but still.

Oh, and I wish TPTB had believed the same thing as Torri says, '...we're perfect as we are! La la la, my little bubble!' *sighs*
      Well, apparently she's working on a guest spot on CSI: NY right now.

Comment

why do all teh stargate actors keep going on that crappy show?? :\

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          why do all teh stargate actors keep going on that crappy show?? :\
          Ahaha, I've never had much use for CSI myself [not that I don't like crime, but I like crime shows with *personality* rather than blah-ness]. But if it keeps Torri working and gives me a chance to see her do something, then I'm happy. I'm just ignoring the fact that I never willingly watch the show!

Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

I find CSI a much better quality TV show than Atlantis currently is. It certainly means a lot of exposure, being on a show watched by 15 times more people than SGA.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
              CSI a much better quality TV show than Atlantis currently is.
              yeah true, probably why the producers have decided to change things up for season 4 to make it leet.
              Last edited by Agent_Dark; 03 September 2007, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I find CSI a much better quality TV show than Atlantis currently is. It certainly means a lot of exposure, being on a show watched by 15 times more people than SGA.
                Are you talking about exposure for Torri specifically? Because that's what made me happy. I'm such a hypocrite- I don't really watch the show, but as soon as I heard she'd be on it, I was gleeful for her because as you say, more exposure for whoever features on it. It's more 'commercial', rather than 'cult'. And for the snobs I know who are all 'sci-fi sucks', I can then point at her performance in one of the more successful franchises of the moment and tell them to stow it. Hehehe.

Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

This is great news that Torri has snagged on role on CSI. All three CSI's are consistent ratings powerhouses. Hopefully her work will be better appreciated than the proverbial "finger" directed her way by the SGA PTB. And if she is on NY, she'll get to work with Gary Sinise who is a terrific actor. He's even got some sci fi cred, having been in Imposter and Mission to Mars. Okay, so it ain't Blade Runner or Alien, but still . . . . LOL.
                  sigpic

Comment

Aha, someone who thinks the same way I do! I really didn't care about the show itself, just the fact that it was popular and would make her look good. [Even if it is only for one ep]

I wonder what the CSI PTB think about all the Torri fans being giddy over them casting her? They'd probably be offended if they read my posts that the show itself doesn't matter, just the fact that they chose her...*backflips* No, CSI is an amazing show, great plot, great characters, wonderful talented writers...

Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                      Are you talking about exposure for Torri specifically? Because that's what made me happy. I'm such a hypocrite- I don't really watch the show, but as soon as I heard she'd be on it, I was gleeful for her because as you say, more exposure for whoever features on it. It's more 'commercial', rather than 'cult'. And for the snobs I know who are all 'sci-fi sucks', I can then point at her performance in one of the more successful franchises of the moment and tell them to stow it. Hehehe.
                      Yes, it's good for Torri. I used to watch CSI Las vegas but now with Torri in the NY one, I'll familiarize myself with that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Here you go: http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...wavering.shtml

And man, when this showed up on the main forum page I nearly had a heart-attack; I thought this was a new interview, you see. Of course, if that were to actually happen, the forum will probably explode with activity thanks to what it may contain.
                        Me too! *L* I just saw the thread listed at the bottom of another thread (in the related threads section) and with new posts in it I thought, oh my a new interview! * ... [*censored version]
                        Could you imagine what a new Torri Higginson interview would probably do the place right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Implode it some more?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaceania View Post
                            Me too! *L* I just saw the thread listed at the bottom of another thread (in the related threads section) and with new posts in it I thought, oh my a new interview! * ... [*censored version]
                            Could you imagine what a new Torri Higginson interview would probably do the place right now.
                            I thought it might be new too when I pulled this up. Oh well. Oh, cute sig picture

Comment

Originally posted by Reaceania View Post
                              The same that happened when Torri visited the boards?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Implode it some more?
                                Is that possible? I mean, I'm mostly on the biomedical side of things but isn't there some law of physics that would violate?

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                I thought it might be new too when I pulled this up. Oh well. Oh, cute sig picture
                                Thanks!

The same that happened when Torri visited the boards?
                                Over load the server? *L*

Damn I'd love to see a new TH interview but it would probably be filled with so many gaps and unanswered questions:
                                So Torri what's instore for Dr Weir this year?
                                [SILENCE]

We've heard you wont be in every episode of Atlantis this year, can you tell us how many episodes you'll show up in?
                                [SOUND OF SOMEONE WHISTLING]

So ah, we've always noticed that there's this growing connection between Weir and Sheppard .. anything you want to tell us there?
                                [SILENCE]

How do you think Weir feels about the changes to the leadership on Atlantis?
                                [SOUND OF RUSTLING PAPER]

So, um how's your dog Sedgewick?
                                Ooo great thanks, except for that injury he sustained on ... um .. he's great, thanks for asking.
                                Last edited by Reaceania; 19 September 2007, 12:33 AM. Reason: d'Oh
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X