No announcement yet.

WANTED: News Writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to step on Darren's toes here but I'll also note that if anyone wants to work on Gateworld, either doing news items, or anything else really, capital letters help. Sentences start with capital letters. They have things like spelling, grammar and punctuation. Posting in a thread like this and not using them isn't going to help sell yourself.

Comment

... I'm 17 tomorrow...

Anyone got a time machine?

Nah, I can't write.

My sister could do it... But, alas, she has no formal training... And no drive...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I would love to work for Gateworld writing about Stargate. Unfortunately I have no formal training for writing, and my spelling and grammar are pretty bad at times.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

I can't write but if you ever need a proof reader then I'm your woman (despite that my mother tongue is Spanish!)

Comment

Out of curiosity, who maintains the copyright (and future copyright) of any submitted articles?

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/copyright.shtml
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                So does GW AND the author own copyright? If the author wants to reprint it elsewhere, or sell it, they can't without GW's permission, if I'm reading it right.

Comment

Thats what it says
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

thats cool :], when will we know who got the assignment?
                    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I think I'll apply when I'm 18 as it's only five weeks away. I sent off my CV to the University Magazine yesterday, so I'll see how that goes. And I have a lot of writing experience, so don't just expect everything I write to be like my fanfics (middle of the road, typos all over the place etc etc...)
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hmmm. Is this still active? Or did you get those that you need?

Z

Comment

Still active. I'll probably be shuffling through the interested folks in the next few days.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

grrrrr im only 13 i hate being 13 lol
                            Stargate SG1 Rox!!!

Comment

I don't suppose you could make an exception for a fourteen year old?

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                I think I'll apply when I'm 18 as it's only five weeks away. I sent off my CV to the University Magazine yesterday, so I'll see how that goes. And I have a lot of writing experience, so don't just expect everything I write to be like my fanfics (middle of the road, typos all over the place etc etc...)
                                If i were you i'd apply now, and explain the situation, :]
                                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                                X