INTERVIEW: Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was a great interview!
    Thanks so much to Darren and David and Joe!
    Joe did seem tired,(not surprising after a day like that), but he comes across as just an average,humble and normal guy, which is very refreshing.
    He also seems to appreciate the support of the fans, which is lovely too.
    sigpic

Comment

I've heard several times that Joe is quite the introvert. Remember that introverts expand a lot of energy when they deal with people, and recharge with solitude. Extroverts are the opposite - they draw energy from crowds and feel bored when they are alone. He obviously had a very long day and was quite drained.

As an introvert myself, I really admire him for doing these cons - it has to be nerve wracking and exhausting. Joe also seems to be just the average guy from the neighborhood. Refreshing change from the attitudes that other stars develop.

Very nice interview. Thanks guys!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Nice interview. Thank you!
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

If he was tired then I can understand completely

Kudos to Joe Flanigan
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Joe is a really, really nice guy -- though, as the early moments of this interview reveal, a challenging interview. He's not really one to pontificate (or elaborate, unprompted), and he doesn't like commenting on things he hasn't done or seen yet.

Darren

Comment

Is the server with the interviews offline? I've tried both high and low bandwidth links and it's not responding.

Comment

Try downloading it:

Right-click and select 'Save target as' or 'Save link as'
                High http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...gan02_high.wmv
                Low http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...igan02_low.wmv

It doesnt seem to stream in firefox
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Try downloading it:

Right-click and select 'Save target as' or 'Save link as'
                  High http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...gan02_high.wmv
                  Low http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...igan02_low.wmv

It doesnt seem to stream in firefox
                  Thanks!

Unfortunately I've tried that (and just did again for good measure) and it's as dead as a dodo. It's not even launching a "save as" file window.

Comment

Its working fine for me - I have just checked them both

If you are using firefox try using Internet Explorer
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      Its working fine for me - I have just checked them both

If you are using firefox try using Internet Explorer
                      Ta muchly- that did the trick!

Comment

Your welcome
                        love Torri

Comment

Love the interview, thanks to GW and Joe. I only think, that I noticed him being a little reserved because you mentioned it, cause he strikes me as a normal and cool guy, and I believe him being reserved, makes him more normal

Comment

Good Interview, although it wasn't the best one I've Listened to/Watched.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I've heard several times that Joe is quite the introvert. Remember that introverts expand a lot of energy when they deal with people, and recharge with solitude. Extroverts are the opposite - they draw energy from crowds and feel bored when they are alone. He obviously had a very long day and was quite drained.

As an introvert myself, I really admire him for doing these cons - it has to be nerve wracking and exhausting. Joe also seems to be just the average guy from the neighborhood. Refreshing change from the attitudes that other stars develop.

Very nice interview. Thanks guys!
                              Yeah, it was kinda funny he said "I'm a very social guy" or something, and yet he seemed very reserved...I guess he was just overworked from the convention...that happens sometimes (remember Galaxy Quest?)
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks David and Darren for all you do to keep us "Gating".

I saw the Joe's Vancouver con appearance just before that interview. Considering that it was his first solo flight I thought he was great. It would be exhausting to do that and then continue to be interviewed afterwards. In my book Joe's a real 'trooper' for doing cons. Looking foward to seeing him at another con in the future.

Again thanks to David and Darren too
                                sigpic
                                Vancouver 2010
                                Chicago 2010
                                Chicago 2011
                                Jack's CSM

Comment

Working...
                                X