Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

That interview was fantastic. Thank you so much for bringing it to us. Great questions, David's wonderful and you are really getting to be quite the professional with the camera and editing, etc.

Thanx again!

Comment

Thank you for your support - it really is a learning process and a development of the technology and software we're using. I can't tell you how excited I was when we switched to the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I must give a huge Thank You to the cast and crew for caring about us as much as they do.

Comment

Thanks guys! The vid seems to be working perfectly now No conflicts at all.

I love how David looks into the camera when he's talking, and "talks" to the fans. He's also one of the few people who are hugely physically different from their characters (Chris Judge is another - especially for early SG Teal'c), I have trouble associating the actor with the character - which is of course a massive compliment
          I'm really looking forward to s2 and seeing what trouble Zelenka can get himself into

I took some really great photos of him at the con (well, I thought they were good ), and actually gave him a CD copy - which considering how odd a thing to do that was, he was extremely gracious and chatted with us for a few mins Wonder if he found any use for them, or if the disk is enjoying life as a coaster (I don't mind, he can do as he wants with them!)

tee hee, ya gotta love the dimples!
          Last edited by kiwigater; 11 June 2005, 07:34 PM. Reason: cropped and lightened photos

Comment

David you do great work!! Felt like the three of us were sitting together having a neat conversation. You really know how to bring out the stuff we all want to know and show us the real person. Keep on doing the good things you're doing
            sigpic
            Vancouver 2010
            Chicago 2010
            Chicago 2011
            Jack's CSM

Comment

I loved the interview. And it's cool that DN sometimes lurks here. Hi David! You rock!

Lovely sig made by NewTrekker
              Thank you SG1 for ten awesome seasons!

Comment

I must say I full agree on his assesment on why Atlantis is so appealing. Although the Atlantis myth pins much hope for humanity (erroneously in my opinion), it doesn't hurt to hope that Atlantis was the occasion on which we got it right. I definitely like the fact that there is a mix of every skill set and attribute within Atlantis Command, and probably the show will last as long as they keep that in mind, and have the bravery to kill off a character we like (war sux remember) I think the show will be a defining moment in TV history.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

great interview David loved it... seems like you always get to have fun with all the interviews
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    I highly suggest watching the videos, even if you've already read the article. We've never had this much fun with a video interview. David took complete advantage of getting to talk one-on-one with you guys.
                    Indeed! Great interview, David. Nicely edited, too, although it's a tad disruptive how the DIVX logo keeps popping up every time you show a clip from the show (You know you can turn that off, right? )...
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Cool interview, cool person, cool actor! I fell more attached to Zelenka now, cant wait for his apperances in season two!

Comment

Whoo Thanks Gateworld!!!!!!

Great to know he survives the Siege and gets to go offworld in Season 2

Comment

Wonderful interview. As always...
                          Well put together... I thoroughly enjoyed it... David Nykl is delightful.

Wow... the accent...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I was so shocked, I was expecting a slight tint of a Russian accent but there you go. He was so enthusiastic and really seems to dig the entire Stargate Universe.

Hi DAVE!
                            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Yeah, he was really cool to meet. Now, I haven't met eeeeveryone off SG *shades of McKay "well, that's just silly, have you MET everyone?" * but he is the one that I most end up thinking "wow, what an awesome actor", just so physically and personally so different compared to his character.

Comment

Yep, he was very "cool" to meet and his down to earth personality and great sense of humor, were a treat. I too haven't met "everyone" from the SG franchise, and I know I never will, but David will always be one of my best memories, maybe because we were alone and just talked. I never felt he was anything but another person, relating experiences, asking questions and really listening to answers.

A great guy, a great actor and the interview showed that!
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X