Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I like the chats that some of us have on MSN and yahoo occasionally, but it'd be cool to just talk with a bunch of SG fans that go here who I never talked to. That'd be fun.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      Well, I like the chats that some of us have on MSN and yahoo occasionally, but it'd be cool to just talk with a bunch of SG fans that go here who I never talked to. That'd be fun.

Amen

Never a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        So what do you guys prefer IRC or Java?

There is an irc addon for firefox so firefox users wouldnt have to use a separate program but we would still have to learn the commands

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...info.php?id=16
        Ummm... Do you mean a Java IRC client? Its the same thing then

mIRC is what I use.

Comment

So what do you guys prefer IRC or Java?

There is an irc addon for firefox so firefox users wouldnt have to use a separate program but we would still have to learn the commands

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...info.php?id=16
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Oh dear, it seems Gateworld is going a bit screwy again lol

Comment

Yeah its a problem with the forum clock
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Ummm... Do you mean a Java IRC client? Its the same thing then

mIRC is what I use.
                No its a proper client called Chatzilla
                love Torri

Comment

How would something like Trillian come into play with that? *clueless about IRC*

Comment

Trillian supports IRC so you could connect using that
                    love Torri

Comment

I just tried using chatzilla to connect to the isohunt chat room but it got blocked by zonealarm - anybody know what to do?
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        I just tried using chatzilla to connect to the isohunt chat room but it got blocked by zonealarm - anybody know what to do?
                        its probably blocking a port you need. I'd uninstall it. Zonealarm is a POS (along with pretty much every other software firewall... )

Comment

I am not sure whether is is really ZoneAlarm it may be my routers nat firewall

Should I set up port forwarding and if so which ports?
                          love Torri

Comment

Err, actually, you shouldn't have forward any ports...
                            I can't see why your routers NAT would be blocking it either. Do any other IRC clients work?

Comment

Dont know - never used IRC before

I have emailed the creator of chatzilla he will probably know what the problem is
                              love Torri

Comment

alot of windows firewalls tend to block outgoing programs from accesing the net, so it could be stopping irc from connecting

a nat firewall however wouldn't block irc, as connecting to an irc server doesn't require any ports to be open or anything, its all done via an outgoing connection, and nat port forwarding is for incomming servers

one thing that irc sometimes does require an incomming connection, is for the use of identd, some servers wont let you connect without it
                                this would require port 113 to be forwarded

Dcc would also no work without forwarding any ports

Comment

Working...
                                X