No announcement yet.

dialing from a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say they were left as very obscure probes.

They left one in their home galaxy incase anyone wanted to contact them again

There was one in the Glastonbury cave possibly used by Merlin to observe the Ori.

The one in Pegasus was probably used incase someone from the MW survived the plaue through luck or a cure and wanted to let the Lanteans know

etc etc

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
      Though I would speculate that there would have been a room dedicated to communication stones on destiny when it was built because destiny predates their subspace technology.
      Destiny can use subspace communications .
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Sorry I meant predated their ability to broadcast through subspace over the what 20 to 30 galaxies between us and Destiny. Also I was watching Twin Destiny’s last night and I realised something, Destinys address has to change with each jump because Destiny was able to dial the other Destiny. If they had the same address when they tried to dial the first destiny they would have gotten a “busy tone” and wouldn’t have connected. . . . I hope people understood what I posted, it’s always hard to post about those kinds of episodes.
        sigpic

Comment

The local coordinates (7 chevrons) changed yes, inherent to each ships position in space.

If someone dialled the 9 chevron address from a galaxy where human beings have 57 toes 37 arms 4 heads and a symbiotic duck growing out of theyre heads it would still connect regardless, unless an established wormhole blocked the connection.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
            The local coordinates (7 chevrons) changed yes, inherent to each ships position in space.

If someone dialled the 9 chevron address from a galaxy where human beings have 57 toes 37 arms 4 heads and a symbiotic duck growing out of theyre heads it would still connect regardless, unless an established wormhole blocked the connection.

N.C
            off-topic
            Spoiler:
            1.5 toes for each hand , i like it

If there are 2 Destiny gates (sounds nice ) then i guess the 9 chevron will lock to the closest gate . For any other use read post #11 in this topic .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I think it would have connected to our Destiny over future Destiny, with the damage and the proximity to a star - dialling protocols anyone?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                I think it would have connected to our Destiny over future Destiny, with the damage and the proximity to a star - dialling protocols anyone?

N.C
                Well I think it’s safe to assume that if they had dialled the 9 chevron address at the time there were 2 Destiny’s that it would have connected to the non-damaged one that wasn’t being sucked into a star.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X