Drone tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
    Just like in that SG-1 episode where we traded heavy water for all their tech. (I forget the name of the episode, but it's season 4 I think.)
    That's it. The deployment was pure genius. Drop in a ship bristling with turrets and the turrets disengage and distance themselves from the mothership. Not only did you eliminate the opportunity to be one shot killed, you spread out those turrets beyond the capability of your enemy to simultaneously engage.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      That's it. The deployment was pure genius. Drop in a ship bristling with turrets and the turrets disengage and distance themselves from the mothership. Not only did you eliminate the opportunity to be one shot killed, you spread out those turrets beyond the capability of your enemy to simultaneously engage.
      I was thinking of the mind-controlled unmanned fighters, but that works too I guess.

You know those chairs with the green domes over the top?
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Yeah i know what you mean, had Rene Auberjonois playing the main badguy.

Its just an evolution of a carrier, unmanned carriers controlling more unmanned ships - personally i love the idea and thought the ships and designs were chel nok.

Heres a weird thought - what if they are the remnants of the planet builder race?

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Heres a weird thought - what if they are the remnants of the planet builder race?
          N.C
          Well, the spire would definitely fit in with the drones. Only problem is, the Faithliens sent the shuttle back to Destiny in it's fully restored state. This means they are constantly watching the Destiny.

Why then, would they turn around and try to destroy the Destiny?
          sigpic

Comment

Well, the spire would definitely fit in with the drones. Only problem is, the Faithliens sent the shuttle back to Destiny in it's fully restored state. This means they are constantly watching the Destiny.

Why then, would they turn around and try to destroy the Destiny?
            Stabbing well into the dark here, the only thing i can think of to explain that is that the Faith planet had life on it, Dr Cain and co, Destiny has life on it, maybe the Faith aliens can only see loving biological species where as machinery and AI they cant see?

N.C

Comment

maybe the Faith aliens can only see loving biological species where as machinery and AI they cant see?
              N.C
              Then they wouldn't have created a killing machine. (^.^)

No, I don't think the drones are from the Faithliens.
              sigpic

Comment

Living not loving lol, late night that was, Living people, like sensing emotions and the likes, much like how it seemed the Faith aliens found Dr Cain right as he was praying with all his remaining being for help.

N.C

Comment

Living not loving lol, late night that was
                  N.C
                  lol

Now it makes sense.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wish to infer the type of civilization made these drones, I think they may have intended to use these ships as an automated defense system for the worlds they inhabited.

Comment

Maybe a race fighting the faith aliens then..??

Comment

The faith aliens were in the previous galaxy, my theory is that before they ascended they were from the planet with the ruined city that Scott, Greer, Chloe and Eli got stranded on.

As for the Drones, I'm guessing at some point in the past the Drones creators were at war with another race and created the Drones to fight the war. Given how easily Rush and Eli reprogrammed the recognition code, I think that the creator's enemy did the same thing to some of the Drones and eventually both sides were completely wiped out and the Drones went dormant. That is until the poor old Ursini came along and woke them.

Comment

anyone notice the alien writing on the drone when it lit up? looked alot like one of the writings from the 4 great races meeting place crumbling into the sea, in SG-1

Comment

nobody mentioned the furlings. its one of the 4 races that was part of the 4 great races that made an alliance.
                            maybe the furlings managed to follow the destiny and choose to stay on one of those galaxy planets, new enemies come to destroy them and they did those drones to protect themselves.

or maybe the planet creators old race the remnants decided not to be founded by the ancients so they put half way those drones to destroy them. maybe instead of ascend they choose to for example pass their minds into replicators, or clone themselves as Asgards but with perfect clones. maybe the planet creators are the Asgards before they started to get that degenerative decease. like the body the asgards used to have in stasis with that alien looking as a mix of human and Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                              ya but isnt simple what every body said about every other machine? it has one basic purpose thats it then somthing goes wrong and bam replicators and cylons!
                              ....or Baileys!

Comment

One thing I wondered was;

When the Ursini sent a message back to their homeworld they got the Drone builder aliens(?) responding, indicating that they had taken over the Ursini homeworld. This would indicate a more complex society than just the attack drones we have encountered so far and a higher level of intelligence or AI involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X