Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the Seed Ships gather the materials for the gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgc View Post
    What I'm theorizing is that not each gate has the same ratio of naquadah to other superconductors. Some are naquadah > other, sometimes other = 0, others are other > naquadah. It's a mix depending on whatever materials are accessible to the ships. Sorry about the code, I'm a programmer
    My theory is that any Stargate that needs to be used and reused must be made of superconductive materials. Now, Naquadah has been stated in official cannon to be quite common amongst the universe so it's more than likely that each gate is made of that. However, it's also possible that some gates aren't made of Naquadah specifically. In those cases, a superconductive material is still required though.
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Phantasm View Post
      How do you suppose the gates were actually assembled once the mined minerals was refined and produced--By robot arms like we do with cars or like Captain Picard does when ordering his earl grey tea?? I’m still undecided. Are there any other thoughts? k!
      I am leaning more towards the Picard way..

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Phantasm View Post
        Yeah, seeing all those gates lined up row by row like an assembly line convinced me this manufacturing process is somehow done in-house.
        We don't even know the full design details of Destiny let alone the Seeder ships as well. The assembly line room we saw could have instead been a gate storage room?

There could be titanic rooms or even be entire section spaces on board the seeder ship designed to be like coal mining and production plants here on earth. Of course if mineral is being refined and gates are being stored in hangar rooms than rooms dedicated to the assembly of the gates are most surely on board the seeder ships as well. How do you suppose the gates were actually assembled once the mined minerals was refined and produced--By robot arms like we do with cars or like Captain Picard does when ordering his earl grey tea?? I’m still undecided. Are there any other thoughts?
        If you look at this image below the front gate is in the process of being assembled in what look like quarter sections

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ufacturing.png

My guess is the gate in manufactured in separate parts from resources gathered by the ship and “welded” together by robotic arms, as to how the gate is placed on the planet, it must be either via a shuttle or maybe at the end of the production line the gate is enclosed in a capsule and fired down from orbit, which unfolds to become the ramp.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 March 2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: tags changed on hotlinks .
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Being that it is an element afterall, Naquadah is bound to be found at least somewhere in every galaxy visited.
          Isn't it likely that the Seed Ship is able to store excess Naquadah in order to still make gates when there is no ready source to be found?

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
            If you look at this image below the front gate is in the process of being assembled in what look like quarter sections

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ufacturing.png

My guess is the gate in manufactured in separate parts from resources gathered by the ship and “welded” together by robotic arms, as to how the gate is placed on the planet, it must be either via a shuttle or maybe at the end of the production line the gate is enclosed in a capsule and fired down from orbit, which unfolds to become the ramp.
            I really love the capsule idea. It seems that they are manufactured in thirds, and then put together with some sort of Ancient device. However, they have slots in them, so they fit together to snap in place.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 March 2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: tags changed on requoted image from wikia.com

Comment

I hope we get to explore more of the seed ship in the second part of season 2, and see more of how the gates are manufactured, like how they extract and process Naquadah ore, something like the ore processors on Deep Space 9 would be cool and would fit in with the aesthetic of the ship.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._processor.jpg
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 March 2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: tags changed.
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

We dont know how the ancients mine materials, how they build structures/ships/devices, or there technological level at the time.

At that time they already had some type of matter conversion technology. ( Stargate 101 )

The lifts on the ship probably act like the rings.

So why can they use that technology to selectively transport minerals from astroids and reform them in stargate parts.
                Spoiler:
                On the last episode from Sg1 Carter was able to modify a transporter to create food and stuff.

I think it was on the episode earth, we know that when destiny is recharging the full power of the star is available. The seed ships can probably do the same.
                And with the power they could simple create the parts needed.

Comment

I actually think carter used the Asgard matter replicator for that.. not the transporter.

Comment

Garkhal is right, although it had the same SFX as the Transport beam - entirely different use.

How about the Stargates and bases are manufactured aboard ship from whatever the Seeder ship comes across, stored until used, then dropped in a flat pack (space IKEA) and either auto assembled themselves or a repair bot like the one that repaired the dome of Destiny is sent down to facilitate said screw, bolt and widget assembly.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I actually think carter used the Asgard matter replicator for that.. not the transporter.
                      the asgard matter replicator IS the transporter

but on the OT..... The seedships probably use a Bussard ramscoop to collect raw materials from interstellar dust. there were at least a dozen gates in the assembaly line so if the ship comes into a region with a low incidence of whatever material the gates are made of (naquida or other) the ship has some gates in reserve.
                      And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

the asgard matter replicator IS the transporter
                        No it isnt, the transporter is point to point energy transport, the matter energy converter utilised the ZPM energy to create solid matter objects. It USES an energy stream to materialise the matter which is why it has the same VFX and is derived from the transport beam, 2 different systems that just use the same energy stream

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          No it isnt, the transporter is point to point energy transport, the matter energy converter utilised the ZPM energy to create solid matter objects. It USES an energy stream to materialise the matter which is why it has the same VFX and is derived from the transport beam, 2 different systems that just use the same energy stream

N.C
                          You're both sort of right. Carter said "With a slight modification of the beaming technology, we have a matter converter". Watch Unending on Hulu to see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post

N.C
                            the mater converter was not using energy to create matter, it was using the asgard transport beam and the asgard core to take raw materials ant reorganize them on a molecular scale to create different objects (similar to how the replicator works on star trek)
                            And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

I'll take partially right.

Comment

maybe that's one of the reasons destiny is so beat up. the seed ships travel ahead, land on planets stir up the locals then when destiny shows up being larger and having more weapons it gets attacked out of fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X