X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StarGate is above and beyond the industry , they should do something better
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post

The sparks add excitement, some call it drama, to the ship-to-ship fight scenes. It makes the situation seem more dire.
      exactly, it's supposed to be exciting
      I know that when sparks fly in my house, it's pretty damned exciting

Originally posted by webxro View Post
      they should get at the feeling of imminent doom through the use of interpretive dance!
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

You'd think, but SG1 and SGA are both guilty of it. Why should SGU be held to a different standard?

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          You'd think, but SG1 and SGA are both guilty of it. Why should SGU be held to a different standard?
          Because they started with SGU trying to bring more people to see SG , so it should be at least a bit different
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Which is more exciting?

Spoiler:
            A man lies still in his bed, fast asleep. Beside him, the clock reads 2:09 am.

INTERCOM: Captain, you are needed on the bridge. The ship is under attack.

Captain: (groans) Give me 20 minutes. I'll roll out of bed, take a shower and be there soon.

The captain casually rolls over, rubs his eyes, and lets out a heavy sigh

Captain: Thank god for shields.

Or

Spoiler:
            A man lies still in his bed, fast asleep. Beside him, the clock reads 2:09 am. Suddenly, two brilliant flashes of lights strike the ship. The room lurches under the man, and sparks eject from the door panel

INTERCOM: Captain! We're under attack!

Another flash of light, another lurch. This time, a low growl can be heard from several decks below.

Captain: (Jumps out of bed) Damage report!

INTERCOM: We just lost deck 47C, hull breach!

Captain: Seal off the affected areas, I'm on my way to the bridge!

Three more blasts contact the ship. Inside, various panels overload and erupt sparks. Panels over head, along with the interior lights, burst into flame. A siren sounds.

*Spoiled to keep post box short*

The sparks add excitement, some call it drama, to the ship-to-ship fight scenes. It makes the situation seem more dire.
            Well obviously the latter, but that wasn't what I was getting at. I know they add excitement, but it breaks the realism for me because I'm trying to figure out why somebody has placed pyro on the ship and is setting it off, haha

Originally posted by coZma View Post
            I hate the sparks. They bothered me most in SGA and I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them.
            I'm glad I'm not the only one either, I thought I was over-thinking.

If you have a starship, it must shower sparks when attacked. It's practically an industry standard.
            Hahaha, so it's a feature, not a bug?

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            they should get at the feeling of imminent doom through the use of interpretive dance!
            SEE FOLKS! There's always and alternative. Except, Jennifer Spence (Dr. Park) said she isn't a good dancer xD.
            SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
            SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
            ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
            Spoiler:
            *beep*
            Young: "What the hell was that?"
            Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

OMG! Best idea! Instead of sparks shooting out, they should have quick bursts of green flames. It wouldn't make any sense, but still... haha.

Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                OMG! Best idea! Instead of sparks shooting out, they should have quick bursts of green flames. It wouldn't make any sense, but still... haha.
                I think it's a GREAT idea!
                sigpic
                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I think it's a GREAT idea!
                  Haha, apt signature

Spoiler:
                  *beep*

Comment

If you have a starship, it must shower sparks when attacked. It's practically an industry standard.
                    Yup. Just like the baddie always has to pontificate to the captured good guys, about his plans..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Yup. Just like the baddie always has to pontificate to the captured good guys, about his plans..
                      Everyone knows why they do the evil things they do: bragging rights
                      sigpic
                      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I think that it's odd that the lights that fry and spray sparks during a fight suddenly work again as soon as Destiny is no longer being fired upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakshaa View Post
                          I think that it's odd that the lights that fry and spray sparks during a fight suddenly work again as soon as Destiny is no longer being fired upon.
                          You could say that loose metal ends are scraping against eachother as the ship shakes causing sparks to fly out, but then you'd ask why this doesn't happen when there's turbulence.

Spoiler:
                          *beep*

Comment

Perhaps shields cant stop the whole blast wave or force - or whatever sciencey word is needed here - from passing through to the ship. The impacts on the shields overload something. Or perhaps we have no clue as to how to build an intergalactic spaceship and so dont know how there wired or why there wired that way.

I cant see why folks need an explanation for that, but Warp/Hyperdrives, energy shields, wormhole machines, the fact our tech seems to be able to intergrate perfectly fine with tech far beyond anything the guys at Sony or Dell could comprehend but crashes when you want to watch videos on youtube, 2 galaxy's full of English speakers (Mostly American English at that), Precognition, The fact that super advanced aliens who leave their crap everywhere forgot to leave much here, even though they seem to have spent a hell of a long time here, Going back and forth in time, coming back from the dead....a lot, Teleportation, Psychic stones and so on.

Spoilered for confusing science.
                            Spoiler:
                            Or perhaps Destiny is being shot at with Nintendos. Its common knowledge that they pass through everything
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                              Perhaps shields cant stop the whole blast wave or force - or whatever sciencey word is needed here - from passing through to the ship. The impacts on the shields overload something. Or perhaps we have no clue as to how to build an intergalactic spaceship and so dont know how there wired or why there wired that way.

I cant see why folks need an explanation for that, but Warp/Hyperdrives, energy shields, wormhole machines, the fact our tech seems to be able to intergrate perfectly fine with tech far beyond anything the guys at Sony or Dell could comprehend but crashes when you want to watch videos on youtube, 2 galaxy's full of English speakers (Mostly American English at that), Precognition, The fact that super advanced aliens who leave their crap everywhere forgot to leave much here, even though they seem to have spent a hell of a long time here, Going back and forth in time, coming back from the dead....a lot, Teleportation, Psychic stones and so on.

Spoilered for confusing science.
                              Spoiler:
                              Or perhaps Destiny is being shot at with Nintendos. Its common knowledge that they pass through everything
                              Hahaha.

Well, if that is the case, I still don't understand why nothing happens when they're travelling through a star and the turbulence is high.

Spoiler:
                              *beep*

Comment

Actualy, after some consideration, there is a good reason for sparks flying.

Destiny is old and definetly showing it's age. Therefore, the insulation around a lot of the wires is frayed, cracked, etc. Under normal operations, the shields don't pull much power, and the current stays in the wire. But when under fire, it draws a lot more current, which overcomes the resistance of the air and current starts jumping from the wires to the (grounded) walls-hence a lot of sparks.

Comment

Working...
                                X