Kino Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
    didnt you ask this in the other thread ?
    I created a thread after I posted on the other thread because I thought it was getting off topic xP
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
      I've never seen a mac with such casing, haha. Perhaps he's running a cracked version of OS X.
      Well, assuming the laptop was specially built to interface with alien tech, I'd say it's a pretty normal "SGC" kind of look. I like to think that the SGC uses Macs anyway. Especially when:
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        Well, assuming the laptop was specially built to interface with alien tech, I'd say it's a pretty normal "SGC" kind of look. I like to think that the SGC uses Macs anyway. Especially when:
        Ahahahaha!
        Who knows? Maybe.

Spoiler:
        *beep*
        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          To the question at hand, Eli got his laptop from the supplies they brought with them, presumably, and the SGC has spent years learning how to interface their tech with virtually any alien system.
          Yup. Both carter and Mccay are used to connecting laptops to ancient terminals..

Comment

Fair enough. I didn't know that, re. SGC's knowledge. I'm still new to the SG world

Maybe, but I'd imagine that would still be difficult to get the correct frequency, etc.
            so those 13 years of leanring how to interface their computers with aliens ones and suddenyl some old tech is beyond them?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              so those 13 years of leanring how to interface their computers with aliens ones and suddenyl some old tech is beyond them?
              No, engineering a device on the ship without many supplies is difficult.
              Last edited by Mozzza; 02 December 2010, 12:28 PM.

Spoiler:
              *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                Ever tried plugging an HDMI cable into an RCA slot? Ever tried to watch a VHS through a DVD player? Ever tried to use a floppy disk in Modern-day computers.

We've figured out "Modern" Ancient tech and as such we have the proper hook-ups for it. The "Ancient" Ancient tech is different. We don't have the hook ups for it. The OP's Question is valid.
                sigpic

Comment

As long as Destiny's tech is vaguely similar to modern Ancient tech, they could devise a link with relative ease.

Comment

As long as Destiny's tech is vaguely similar to modern Ancient tech, they could devise a link with relative ease.
                    With the vast quantity of resources at their disposal? They brought hardly anything through the gate, remember?

They have neither the specs, materials, nor tools to replicate anything as of right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

With the vast quantity of resources at their disposal? They brought hardly anything through the gate, remember?

They have neither the specs, materials, nor tools to replicate anything as of right now.
                      They brought most of the expedition supplies, including a fair portion of the technical equipment. That is all they would need to do the job. Worst case scenario they have to hotwire something.

Comment

They brought most of the expedition supplies, including a fair portion of the technical equipment. That is all they would need to do the job. Worst case scenario they have to hotwire something.
                        Not to mention all the low level coding which wouldn't be easy at all.

Spoiler:
                        *beep*

Comment

Not to mention all the low level coding which wouldn't be easy at all.
                          Yeah, but that part is practically taken care of already. The system is already Ancient in design. Older operating system, sure, but if they can interface their computers with vastly different tech on the fly, they must have rigged up something to smooth that over.

Comment

They brought most of the expedition supplies, including a fair portion of the technical equipment.
                            You'll excuse me if I disagree and recommend a re-watch of Air part 1.
                            Worst case scenario they have to hotwire something.
                            I think it'd be a little more complicated than that. Somehow, I don't think splicing a USB cord with an Ancient connector end would work. That's kind of like using my laptop power cord to connect to the internet.
                            sigpic

Comment

You'll excuse me if I disagree and recommend a re-watch of Air part 1.

I think it'd be a little more complicated than that. Somehow, I don't think splicing a USB cord with an Ancient connector end would work. That's kind of like using my laptop power cord to connect to the internet.
                              They brought enough supplies along to have several laptops and Riley was able to modify the hot plate to charge Earth tech. I'd say they have the tools.

Comment

They brought enough supplies along to have several laptops and Riley was able to modify the hot plate to charge Earth tech. I'd say they have the tools.
                                Laptops don't mean you can build a physical contraption to connect Ancient tech to Earth tech. Build me a mouse that can be used on my computer using only a laptop. It can't be done.

As for the charging plate, I'm fairly positive he just dialed back the rate at which items are charged. Allowing for Earth tech to be used on the plate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X