No announcement yet.

Stasis rooms possible on Destiny ? SPOILERS S1 and S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding was that Vis Uban was never completed.
    I'll have to rewatch the episode, but I'm pretty sure that it was still under construction when the plague struck.

So it is highly possible that it would have had a weapons platform if it had been comleted.

Comment

Correct, Vis Uban was never finished, construction began but was stopped due to the plague.
      Coincidentally its also the place where we first hear about the plague.

Also, why was Ayianna left behind?
      I re-watched the opening scene of Atlantis 1x01 and just before Atlantis leaves, the other Ancient guy gives what loks like Ayianna a very dirty look, its almost disgusting and she looks shameful

I didnt think the Ancients were like that with their own kind, i prefer to think of them as willing to help anyone, i mean there was always the stasis chamber ..

N.C

Comment

Well I thought the look was more concern or fear rather than hate or disgust. I mean if you think about it their families and entire city were just packing up and shipping out to another galaxy. Also I thought the first we heard of the plague was in frozen, although in decent we do get the piece of information that it was a wide spread thing not just localised. Now back to Vis Uban, being under construction and all, why didn’t we see any signs of construction devices? (Damn those writers and the many plot holes they leave us lol)
        sigpic

Comment

What I always found strange about Vis Uban is how we found nothing there at all, no technology, no construction equipment. Nothing, and I doubt it was all looted over the years.

Also its architecture shares nothing in common with Atlantis at all. Also it was the last address by O'neil entered into the database.

Surely if Vis Uban and Atlantis should share some similarities in design.

Instead Vis Uban seem to have more in common with the craft the ancients use to travel from the ori galaxy to Earth than Atlantis.

I also fine it odd that it takes SG1 a few hours to search Vis Uban to confirm there no technology and in 5 years of search Atlantis we are still finding secrets baried within the city. An in ten months we have barely scratch the surface of destiny.
          Distiny and Uban share a common look.

Atlantis a anomaly in ancient designs. It shares little or nothing in design with any other structure we have seen of the ancients.
          Last edited by knowles2; 18 April 2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
            Now back to Vis Uban, being under construction and all, why didn’t we see any signs of construction devices?
            If Vis Uban was under construction when Atlantis left 5 million years ago, then it has been left completely unattended for that entire time. It is a miracle that there is anything left of it at all. I really don't think you grasp just how long 5 million years is.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Atlantis a anomaly in ancient designs. It shares little or nothing in design with any other structure we have seen of the ancients.
            Except for the Outpost on Taonas, and of course any Ancient structure/outpost in the Pegasus Galaxy.
            Last edited by D Toccs; 18 April 2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

What I always found strange about Vis Uban is how we found nothing there at all, no technology, no construction equipment. Nothing, and I doubt it was all looted over the years.
              Maybe the ancients were gonna put the tech in nearer its completion.. but when the plague hit, they decided against it.

Also its architecture shares nothing in common with Atlantis at all. Also it was the last address by O'neil entered into the database.

Surely if Vis Uban and Atlantis should share some similarities in design.
              Vis and atlantis were made for different purposes, which is imo why their designs are different.

I also fine it odd that it takes SG1 a few hours to search Vis Uban to confirm there no technology and in 5 years of search Atlantis we are still finding secrets baried within the city. An in ten months we have barely scratch the surface of destiny.
              Distiny and Uban share a common look.

Maybe that's cause vis uban was a small area compared to atlantis.

Comment

Well searching Atlantis would be like searching every room in every building in Manhattan, Vis Uban on the other hand looked like a small rural settlement in construction, I will re-watch the episode and maybe get a few screenshots.
                sigpic

Comment

Well searching Atlantis would be like searching every room in every building in Manhattan, Vis Uban on the other hand looked like a small rural settlement in construction, I will re-watch the episode and maybe get a few screenshots.
                  This was suppose to be the crown jewel in the ancient empire, then it should be bigger than a small rural settlement. An it certainly looked bigger on screen.

As to the other points about post, the ancients, in every structure we have seen like to integrate there technology into the building. They even seem to hide it quite often, especially in the Milkyway Galaxy. Why would they has it at a latter stage.

Why would they suddenly change this philosophy in Vis Uban.

Comment

Maybe they were planning to, but had too many resources tied up in other things (fighting the plague)..

Comment

Considering Ancients construction was most likely done by Nanites, there wouldnt be any construction equipment.

Maybe the stone structures were built as temporary structures, then once metal had been refined and extracted from the ground, reorganized by nanites to be the correct metal/alloy and then begun to build the metal skyscrapers from the ground up, atom by atom.

Hell, maybe Vis'Uban was supposed to be a city ship like Atlantis but bigger? o_O

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                        Considering Ancients construction was most likely done by Nanites, there wouldnt be any construction equipment.

Maybe the stone structures were built as temporary structures, then once metal had been refined and extracted from the ground, reorganized by nanites to be the correct metal/alloy and then begun to build the metal skyscrapers from the ground up, atom by atom.

Hell, maybe Vis'Uban was supposed to be a city ship like Atlantis but bigger? o_O

N.C
                        Next gen Lantian city, I like the sound of that. Although after watching the episode it looks more like they were carving downwards rather than building up, I only say that because it looks very similar to Petra.
                        Petra:
                        http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/...8f6a028b8e.jpg
                        Vis Uban:
                        http://images.wikia.com/stargate/ima...1/Vis_Uban.JPG
                        Also I thought that the nanite technology came much later in the Alteran/Lantian timeline.
                        sigpic

Comment

Next gen Lantian city, I like the sound of that. Although after watching the episode it looks more like they were carving downwards rather than building up, I only say that because it looks very similar to Petra.
                          Petra:
                          http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/...8f6a028b8e.jpg
                          Vis Uban:
                          http://images.wikia.com/stargate/ima...1/Vis_Uban.JPG
                          Also I thought that the nanite technology came much later in the Alteran/Lantian timeline.
                          It a shame that appears to be the only image we of the city. But it does look massive. An it does look like it been hammered out of solid rock.

We do not know when the ancients started to use nanites, but I doubt the Asurans were there first use of nano technology.

Comment

In my eyes, i just watched SG1 7x01/2 again, the 3 stone mountains look like they could be support structures for something to be built on top.

N.C

Comment

is this where stasis rooms are, under shuttle 2 and 3 docks?

this is the first time we've seen any detail through those windows, even though i stopped working on a Destiny map im still interested in one.

Comment

I think the stasis rooms would be a little further away than that because the shuttle docks are right next to where the gate room, nexus room and living quarters are.
                                Last edited by Crias; 27 April 2011, 03:47 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X