• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weren't the Nox incredibly old?

DANIEL: Umm

OHPER: How old am I?

OHPER: How do you mark time?

DANIEL: Umm, Years, days; ah a day is one revolution of our planet, a year is one revolution around our sun, there are 365 days in one year so...

OHPER: Then I am four hundred and thirty-two years old.

DANIEL: Well, ah... you look great.

OHPER: Thank you.
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/transcripts/107.shtml
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      yes, even older than i remembered lol

Comment

This means that they have a longer lifespan , it doesn't mean that they are immortals .
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          This means that they have a longer lifespan , it doesn't mean that they are immortals .
          regular Ancients were not immortal either. Otherwise Morros would look like 25, but he looked old, so they also die.

Comment

that's what i was saying the Nox ascend when they reach a specific age , but once ascended they don't age
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

In all fairness, the scope of what SGU and Destiny has shown, cannot be put into terms native to the only 2 galaxies we inhabit BECAUSE of the Ancients.

The distance that Destiny is out into the universe, means that there could be a higher order than ascension, or, it could mean that ascension is a club you get into after your species surviving long enough to evolve to the point of ascension, in which case, the amount of galaxies out there; has to be more than just the ancients.

For me i dont believe the Ancients were the first race to achieve ascension, i doubt this is the case but its fun to develop headaches thinking on this scale;

I imagine a war spanning galaxies between a super powerful ancient civilisation and either 1 super evil or a coalition of lesser species as determined as the Wraith, and beating this ancient civilisation in the way to Wraith beat the Lanteans (superior numbers,) only a small handful of these super powerful good guys survived and achieved a state above ascension over the eons, maybe one of these SPGG (Super Powerful Good Guys) helped the Alterans find the Milky Way or maybe the Alterans discovered evidence about them, built Destiny to find some remnant or find the race itself, as Rush keeps hinting on Destiny having a purpose beyond the most expensive explorative expedition in the history of the cosmos.

If these SPGG did eventually loose the war and became isolated (much like the Rakata from KOTOR) then the galaxies/universal percentage destroyed in the mahoosive war, could have been rebuilt by the SPGG.

I know this is farfetched, but ever since SG writers actually unveiled the meaning of life when Humans from Earth were barely out of the womb metaphorically speaking, thats like a 3 minute old baby walking and talking about Heaven and such, i hate the fact that the SG universe has told us that beyond ascension there is practically nothing more as even the most powerful race we know of havent surpassed ascension yet

N.C

Comment

that's what i was saying the Nox ascend when they reach a specific age , but once ascended they don't age
                What is that based on? Do we know the Nox ascend?
                sigpic

Comment

duh, when you ascend you don't do much

Comment

When you ascend, time is irrelevant
                    (and if the Nox did in fact ascend is unknown to every1)

Comment

Originally posted by AdmlDj View Post
                      Has anyone considered that the ancients could have built the planet and solar system after they ascended? lets just say they ascended and started to explore the universe in that way, we have seen the ascended use the gates to travel around maybe there was something in that galaxy they liked and decided to create a paradise for themselves to take a break from ascension, we have all seen them retake human form at one time or another, im not convinced they built the planet in question but they most certainly could have, maybe before but definately after ascension.
                      if that is the case when did htey build it? Prior to us even getting to the desiny, or after, in response to our presence?

Plus why was the obelisk there? It did not have Ancient writing on them, if they'd hint the humans of Destiny, it wouldve made more sense to use ancient language.
                      Maybe cause they did not Want to hint to the humans it's them.

You have a good point there webxro, they are indeed worshipping them sometimes as, The Ancestors...They won't call it their gods, but it's the same thing.
                      Not really.. cause then there would be faith energy being transfered..

Unless the planetbuilders are also ascended and we do not really know that there is a hierarchy in the ascended realm, who knows...
                      Wasn;t it daniel who theorized that there are even higher planes after ascension?

If that is the case then why move the planet at all.
                      You could leave it where it is then terraform it.
                      Why go to all the hassel of creating a new system?
                      Cause it is not in the right spot... as seen by destinies flight path.

You are saying those planets are put there/build there purely for the position for this massive device, which is huge....like the idea of that

Whch makes me wonder are there more of them>?

We don't know the extent of their power. We know that one of their "older" devices helped seed life throughout an entire galaxy. I mean that, in and of itself, is quite the feat.
                      To me that is on par with the tech level to creat a sun and planet. Heck remember the Ashen had the tech to turn gas giants into suns.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                        When you ascend, time is irrelevant
                        (and if the Nox did in fact ascend is unknown to every1)
                        true that it is unknown but they do have the perfect live style.

plus we dont no there origins but theres a good chance they could be a branch of ancients

Comment

or there is a good chance they are humans that time traveled to escape a war , it's just a guess
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

or there is a good chance they are humans that time traveled to escape a war , it's just a guess
                            well 1 thing is for sure the nox are a much older race than us.

Comment

The planet builders thus far have seemed a great deal more "indistinguishable from magic" than the ancients ever did to me.

That's probably in large part down to the superior presentation and freshness of them though. The ancients are pretty worn out and familiar now. Probably the most thoroughly explored "alien" species in the whole show actually.

Comment

I would say the Gou'ald are the most explored than the ancients...

Comment

Working...
                                X