No announcement yet.

Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the planet builders were just as advanced as the ancients. It would be stretching belief if there wasnt just as advanced races or even more advanced races than the ancients in the universe
    sorry for any spelling mistakes but blame asda for are selling 3 crates of lager for £20

Comment

Well find out in season 3
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        Yes indeed, lets question every little bit of information on the show because every now and then the writers mess up the continuity.
        So, this one incident was just that? Singular and unique? HA.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Perhaps the ancients really arent that ancient. Have a look from this perspective. The ancients came about a few millions of years ago. The DIY planet is billions of lightyears away from the Milky Way. Looking at the general location and the timeline of events, the galaxy the DIY planet was in is much older than when the Ancients came about, older than destiny. This allows more time for evolution in the distant galaxy, therefore other races to evolve sooner than the ancients.

Keep in mind, especially with Stargate, just when you think that the most advanced, most intelligent, and oldest race has been found, there will always be one that is more advanced, more intelligent and older.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcken View Post
            Maybe the planet builders were just as advanced as the ancients. It would be stretching belief if there wasnt just as advanced races or even more advanced races than the ancients in the universe
            sorry for any spelling mistakes but blame asda for are selling 3 crates of lager for £20
            Exactly, there is way too much known about the Ancients compared to 'The Planet Builders', but what is known about them is very impressive.
            LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
            Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
            99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

The Planet Builders could now be ascend and work together with the ancients as a ascended group
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

okay, I'm gonna be radical here...

what if those planet builders are not ascended anymore....cause they as ascended beings were wise enough to see there was no satisfaction in the ascended realm and saw the quality of life itself as the most beautiful thing ever (ever is something they should know)

Comment

Way to radical men , i could imagine one or two crazy creatures giving up the ascended form for the beauty of the universe but not all of them , and they can visit this realm very easy , and faster then with space ships
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                    Way to radical men , i could imagine one or two crazy creatures giving up the ascended form for the beauty of the universe but not all of them , and they can visit this realm very easy , and faster then with space ships
                    The Nox are not ascended and see the quality of life.

Comment

Not all of them are ascended , i can imagine that when a Nox is near the end , he ascends , they don't see the quality of life they think that they are to inexperienced to ascend .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Not all of them are ascended , i can imagine that when a Nox is near the end , he ascends , they don't see the quality of life they think that they are to inexperienced to ascend .
                        I never said all of them are ascended...as far as we know...not 1 of them is ascended...it is never mentioned actually, so can go either way.

Comment

Still they give the impression that they can ascend whenever they want , and why would they die when they can ascend
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Still they give the impression that they can ascend whenever they want , and why would they die when they can ascend
                            I hope you still remember the episode with the Nox?
                            They heal each other with a ceremony, so that gave me the impression that they are not busy with ascension, probably they know about it, but they are not interested, stuck in their ways maybe.

Comment

I doubt that they can heal old age
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

I doubt that they can heal old age
                                ? there was one Nox who was 300 years old...we know not enough about them...

Maybe we should classify the level of a race

class 1 : cellular life
                                class 2 : animal life
                                class 3 : self aware life
                                class 4 : unmanned planetary orbit travel
                                class 5 : manned planetary orbit travel
                                class 6 : unmanned travel within solar system
                                class 7 : manned travel within solar system
                                class 8 : unmanned travel between solar systems
                                class 9 : manned travel between solar systems
                                class 10 : ....

Comment