Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would it take a wormhole drive to reach Destiny's location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard ship speeds have debatably been retconned though.

Even so it would take a long period of continuous travel to reach the Destiny, can hyperdrives handle months of use at their top speeds? Can we provide the power to do this without a ZPM?

A ZPM is worth more than the hundred or so people on Destiny...
    they haven't.

secondly, i posted ages ago that either Destiny is reached within a short timeframe at a huge cost or in a long timeframe at relatively low cost. pick your way

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      they haven't.

secondly, i posted ages ago that either Destiny is reached within a short timeframe at a huge cost or in a long timeframe at relatively low cost. pick your way
      The two week travel time quote disagrees with you. Like I said it's debatable so let's leave it at that.

You know exactly how far the Destiny is then? Didn't I basically say it would be of great cost to reach the Destiny in my post...
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Just curious but since we saw the starmap on destinys flightpath in Air have we have any incling into destinys location approx? even the amount of galaxies its been through

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
          Just curious but since we saw the starmap on destinys flightpath in Air have we have any incling into destinys location approx? even the amount of galaxies its been through
          ...a lot.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Under a minute.
            But the chance of not being vaporised either upon activation or arrival, is practically nil.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

By capturing ori ships and down loading their databases till we get what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                How long would it take a spacecraft with a wormhole drive the reach the Destiny's current location and how much power output would be required?
                It would take exactly 2 EALs and would require 3 PDUs.

(EAL = Episode Act Length. PDU = Plot Device Unit.)
                [edit] By responding to the OP without reading the whole thread I failed to noticed that I already read the whole thread and posted... whoops.
                Last edited by Eternal Density; 12 September 2010, 07:00 PM. Reason: my point still stands though.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

the fastest way to get there would be to Transwarp there

Comment

As long as the writers need it to take. I mean, you only have to look at hyperdrive speed inconsistencies to look that numbers are not their thing. I hope they'll never end up reaching Destiny, though.

Comment

eh, plot-hole drive surely?

Gets you there in comfort and style!
                      Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                      Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                      Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                      Song: Louder!
                      Dalek louder: Mercy!
                      Song: One more time.
                      Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

i would like some supplies for Destiny but nobody there until the last episode in 20 seasons
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Interesting thread, answer as long as it takes to step through a stargate.

Wormholes fold space time, travel is instant! =P
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                            Interesting thread, answer as long as it takes to step through a stargate.

Wormholes fold space time, travel is instant! =P
                            Near-instantaneous.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Near-instantaneous.
                              didn't carter say it was like 3 secs. but traveling to destiny might take longer being a billion light years from earth
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                didn't carter say it was like 3 secs. but traveling to destiny might take longer being a billion light years from earth
                                A wormhole is a wormhole. Stepping through the gate in Cheyenne Mountain going to Abydos will take just as long as if you were going directly to Atlantis. As far as we can tell, the time between de-materialization and re-materialization is incredibly small. And besides, it may take a few seconds, but to the traveler it will appear instantaneous because as Carter pointed out, you are unconscious when you're de-materialized.
                                We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                                —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                                —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                                X