No announcement yet.

What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is getting bogged down into a puddle-jumper/dart debate and neither of them is actually necessary. Medical supplies (especially antibiotics, personally I wouldn't trust TJ's homemade varieties when I could get some vancomycin), seeds, UV lights, fertilisers, water, water purification tablets, a large supply of tinned food.

Eli strikes me as the only person who would use a console
    And condoms. Seriously.

Comment

Cigarettes, dip, coffee. This should at least help with morale. On a survivability issue....weapons, ammo, cases of food such as MREs, medical supplies, antibiotics, water purification. Perhaps some computers that contain whatever we know of Ancient tech, and language. Clothing for diffrent enviorments. On the subject of weapons, they should use energy based weapons, as they can be recharged, and last longer. Perhaps shield generators, all loaded into a PJ. Half of what was listed would help. Also, socks for Young.

Comment

put the puddle jumper in backwards with a wraith beaming device with naquida generators and supplys like laptops, books and sheet metal for small repairs on destiny. but if you have a puddle jumper and you are really worried about having no room in the gate room you can just fly the jummper to the planet and just gate to where the ship will be heading next.

Comment

That won't work imo as our 'more than one galaxy jump' thing is linked specifically to the destiny.

Comment

well my idea is little different than all of yours.

instead of PJ we should send few 4WD buggies each carring few boxes of supplies. and few well armed and trained marines, capable of defending Destiny against attackers. of course armed with energy, not projectile weapons.

supplies should be weapons, medic stuff, some kind of personal shields and lots of other usefull stuff. if we can even plug in ZPM / other generators in to Destiny systems, than aditional power supply.

buggies can be used for off-world and in-destiny exploration. and we can park them in normal room .

Comment

Buggies would fit the tone of the show better aswell

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

But how many buggies could you fit through the gate in that 30 sec?

Comment

If they are prepared I think 4 without any problems.

Comment

and they could be laden with gear

clearly ark devices stuffed with supergate segments is the best possible idea but im going for stuff that has a hope in hell of happening.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I suggest a supply of rollerblades - very practical, since it would cut down time running from one part of the Destiny to another - especially in emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                        and few well armed and trained marines, capable of defending Destiny against attackers.
                        I can hear the sales pitch for that one already.

"Hands up for a one way trip across the universe, with little hope of getting home, the distinct possibility of dying a slow and painful death, not to mention (wait for it), all of the luxuries of life in priso...aboard an ancient vessel heading into the unknown!"

Comment

Well as I understand it, some of the marines would sign in for the job in case US goverment would taken care of their family. For example in Atlantis the entire team (Shepard, McKay & Co) joined the expidition with no info on what will happen with them.

So if McKay can do it, so the US marines can.

Comment

Well as I understand it, some of the marines would sign in for the job in case US goverment would taken care of their family. For example in Atlantis the entire team (Shepard, McKay & Co) joined the expidition with no info on what will happen with them.

But McKay and Shephard didn't sign up to have their families taken care of (Shephard's being rich and all; and McKay having not even spoken to his sister for several years). I'm pretty sure most of the Atlantis group volunteered out of curiosity and to get in on something really exciting. Though, to be fair, there might have been a few military who signed up for the money their families might get. And Weir did tell everyone just before the gate was activated that she was giving everyone a last chance to back out, and nobody did (I'm pretty sure her statement would have included anybody in the military that wanted to back out).

Comment

So you see; volunteers

Comment

You can't seriously be comparing Atlantis to Destiny

The sales pitch used was completely different. "Greatest discovery in human history" compared to "a more-or-less one way suicide mission." When asking anyone to volunteer for that kind of mission, you'd better have a damned good "fate of the world" type reason.

I couldn't justify asking people to accept slow deaths just for the possibility of saving >80 people.

Comment

Working...
                                X