No announcement yet.

What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if that were the case you'd still need room to unload the jumpers. Also, the Atlantis people might not be too happy lending them out permanently. Finally, we already have robots that can haul cargo. Way back in season one we had that FRED thing and there are other real life robots that can perform similar tasks. They'd be smaller, (presumably cheaper) and could have uses onboard or off world.

Comment

Batteries for all the handheld lights and computers.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
        Even if that were the case you'd still need room to unload the jumpers. Also, the Atlantis people might not be too happy lending them out permanently. Finally, we already have robots that can haul cargo. Way back in season one we had that FRED thing and there are other real life robots that can perform similar tasks. They'd be smaller, (presumably cheaper) and could have uses onboard or off world.
        they would be more than enough room.
        also we would not sent atlantis jumpers we would build something similar to them

Comment

I think the jumper idea is pretty sound.
          Even if they are only able to fit one in the gateroom it is still by far the best use of space/time in those short 30 seconds. a jumper would be invaluable in locating resources on planets.

Besides... These sudden 'plot loop-hole 11th hour saviour' devices are starting to annoy me. SGA would have been cooler without earth being 2 seconds away.

I really hope that SGU doesn't revisit this problem.
          Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

- send at least two puddle jumpers, they're great agile ships for use on missions, the cloak would make these outings a lot safer. McKay can also make them hyperspace capable. If somehow they don't fit side by side, make one float above the gate - the gate room looked quite tall.
            - in the cargo holds there should be a couple dozen Mark II naquadah generators (if Earth can't spare a ZPM). These will be fitted throughout the ship (so as not to stress the energy conduits) and will be used to reinforce the shield/power some weapons.
            - some naquadria enhanced nukes would also be useful.
            - weapon supplies: lots of ammo, some more rifles, lots of C4, zats, maybe a few staff weapons, life signs detectors.
            - supplies: dried food, medicine, water (just toss the water from a main line into the gate, Destiny's recycling system will make sure it gets where it needs to be). Condoms and birth control pills would also be a good idea considering the amount of action going on.
            - lots of drones. They can be easily controlled with the jumpers so they don't need a chair. Drones can pass through most shields, so even a single one could make short work of a Blue Alien mothership.
            - repair equipment, space suits, proper CO2 scrubbers, that lime can't possibly last too long.
            - hard drives/storage crystals with terabytes worth of entertainment to boost morale, laptops for everyone. Anything to help pass the time.
            - look in the Atlantis database for any information relating to the tech Destiny uses, maybe find some optimizations the Ancients discovered before upgrading to newer tech.
            - messages from loved ones. Should make a good reason for some drama. I doubt all 90+ people on board had each a turn with the stones. This can go both ways - everyone can send some messages home, and maybe Rush can send some of Destiny's database back to Earth.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

I think they could fit 2 jumpers in there with minimal planning. Not sure how to shrink the photo.
              looks like they could use tissues (see asian guy in middle)
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 April 2011, 11:22 PM. Reason: IMG Tags changed to URL.No other content modified.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                Besides... These sudden 'plot loop-hole 11th hour saviour' devices are starting to annoy me. SGA would have been cooler without earth being 2 seconds away.

I really hope that SGU doesn't revisit this problem.
                They're already revisiting this "saviour" thing by using the stones to get some expert from earth to trade bodies with somebody for awhile to help figure something out in an emergency. I'd really like to see them get rid of the stones and have to survive completely on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Batteries for all the handheld lights and computers.
                  I think they have a charging board on destiny.

Comment

How about sending just the matter conversion tech and a few ZPMs. At this point earth should have looked up ZPM in the ancient database and figured out how create them. Send some replicator tech based helpers. People that were created for a single purpose. Repair destiny help solve problems. At that point rodney and his sister should have finished their work on perfecting the replicator programming.

Comment

Maybe if you make like only a second it would be better as you could giving them too much power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        Maybe if you make like only a second it would be better as you could giving them too much power.
                        what could u give in 1 second???

Comment

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
                          I think they have a charging board on destiny.
                          True.

The more importat right now is non-pericible food, medicines and ammo the crew can "live" with out the rest.

Do to the outgoing speed problems affecting connection between Milky Way type gates and the Destiny anything larger will surelly wreak havok in front of the gate.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                            lets say we find a power source that can diel Destiny but only for 30s what would you send.

What do u think???

two of my ideas are 2 human made ships similar to puddle jumpers and beaming/matteer conversion tech
                            just send BAG he can solve anything
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

how about a self assembling pegausus gate with complamentery zpm
                              C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
                                2 dozen chick hens
                                6 roosters
                                2 crates of seeds of various seeds, each different type of seed kept in different boxes witin said crates
                                2 large crates of panes of naquadah enhanced trinium (for repairs)
                                An incredibly large tool kit with all sorts of crap that they usualy put on Daedelus Class ships...hammers, plasma torches that sort of stuff.
                                As much of the Atlantis mainframe that they can put into hard drive form
                                six space suits
                                20 'new' laptops
                                A big ass crate of books, DVD's, CD's...anything to meet the crews psycological needs
                                I would add in
                                WEAPONS.. not just more guns, but things like all those captured Gou'ald zats, staff weapons, wraith stunners.
                                AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES>

Though do you honestly think you could drop and fly 2 jumpers through the gate within 30 seconds?

You think two puddle jumpers will fit in Destiny's gate room? Even if they would fit, that's a tall order with only the 20 seconds or so you'd have left to get the first one out of the way so that the second doesn't smash into it.
                                The gate room seems rather large, with open air space 'so to speak) upward.

Even if that were the case you'd still need room to unload the jumpers. Also, the Atlantis people might not be too happy lending them out permanently.
                                I am sure the people from the tower planet would not mind us taking them from their city (assuming it never got destroyed after McCay depleted its ZPM by the wraith or the Asurans). All we need to do is fix them up.

life signs detectors.
                                Those would not work unless the people on Destiny have the gene to use them.

Comment

Working...
                                X