What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
    Every chair outpost we've encountered has had a Lantean city docked to it. Earth, Proclarush (spelling?), and The tower. Each a city. Each with an outpost.

It's a fair assumption to guess that the chair outposts are landing pads for the cities.

And Atlantis wasn't designed for water (The Tower, Proclarush). It's just easier to land something like that in water when you don't have 3 zpm's at your disposal.

Atlantis was designed for space travel.
    earth was an outpost only, Proclarush was an outpost only and the tower was a city ship only.

Comment

Every chair outpost we've encountered has had a Lantean city docked to it. Earth, Proclarush (spelling?), and The tower. Each a city. Each with an outpost.

It's a fair assumption to guess that the chair outposts are landing pads for the cities.

And Atlantis wasn't designed for water (The Tower, Proclarush). It's just easier to land something like that in water when you don't have 3 zpm's at your disposal.

Atlantis was designed for space travel.
      earth was an outpost only, Proclarush was an outpost only and the tower was a city ship only.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
        Atlantis was launched from Earth, right above the very spot the outposts rests upon. It would be silly to think that was mere coincidence. Proclarush was an exact copy of the Earth Outpost. Can't remember where, but I remember something about a great city being at the address (spoken aloud) Proclarush.

Like Proclarush and the pre-launch Atlantis, The tower city was on land. This would suggest that there was also an outpost. IIRC, there were various "catacombs" that Mckay said weren't part of the city, but connected with it. This would suggest even further that the outpost was there.

What do you have to have if you want to maintain a High Seas Navy? Fueling/docking stations. Islands make great fueling/docking stations.

What do you have to have if you want cites capable of intergalactic space travel? Fueling/docking stations. Planets make great fueling/docking stations.
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Atlantis was launched from Earth, right above the very spot the outposts rests upon. It would be silly to think that was mere coincidence. Proclarush was an exact copy of the Earth Outpost. Can't remember where, but I remember something about a great city being at the address (spoken aloud) Proclarush.

Like Proclarush and the pre-launch Atlantis, The tower city was on land. This would suggest that there was also an outpost. IIRC, there were various "catacombs" that Mckay said weren't part of the city, but connected with it. This would suggest even further that the outpost was there.

What do you have to have if you want to maintain a High Seas Navy? Fueling/docking stations. Islands make great fueling/docking stations.

What do you have to have if you want cites capable of intergalactic space travel? Fueling/docking stations. Planets make great fueling/docking stations.
          and again why do you think atlantis was launched from right above the out post. it was on earth thats all we no. Proclarush was mistaking for atlantis thats all. there nothing to suggest outposts are landing pads.

can you at least find 1 sentence in any episode that proves you right are even point towards you been right.

if there catacombs were part of an outpost he would have said.

first of all they do not refuel they use ZPMs and second they were not build to fly around a lot. like i said find 1 shed of proof or even a suggestion

Comment

like i said find 1 shed of proof or even a suggestion
            I think it's time you re-watched the series. You seem to have forgotten major events, SG-canon, and other things derived from common sense.

You be a good little boy and run along now.
            sigpic

Comment

I think it's time you re-watched the series. You seem to have forgotten major events, SG-canon, and other things derived from common sense.

hahaha....

that means you have nothing!

next time you make a post saying facts make sure its in the show and not just in your little fantasy world

Comment

hahaha....

next time you make a post saying facts make sure its in the show and not just in your little fantasy world
                I think I'll just re-quote myself since you missed it the first time around:

sigpic

Comment

I am sure it is a very different city now from when it was first launched. thats like saying they did not upgrade it in like a million years. and where have you heard it was the last thing they made before leaving the MW????
                  It does make sense that they would have upgraded it, yes.

Well, hmm... They left in Atlantis. They all left IIRC. Therefore, it is the last thing they made prior to leaving the MW. They still had a few things after their return.

Comment

hahaha....

Hows about you watch any ep of atlantis where they show it lifting off from earth.. you can see the outpost underneith.

Comment

hahaha....

Ancient outposts are military bases used by the Ancients in both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies. Most are powered by Zero Point Modules, however there have been some exceptions when another form of energy, such as geothermal, is abundant. These outposts seem to be military in nature, containing weapons platforms activated by control chairs. Some are used as landing pads for city-ships, and others act as drydocks for ships in the Ancient fleet.

This was taken straight from stargate wikia, here. Who feels silly now?

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                        It does make sense that they would have upgraded it, yes.

Well, hmm... They left in Atlantis. They all left IIRC. Therefore, it is the last thing they made prior to leaving the MW. They still had a few things after their return.
                        I was under the impression it had been on earth for quite some time before they left

Comment

I think I'll just re-quote myself since you missed it the first time around:
                          Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Hows about you watch any ep of atlantis where they show it lifting off from earth.. you can see the outpost underneith.
                          just seen the beginning of the first ep and yes your right. if you just said about were you seen this in the beginning I would have realised it

Comment

oh well done
                            sigpic

Comment

[/facepalm]
                              sigpic

Comment

I was under the impression it had been on earth for quite some time before they left
                                I don't remember any information about that. I am fairly confident that there was something in the story about Atlantis being created and immediately launched. I'm still not sure. Is there anyone that can confirm this?

Comment

Working...
                                X