No announcement yet.

What to sent Destiny if we get a 30s window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but doesnt mean they couldnt have had puddle jumpers when they built the destiny they had gates in their home galaxy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JosephGracey View Post
      was destiny definitely built before atlantis?
      Yes is most definitely was. Destiny pre-dates Lantean tech.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Some cloaking-tech-in-a-box and a few new laptops and some seeds and chickens and hens.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
          Yes is most definitely was. Destiny pre-dates Lantean tech.
          there could have been many Atlantis city's or it could have been upgraded many times but its more likely it would have been replaced in like a million years

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
            Some cloaking-tech-in-a-box and a few new laptops and some seeds and chickens and hens.
            and maybe a few farmers?
            sigpic

Comment

was destiny definitely built before atlantis?
              and if it was they could still have had puddle jumpers back then just that we dont know about them
              Rush stated that Destiny pre-dated the mind-control technology, which was found in Atlantis, meaning that it was sent long before Atlantis.

The puddle jumpers may have been invented before Atlantis, but you must remember that the Puddle Jumpers are mind control. This means that the Destiny was made before the puddle jumpers.

By the way, I could see them flying a puddle jumper into the gate room aboard Destiny. Maybe they will do something like a space base like the midway station near a black hole to dial Destiny, but they won't build the structure yet until they know it works, so they have to test it with a jumper like they did with the Midway station. Still, Destiny's stargate (at least the prop, but maybe not the actual device in the show) is smaller than the Milky Way and Pegasus gates. It was done in order to make the gateroom look bigger, but we don't know if it is smaller as far as the story goes. I would imagine that in the show, it is the same size as the Milky Way gates. Still, I remember someone saying that the jumper would still fit through the smaller prop.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                there could have been many Atlantis city's or it could have been upgraded many times but its more likely it would have been replaced in like a million years
                No, because Atlantis was the last thing the Ancients built before "the plague", wasn't it? They left in it as soon as it was completed. It was their most advanced piece of technology, and was excruciatingly thought out prior to its completion and launch.

Comment

yeah but doesnt mean they couldnt have had puddle jumpers when they built the destiny they had gates in their home galaxy
                  How can that be, since the gates were only a foot note in what's his names book when the cityship left at the beginning of Arc of truth.

No, because Atlantis was the last thing the Ancients built before "the plague", wasn't it? They left in it as soon as it was completed. It was their most advanced piece of technology, and was excruciatingly thought out prior to its completion and launch.
                  Nope. Visuban was supposedly the last place they were building before the plague. BUT both earth and Proclarush taonas had outposts on, which we know are landing pads for the city ships.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    How can that be, since the gates were only a foot note in what's his names book when the cityship left at the beginning of Arc of truth.

Nope. Visuban was supposedly the last place they were building before the plague. BUT both earth and Proclarush taonas had outposts on, which we know are landing pads for the city ships.
                    Oh, right! I forgot about that. Was it confirmed that Taonas was a landing pad for a city ship? They said that Taonas was evacuated when the star was nearing the end of its life. Still, we know that the puddle jumpers were, at the very least, somewhat past Destiny's technology because they did not have the neural component in their technology in Destiny or their technology from Destiny's timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                      I am sure it is a very different city now from when it was first launched. thats like saying they did not upgrade it in like a million years. and where have you heard it was the last thing they made before leaving the MW????

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

what??? atlantis was said to be on earth but who said the out posts were landing pads???

Comment

what??? atlantis was said to be on earth but who said the out posts were landing pads???
                          The one on Earth is pretty clearly shown to be a landing pad of sorts.

Comment

And since we know there are other city ships (tower ep, s2 atlantis) then it makes sense the other outposts are also pads.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              The one on Earth is pretty clearly shown to be a landing pad of sorts.
                              why does it look like a landing pad
                              show me a pic otherwise this is just made up. If outposts were landing pads why do they have chairs, shields and weapons???. Plus atlantis is designed for water.
                              Last edited by mickhhh; 13 December 2010, 06:45 AM.

Comment

why does it look like a landing pad
                                show me a pic otherwise this is just made up. If outposts were landing pads why do they have chairs, shields and weapons???. Plus atlantis is designed for water.
                                Every chair outpost we've encountered has had a Lantean city docked to it. Earth, Proclarush (spelling?), and The tower. Each a city. Each with an outpost.

It's a fair assumption to guess that the chair outposts are landing pads for the cities.

And Atlantis wasn't designed for water (The Tower, Proclarush). It's just easier to land something like that in water when you don't have 3 zpm's at your disposal.

Atlantis was designed for space travel.
                                sigpic
                                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Working...
                                X