Gene Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    Except that if it was proven safe to use, and necessary to use, then I think the IOA could be convinced of its uses.
    they already have a few people with the gene naturally so why take a chance when it could react badly to any person. just because it worked for the few people who got it doesnt mean its complety safe.

Comment

Escyos writes: “Do you think that the Atlantis expedition would still be able to give people the gene therapy once they came back in to contact with Earth after the Siege Part 3.”

Answer: I do.
      i guess i was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
        Not necessarily. Once the DNA sequence in a format storable on a computer anyone could use it. As far as we know Destiny doesn't do bio-checks, this tech was only used for the Atlantis period.

It's a good password, if you don't have the imagination to use something else or want to leave a signature in your work - like Easter eggs found in software.
        You mean, like only initializing it? Like Atlantis computers?

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        they already have a few people with the gene naturally so why take a chance when it could react badly to any person. just because it worked for the few people who got it doesnt mean its complety safe.
        People keep dying. Some day you gonna need more people with this gene. We know of many people that have had the treatment but had fail to incorporate the gene, none of those have had any ill effect.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
          You mean, like only initializing it? Like Atlantis computers?
          Sort of. You don't need to be the living, breathing ancient who set his DNA as the access code, just have a representation of the sequence in computer readable format. Anyone and anything that knows it can input it and gain full access. I.e. a password.
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
            Also the system used in the destiny is similar in the sense that only an "anciet" can utilize the computer system.
            This is incorrect: if my GateWorld password were my mother's name or my mother's date of birth, I would not have to be my mother to log on.

Similarly, just because the Destiny's password is related to the Ancients' genetics does not mean that one has to be an Ancient to enter that password.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
            X