• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    really? where?
    Well you just have to try harder , you can find anything on the web
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
      Concidering how reliant Ancient tech is on power I'm suprised we havent found the plans on making the bloody things yet, feed that info into the Asgard "Make what you want" machine that Jack used to create the initial ARG and pop, sorted..
      Originally posted by Mike. View Post
      It's completely doable if they had the ZPM specs on file, which sadly they don't.
      Actually they did come across the ZPM research, but I think they just haven't been able to get through all the data. I say this because of a conversation between Zelenka and Weir in The Siege Part 1.

WEIR: That's not why I wanted to see you. You have to get me more than seven or eight percent of the database. There has got to be a way of taking more with us.

ZELENKA: Maybe nine percent.

WEIR: How do I choose between Zero Point Module research and their work on ascension? Between weapons schematics and their notes on space travel? No matter what we choose here, invaluable information's gonna be lost, and that is just the information that we've deciphered. Now we all know we have barely even begun to scratch the surface. What if we destroy the cure for all disease, or even some piece of information that could lead to the downfall of the Wraith?

So I don't know why they haven't figured out how to create the buggers yet.. they have the research!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
        Actually they did come across the ZPM research, but I think they just haven't been able to get through all the data. I say this because of a conversation between Zelenka and Weir in The Siege Part 1.

WEIR: That's not why I wanted to see you. You have to get me more than seven or eight percent of the database. There has got to be a way of taking more with us.

ZELENKA: Maybe nine percent.

WEIR: How do I choose between Zero Point Module research and their work on ascension? Between weapons schematics and their notes on space travel? No matter what we choose here, invaluable information's gonna be lost, and that is just the information that we've deciphered. Now we all know we have barely even begun to scratch the surface. What if we destroy the cure for all disease, or even some piece of information that could lead to the downfall of the Wraith?

So I don't know why they haven't figured out how to create the buggers yet.. they have the research!
        I think he was referring that she doesn't know what to chose , not that they found the info about zpm , this doesn't mean that they found the downfall of the wraith
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          I think he was referring that she doesn't know what to chose , not that they found the info about zpm , this doesn't mean that they found the downfall of the wraith

she stated that they have already deciphered the ZPM research, work on ascension, weapon schematics, and the notes on space travel. Then she says what if they destroy information that they haven't deciphered yet that could be important in the future.
          sigpic

Comment

By "deciphered" I think she meant that they had a general idea about what several large portions of data were about, not that they had actually looked through it in any meaningful way - and found the ZPM design specifications, how to use the info to build one or understanding how it all works.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

By "deciphered" I think she meant that they had a general idea about what several large portions of data were about, not that they had actually looked through it in any meaningful way - and found the ZPM design specifications, how to use the info to build one or understanding how it all works.
              but they did come across ZPM research in the Lantian database so since Atlantis survived and that quote from Weir was from season 1. I would think they would have put a team on that research to figure out how to create ZPMs.. so like I said I don't know why they haven't created any ZPMs. unless the research wasn't complete (and with what we know of the Ancients I highly doubt that they would leave the files on ZPMs incomplete especially since Atlantis needs ZPMs to operate) or it's that the math to make a ZPM is so complex that it is over even thier most brilliant scientists heads. I didn't say that they found the ZPM design specs just that they did find information on ZPMs so like I said the Ancients were very detailed oriented so there is probably a lot of information to go through and it'll take time, but it's been 6 years. IDK. I just wanted to show that they did come across the ZPM research so eventually they should be able to figure out how to create them. They learned Goa'uld tech pretty quickly same with Asgard and even Wraith tech they picked up quickly so I would really like to know why they haven't been able to create a ZPM yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Or maybe the bigger info is password protected
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                  Or maybe the bigger info is password protected
                  Their "password protection" is the fact that you need the ancient gene to get into the database and you can be sure that the ZPM research needed to be accessed by someone with the ancient gene. The Ancients gave up actual passwords when they created the ancient gene technology. Even if it was password protected they could create an algorythm to crack it. I don't think it's password protected
                  sigpic

Comment

well either that or we are to dumb to make one , take your pick
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Mods List

Comment

but they did come across ZPM research in the Lantian database so since Atlantis survived and that quote from Weir was from season 1. I would think they would have put a team on that research to figure out how to create ZPMs.. so like I said I don't know why they haven't created any ZPMs. unless the research wasn't complete (and with what we know of the Ancients I highly doubt that they would leave the files on ZPMs incomplete especially since Atlantis needs ZPMs to operate) or it's that the math to make a ZPM is so complex that it is over even thier most brilliant scientists heads. I didn't say that they found the ZPM design specs just that they did find information on ZPMs so like I said the Ancients were very detailed oriented so there is probably a lot of information to go through and it'll take time, but it's been 6 years. IDK. I just wanted to show that they did come across the ZPM research so eventually they should be able to figure out how to create them. They learned Goa'uld tech pretty quickly same with Asgard and even Wraith tech they picked up quickly so I would really like to know why they haven't been able to create a ZPM yet.
                      Here's an analogy: you hear some dialog from a foreign movie. You recognize the language as Russian (for example). But do you actually understand what the characters are saying ? No.

That requires you to know the language; you'll have to study it - the vocabulary, the grammar, the many small details that can alter the meaning of a phrase completely, even study the culture to be able to decode various nuances and symbols that reference even more complex topics.

Similarly, before they can make use of the information about ZPMs they have to study it fully, which will most likely take a considerable amount of time.

I imagine that a team was set up for this very purpose (in area 51 probably) as soon as Atlantis had a chance to transmit the data. So far they have nothing.

The Asgard barely managed to scrape the surface of what's contained in an Ancient repository of knowledge

Their "password protection" is the fact that you need the ancient gene to get into the database and you can be sure that the ZPM research needed to be accessed by someone with the ancient gene. The Ancients gave up actual passwords when they created the ancient gene technology. Even if it was password protected they could create an algorythm to crack it. I don't think it's password protected
                      The Ancients still have "passwords", though not the kind we have. Janus had a device that unlocked Attero. Merlin made heavy use of riddles, tests requiring knowledge of Ancient culture and their moral code; the entrance to the weapon on Dakara was only unlocked after elements of a text were put in the right position; a puzzle had to be solved to get the ZPM in SGA: The Brotherhood, etc.

Considering how sensitive ZPE info is (and how to build ZPMs) - you can bet that they've protected it somehow.
                      Last edited by Mike.; 11 September 2010, 02:49 PM.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

If they had 100 ZPMs plugged into the Ori Supergate, it would explode and take out two fifths of the galaxy.
                        [edit] It will be glorious!
                        Last edited by Eternal Density; 12 September 2010, 06:55 PM. Reason: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Here's an analogy: you hear some dialog from a foreign movie. You recognize the language as Russian (for example). But do you actually understand what the characters are saying ? No.

That requires you to know the language; you'll have to study it - the vocabulary, the grammar, the many small details that can alter the meaning of a phrase completely, even study the culture to be able to decode various nuances and symbols that reference even more complex topics.

Similarly, before they can make use of the information about ZPMs they have to study it fully, which will most likely take a considerable amount of time.

I imagine that a team was set up for this very purpose (in area 51 probably) as soon as Atlantis had a chance to transmit the data. So far they have nothing.

The Asgard barely managed to scrape the surface of what's contained in an Ancient repository of knowledge
                          so they are probably still going through all the data that was one of my theory's. oh and they probably had a set back if they were researching it at area 51 because area 51 is no more. I would think they put a research team on it and kept them on Atlantis since Atlantis would have any equipment needed to make them. but i get your point.

The Ancients still have "passwords", though not the kind we have. Janus had a device that unlocked Attero. Merlin made heavy use of riddles, tests requiring knowledge of Ancient culture and their moral code; the entrance to the weapon on Dakara was only unlocked after elements of a text were put in the right position; a puzzle had to be solved to get the ZPM in SGA: The Brotherhood, etc.

Considering how sensitive ZPE info is (and how to build ZPMs) - you can bet that they've protected it somehow.
                          Good point when I think of password protected i think of like the ones we have or like the one that Destiny has. it could be that it's protected by some kind of riddle or something, but i would have thought that they would have figured out by now. so at this point I want to say that it's just too much information and it's taking a while to sift through it all. Also wasn't the riddle in the brotherhood created by the brotherhood themselves and not the Ancients?
                          sigpic

Comment

Just another method but technicly the Gate can clearly tap into any nearby power source
                            Spoiler:
                            In the Pegasus Prject the gate automaticly tapped into the black hole
                            so just put a gate in orbit of a black hole dial Destiny build a space station around the gate and send supplies through

Comment

That would need some massive time dilation and it will only be a one way gate
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

They could send another supergate in pieces through Destiny's normal gate and a large number of ZPMs to power it. When it's completed they can take Destiny through it and everyone on it back to MW.

Of course for this to work we'd need an obscene number of ZPMs or the knowledge to build them, and for the crew to gain navigational control of Destiny.

Sounds too farfetched even for Stargate.

Did you even think that through? If they could dial the Destiny gate, why would they send through pieces of a super-gate when they could just send more supplies? And we have no way of knowing if a ZPM could help them. They would have to tie the ZPM into their power grid, which Destiny is not designed for. We know they have technology to interface a ZPM to Earth technology, but Destiny is extremely old, and I doubt it could handle it.
                                We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                                —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                                —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                                X