Destiny's Main Weapon SPOILERS through Space onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
    I wouldn't put too much weight on the color of the weapons' blasts/beams/pulses/spheres-o'-glowin'-doom.
    If anything, it's probably just to help the audience distinguish between who's firing at who.

Of course, they can always explain it away by saying these aliens used X energy source or Y crystals on their weapons, giving them their particularly distinct color.

re: Hatak weapons
    on the other hand, it's entirely possible that Destiny's weapons share similarities (or even origins) w/ Goauld ones. I mean, didn't the Goauld just steal their tech to begin with?
    That thye do, but destiny is so old, i doubt the gou'ald were even around to steal it when it launched.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      That thye do, but destiny is so old, i doubt the gou'ald were even around to steal it when it launched.
      That's probably true, but I was pointing toward (perhaps not clearly enough...I blame my brain ) the Goa'uld's vessels/weapons being, probably, derived (stolen) from Ancient tech; hence the possible reason for the similarities between Goa'uld weapon fire and the Destiny's weapon fire.
      sigpic

Comment

thekillman: I agree that in reality that color and shape is not the most reliable means of determining origin of technology. My point that I meant to clarify was that the creators want to draw on past elements to help explain why rush or who ever is going to be able to improve the guns.

Rush: well it turns out that these weapons systems are similar to goauld weapons. So I was able to optimize the output
        Eli:....ya guns go boom.

Comment

well, ive been a longtime fan of BSG and while there are similaritys between destiny and the galatica, it doesent look anything like it, specially the guns, since when did galatica have hatak like guns, anyway back to the main point.
          Destiny is old, maybe 'the big gun' was much more powerful when it was first installed, kind of like their energy reserves, rush stated that they could only hold 44 percent of their original capacity so myabe the guns were like that, but for a ship like destiny i hate to say it but it lacks firepower, 1 on 1 with the blue clickers destiny only barly won, altho destiny had a -99 percent firepower/shilds with rush gone. Loving the idea of duck taping rush to the front of destiny and using glare vision

Comment

Working...
          X