Rather large Inconsistency with SGU with regards to SG1 and SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Aer'ki
    If the Destiny gate has trouble 'targeting' gates within a single galaxy...how then can it dial another galaxy, say, like ours, to return the crew to Earth? If it can't find something a few light years away, forget about ever returning home.
    You're assuming the problem is with Destiny's gate. I think it's more likely the limited range problem lies with the planetary stargates. Destiny may only connect to a planetary gate when the planetary gate can dial Destiny back. No sense in taking a one way trip.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

a DHD can run out of power. a gate can not. as a gate does not have a powersource. however, the Destiny gates do need a powersource.

stuff a Destiny gate has which other gates dont:

-powersource
      -DHD components for it's function.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        a DHD can run out of power. a gate can not. as a gate does not have a powersource. however, the Destiny gates do need a powersource.

stuff a Destiny gate has which other gates dont:

-powersource
        -DHD components for it's function.
        What's the power source of an SGU stargate? Is it ever mentioned?

Comment

we have been told many times that the power source is located in the pedestal the gate sits in.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            You're assuming the problem is with Destiny's gate. I think it's more likely the limited range problem lies with the planetary stargates. Destiny may only connect to a planetary gate when the planetary gate can dial Destiny back. No sense in taking a one way trip.
            Green for you! It is the best theory and i also agrees that all the problems are due to lack of power from the planetary stargates. If only an refugies had gather an naquadah generator than it would be possible to dial destiny even if it has already left.

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
            What's the power source of an SGU stargate? Is it ever mentioned?
            The Destiny aquires it power from stars colecting gases and other materials, probably to use in fusion, so the stargate aquires power from destiny.

Originally posted by ascyos
            we have been told many times that the power source is located in the pedestal the gate sits in.
            From whom? Also i have visited the links on your sig pretty good. Recently Jo Mallozi has posted many pictures of plans of construction for the Destiny's sets. Would be good to use them on your destiny project.
            Last edited by Steelbox; 30 April 2010, 12:28 PM.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              Green for you! It is the best theory and i also agrees that all the problems are due to lack of power from the planetary stargates. If only an refugies had gather an naquadah generator than it would be possible to dial destiny even if it has already left.

The Destiny aquires it power from stars colecting gases and other materials, probably to use in fusion, so the stargate aquires power from destiny.

From whom? Also i have visited the links on your sig pretty good. Recently Jo Mallozi has posted many pictures of plans of construction for the Destiny's sets. Would be good to use them on your destiny project.
              joe mallozzi mentioned the power source in teh pedestal when asked numerous times, you woul dhave to search for the answer there. and es i do have those plans saved to my comp already

Comment

Working...
              X